SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 5th July 2009, 13:38

Default Best treatment..is there one

Ok i'm new to all of this.I'm 55 & have been a blusher since i can't remember when.I actually believe it's heriditary but obviously can't prove this.Even with this problem i managed to get married,have a family and get decent job.Problem? Yes.It's getting worse as i get older & even more worrying is the fact that i'm a fairly senior manger & have to hold team meetings etc.I just sit there with a purple face & everyone thinking what the hells wrong with him.Occasionally someone comments & of course it gets worse.

Can someone tell me if there is a drug that has the same effects as alcohol because with a couple of drinks inside me it's not a problem!

Thanks
Old 6th July 2009, 17:37

Mood
Busy

Default Re: Best treatment..is there one

hi

Like you I have always had a problem with blushing it has been the bain of my life. I've worried myself sick at times about how I must appear to others and sometimes people have made some pretty hurtful remarks about it. Like you all I wanted was a pill I could take to stop it! A few drinks and my blushing seems to stop too.
I now know there is no magic pill because blushing is just another symptom of anxiety. You need to tackle the anxiety. Have you tried CBT? It's something you need to practice regularly but it is effective. You could speak to your GP about taking Beta blockers or Seroxat. These have all heped me. One thing I haven't tried is hypnotherapy but I believe it does work for some.
Breathing exercises and relaxation techniques all can help. You can find info' on these on the internet.
Hope this has been of some help.
Closed Thread