Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 4th November 2010, 01:59
Banned

Mood
Alienated

Default Gaming talk

I was going to buy COD:Black Ops next week but my sole is seperating itself from the shoe. So whilst you're enjoying it i'll be walking around in snazzy new shoes.
Old 4th November 2010, 02:47
Banned

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: Gaming talk

PS3 for me, but yeah i much prefer Infinity Wards games
Old 4th November 2010, 03:07
Banned

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG.89
Infinity Ward might have new stuff coming out late 11/early 12 I hear (Respawn Entertainment)

People were expecting things from them at E3 back in the summer but they've been setting up offices/contracts/staff etc. and wouldn't have had any time for any real work on a title yet.

I'm guessing their first release will be a space shooter to compete with Halo.
Cool that they're still managing to hold the team together after the fracas, but a Halo clone - I HATED Halo, like i hated Half Life.
Old 4th November 2010, 06:15
Banned

Mood
Alienated

Bayonetta - my fun game of the year. It was sharp, fast, creative and inventive at the same time. Like watching a fireworks display.
Old 4th November 2010, 09:06

Ive had no urge to play games for a while, i played a bit of fifa when it came out, same for civ5, but i just kinda get bored with games so quickly these days. Ill prolly get black ops, play it for 5mins then chuck it to one side, im beginning to think im wasting my money
Old 4th November 2010, 09:29

I'm holding off on Black Ops for now, I was adding up all I've spent on COD:MW2 , 40 quid for the game and 2 sets of map packs at 8 or 12 quid (cant remember exactly) so I feel I need to play it a bit longer.

Just ordered Blur for £12 from Play the other day, steal!, its a cross between a realistic racer and mario cart , quality stuff
Old 4th November 2010, 13:48

Mood
Thinking

I love the Nintendo Wii and also Nintendo DS games. I used to be able to play on them all day, but nowadays I sometimes get bored pretty quickly.
Old 4th November 2010, 14:06

Mood
Lurking

Fallout New Vegas!!!!! Fable 3!!!!!!! Want them both.
Old 4th November 2010, 14:06

you noobs!!!!
Old 4th November 2010, 15:47

The New Metal Gear Solid : Rising, looks good, know idea if its got a release date yet.

Old 4th November 2010, 16:00

Mood
Dreaming

Halo series within and without. Personally think its an amazingly thought out universe. Currently playing Halo: Reach and Bad Company 2 at the minute. Possibly might get Fable 3 - though personally I have yet to play any of the fable series.
Old 4th November 2010, 16:47

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Have it on PC! It will be a great game but it is saturated with bugs right now..

Majoooorr bug fest, they may as well have called it Buggout: New Vegas.

seriously... creatures walking inside the floor at angles - often upside-down, items disappearing, quests terminating incorrectly, some companions don't level up with you, Reputation system knackered, fps stutters, CTD

etc..

I suppose that's what happens when you pressure a different studio to make a game using your shitty dinosaur game engine in such a short time.
Oh no, the xbox 360 version should be ok though I hope!! fallout 3 had bugs aswell . Think I might get Fable 3 first then and see how it goes. They used the same engine with oblivion I think cos that world map hs the same glitch.
Old 4th November 2010, 17:27

Mood
Alienated

I'm going to wait for reviews of Black Ops to see if it's worth shelling out for - it might be nothing new. Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3 fall into the "nothing new" category for me too.

I'm tempted by Rock Band 3 because I haven't got any music games but I don't think it will sell well and the price might drop soon.

I'm currently playing Vanquish and the awesome Super Meat Boy.
Old 4th November 2010, 18:18

Quote:
seriously... creatures walking inside the floor at angles - often upside-down, items disappearing, quests terminating incorrectly, some companions don't level up with you, Reputation system knackered, fps stutters, CTD
Most of those problems have been fixed... well not officially but on the FNV Nexus, you can download the player made patches bundle.
And if you don't know what the Nexus is and you play Fallout on the PC... shame on you!

Oh and..... CONSOLES SUCK! PC FTW!
Old 4th November 2010, 18:33

Quote:
I'd rather wait for official patches.
You'll probably be waiting for a while then. Good luck with that.
I just wish someone would make a HUD where you have the Sleep, Drink and Eat reader on, so you don't have to go into the Pipboy all the time.
Old 4th November 2010, 18:53

Mood
Lonely

any1 ever played mohaa on the pc?

very good game, ive not played it in years, not many people play online anymore, i think there are still a few tho, it will always be my fave game, even tho the graphocs are cruddy compared to the new games great nostalgia for this game

doesnt get much better than a stalingrad sniper only battle , stalingrad is the best map ever made in any game lol , i love the film enemy at the gates, it reminds me so much of it
Old 4th November 2010, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequiet1
any1 ever played mohaa on the pc?

very good game, ive not played it in years, not many people play online anymore, i think there are still a few tho, it will always be my fave game, even tho the graphocs are cruddy compared to the new games great nostalgia for this game

doesnt get much better than a stalingrad sniper only battle , stalingrad is the best map ever made in any game lol , i love the film enemy at the gates, it reminds me so much of it
Yeah, I love that game

Yeah stalingrad map was good for sniping
Old 5th November 2010, 02:47

Mood
Lonely

cool becky

yep its an amazing game all round, even down to the soundtrack.

pc games are the best , i cant aim for poo with the sticks on the xbox controllers, its almost embarassing how bad im am, considering i was awsome with the mouse :D
Old 5th November 2010, 04:24

Mood
Amazed

Anyone still play PS2? lol Hey at least the games are cheap... playing Black atm, it's freakin' amazing!
Old 5th November 2010, 05:25

Mood
Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Running Man
I have a ps2 somewhere gathering dust! I played Age of Empires today, the first time in 5 years...now I remember why I stopped playing video games, it sucked 5 hours of my life!!...and to top it off, the game crashed, karmas way of reminding me how much time I spent on it.
Oh count yourself lucky you weren't playing Final Fantasy!
Old 5th November 2010, 09:53

Mood
Sunshine

I like playing GTA, have all of them on my PS2 and manage to play them for a good few hours when i'm idle!
Due to lack of PS3/Xbox 360 I only started playing GTA IV a few months ago, but defo worth the wait
Old 5th November 2010, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowza
playing Black atm, it's freakin' amazing!

That was the last game I played on the PS2, quality stuff indeed, I had to complete all difficulty levels (god knows how many hours I played it lol) I was that addicted. It wasn't improved upon until COD Modern Warfare many years later IMHO.
Old 5th November 2010, 15:59

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowza
Anyone still play PS2? lol Hey at least the games are cheap... playing Black atm, it's freakin' amazing!
I still play all my old consoles, I love old games. Gonna play tomb raider 2 later and have been playing Breath of Fire 4. Laxius power 1 is also a really good game. I mainly use my PS2 for FFx, Jade cocoon, timesplitters and Dark Chronicle.
Old 5th November 2010, 19:34

Mood
Crappy

Currently immersed in Fallout New Vegas on the 360. The bugs! They're the most disappointing and frustrating aspect of the game. When something unexpected happens, I'm never sure whether it's genuinely meant to happen or whether the game has ****ed up again.

I've had magical cups floating in mid-air, computer terminal screens that don't appear when I want to use them, enemies merging with rocks and melting into roads. They completely throw you out of the game. Still, it does retain some of the charm and fun of Fallout 3 but it doesn't feel quite as epic. You don't get a sense of your character's overarching story in the same way as in Fallout 3. I still love going exploring though!

I'm assuming that because it's on xbox, I won't be able to fix the bugs?
Old 5th November 2010, 21:40
Banned

I'm gonna give Black Ops a miss as from the same people that made COD World at War. Fallout 3 is the game im gonna buy next but not yet as i have assignments due and the game will consume my life. And also gonna install PES 2009 and patch it up to it's tits as the latest installment seems to be pants.

I got the money now to buy a console Xbox 360/PS3 but not sure which. Reason why i held off so long is that being a PC gamer im used to the keyboard/mouse setup. I tried playing first person shooter on the joypad but i'm not having it. Can my brain be reconfigured to be able to play with a joypad? PC gamers have been dealing with this 'condition' for years yet no cure.
Old 6th November 2010, 03:34

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuffie
Fallout New Vegas!!!!! Fable 3!!!!!!! Want them both.
fable 3 was a let down for me. way too easy. fable 2 was way better IMO. I've heard that fallout NV is buggy as hell.
Old 6th November 2010, 03:54

I'm playing fable 3 at the moment its not to bad but not exactly what I was expecting the gold trail seems to vanish at random occasions which drives me crazy because I have to travel back to where the quest started and cant use the map to get around half the time...

Looking forward to when I'm king hopefully that's not a big disappointment!

I have Fallout New Vegas on the sideline waiting patiently for me to finish Fable 3 lol I'm looking forward to it.

Is it worth playing the fallout expansions before I start New Vegas? They any good?

Sparks.
Old 6th November 2010, 05:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie
I have Fallout New Vegas on the sideline waiting patiently for me to finish Fable 3 lol I'm looking forward to it.

Is it worth playing the fallout expansions before I start New Vegas? They any good?
I'm not sure what you mean by expansions but I guess you mean Fallout 3 and all the DLC's? If so then my opinion is definately.
The major differences between FO:NV and FO:3 is that in New Vegas you have Hardcore mode (drink, eat, sleep) but there are many mods that simulate this in FO:3, there is also the gambling and weapon mods. Plus the whole new area, enemies, guns, characters and so on.
Mods alone make the games double the fun (which is why I pity console users because they don't have access to these great things).

As for the games before FO:3, I have Fallout 2 which is different because it isn't an FPS game. But its amazing if you like RPG games.

Fallout 3 is one of the best games I've played. And I've played many... too many maybe.
It is definately worth it.

I've been playing a lot of Sins of a Solar Empire, FO:NV, Dragon Age, Civ 5 and Majesty 2 recently myself.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:02

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
fable 3 was a let down for me. way too easy. fable 2 was way better IMO. I've heard that fallout NV is buggy as hell.
I looooove Fable 2, when my dog got shot I was crying. I've hear that about Fallout NV, gonna look into it some more.
Old 6th November 2010, 13:08

Thumbs up Re: Gaming talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox
I'm not sure what you mean by expansions but I guess you mean Fallout 3 and all the DLC's? If so then my opinion is definately.
The major differences between FO:NV and FO:3 is that in New Vegas you have Hardcore mode (drink, eat, sleep) but there are many mods that simulate this in FO:3, there is also the gambling and weapon mods. Plus the whole new area, enemies, guns, characters and so on.
Mods alone make the games double the fun (which is why I pity console users because they don't have access to these great things).

As for the games before FO:3, I have Fallout 2 which is different because it isn't an FPS game. But its amazing if you like RPG games.

Fallout 3 is one of the best games I've played. And I've played many... too many maybe.
It is definately worth it.

I've been playing a lot of Sins of a Solar Empire, FO:NV, Dragon Age, Civ 5 and Majesty 2 recently myself.
Sadly I am one of those console users that you pity (you pity the fool) lol the only game I play on the PC from time to time is counterstrike source and ocassionally the odd RTS I really miss age of mythology.

Aaaanyway I have fallout 3 which I completed but I recently brought the GOTY edition which came with a crap load of DLC that I am yet to play so I was wondering if its worth playing them and judging by your response IT IS! Lol I guess New Vegas will be waiting a lot longer.

Also in New Vegas do you carry on with the same character you had in Fallout 3?

I really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins, looking forward to no2 the trailers look good.

Sparks.
Closed Thread