SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 11th October 2007, 18:05

Mood
Robotic

Default Downloaded the new Radiohead album yet?

I was reminded that In Rainbows is available. For those who haven't heard, you go to their site and choose how much you would like to pay. Great idea I think. Problem is, the site's taking forever to access... probably because everyone else was just reminded at the same time...
Old 11th October 2007, 18:15

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Downloaded the new Radiohead album yet?

Wow that's an awesome idea, sounds like cyber-busking. I think I'll have a download and then walk away quietly..
Old 11th October 2007, 20:41

^ No Radiohead aren't like that.

When one of their albums was released they wouldn't let their record company use the music from the album on the adverts on telly because they don't believe in marketing.

I think they are just doing it as an experiment just to see what happens. It could be an answer to ailing music sales.

I think the box set is for the diehard fans who want a physical CD along with the artwork, album sleeve etc.

Radiohead are the good guys
Old 11th October 2007, 20:50

Mood
Innocent

the box set has the cd's and Vinyl (!!) records as well as other bumpf.
I'll probably download it. Anyone listened yet?
Is it as good as Ok Computer or Just?
Old 11th October 2007, 20:52

It willnae be like the good ol days I dont think

Probably more like Kid A and Hail to the Thief (which I have never even listened to)
Old 11th October 2007, 22:27

Westlife did that once where their fans pay what they think their album was worth and they ended up having to pay the fans a million pounds in total.
Old 11th October 2007, 22:36

I've just downloaded it and the first song is quite good. At first i thought the song was skipping. But its quite catchy and it has guitars (!) in it and even a tune!

Wooooooo!
Old 11th October 2007, 22:53

Ok I'm posting too much on this thread, can someone else post their thoughts on it if they have downloaded it? I really like it.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:17

Mood
Spaced

Their website was so slow yesterday that I ended up just downloading it from Limewire. I shall probably do them the honour of downloading it free from their website later on.

Come on then, people, what do you think of the new songs? I think Reckoner is absolutely fantastic. It's a completely different song to the Reckoner song they were playing live a few years ago, which was absolute shite. When I first saw it on the track listing I was horrified. All I Need is superb, as is 15 Step. I think they may have dicked around with Arpeggi a little too much, though. I've heard much better versions than this.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:24

I like Bodysnatchers, it makes me want to jump around or at least play it really really loud.

Nudes good too, very melodic. I like Videotape, its a proper song! With just singing, pianos and drums and not much messing about.

Idioteque just came on after it on my WMP, which I think is possibly ma fav radiohead song. It sounds really amazing tonight.

I just love Thom's voice. On videotape, it sound pure and natural. Not forced, like a work of art on it's own. It feels like a warm blanket is being wrapped round you.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:28

Mood
Robotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Starla*
It willnae be like the good ol days I dont think

Probably more like Kid A and Hail to the Thief (which I have never even listened to)
Kid A days were good old days
Hail to the thief had some amazing moments and it wasn't like kid a. It was more like the new one (Or at leas the impression I get of the new one while I am only on the second track)

My download didn't happen. So I got it for free instead.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:31

Yeah, I do like some songs on Kid A. I think it was Amnesiac I couldn't get into.

My friend said to me tonight that Hail To The Thief is really good and that I'd like it. I just assumed it would sound like factory noises, a bit like what Amnesiac did.

I'll need to get it.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:56

Hi me again. Yes posting on this same thread. I feel like I'm exploiting the poor thing.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else noticed that the first couple of seconds of Faust Arp sounds like No Doubts Don't Speak? Great song though. It sounds almost, mainstream. I think if they had a record company they'd be releasing this as a single.

EDIT: Oh and Reckner hurts my ears after the nice calmness that is Faust Arp, I get a fright and it hurts. What is that noise?
Old 12th October 2007, 00:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwood
I've decided to give them nothing and as an added bonus I won't be downloading the album either.

Am I the only one who thinks this is just a publicity stunt? - One that has clearly worked given how much media coverage they've enjoyed.

Apparently they will be releasing the same album as a deluxe boxset conveniently out in time for Christmas. And I expect that will probably come with an old fashioned non negotiable price tag.
You obviously don't know them that well if that's your opinion. They're about the last band out there that would pull a publicity stunt. When Thom released his solo album the only promotion he did for it was to send a few emails to some Radiohead fansites about it a few days before it came out.

I LOVE the new album btw ( - : I love everything they've ever done, OK Computer is my favorite album ever. Favorite songs at the moment would have to be Jigsaw Falling Into Place, Arpeggi and Nude. i was a little disappointed with Videotape to be honest, not as good as the version they played live before the albums release, but it might grow on me.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:50

Mood
Spaced

Quote:

EDIT: Oh and Reckner hurts my ears after the nice calmness that is Faust Arp, I get a fright and it hurts. What is that noise?
Reckoner is the calmest, most beautiful song on the album (in my humble opinion, of course)! Faust Arp is yet to really grow on me, but it probably will eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsinal
i was a little disappointed with Videotape to be honest, not as good as the version they played live before the albums release, but it might grow on me.
Me too. It's not as climactic or intense as the earlier versions.

It's a shame Down Is the New Up didn't make it on the album because that was the song I was most looking forward to hearing. I'll have to wait for the discbox in December.
Old 12th October 2007, 11:23

Mood
Sneaky

so what yous been paying for yr radiohead download? i'm off to give em a fiver
Old 12th October 2007, 20:31

I paid em a fiver

My favourite song now is Faust Arp. His voice in the chorus makes me go all weepy or something. Has a weird effect.

Can I just say that Nude reminds me a bit of that song off Kid A that goes "I'm not here, this isn't happening", not sure what its called.
Old 13th October 2007, 12:19

Mood
Spaced

Old 13th October 2007, 12:24

Can you get it for free? I wouldn't mind getting it for free (legally).
Old 19th October 2007, 23:18

I might as well post this here. I have never listened to any of their stuff, where should I start? The beginning perhaps?
Old 19th October 2007, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytpype
I might as well post this here. I have never listened to any of their stuff, where should I start? The beginning perhaps?
Start at the Bends or OK Computer.

Or just start with paranoid android or Karma Police off Ok Computer, 2 of their best songs.

On the new album my favourites are (in order) Faust Arp, Bodysnatchers, Jigsaws, (one with a catchy riff all the way through who's name I can't remember), 15 Steps and I can't member the rest.
Old 20th October 2007, 00:18

Quote:
Start at the Bends or OK Computer.

Or just start with paranoid android or Karma Police off Ok Computer, 2 of their best songs.

On the new album my favourites are (in order) Faust Arp, Bodysnatchers, Jigsaws, (one with a catchy riff all the way through who's name I can't remember), 15 Steps and I can't member the rest.
Righto, I'll do that then.
Closed Thread