Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd July 2012, 08:58

Mood
Torn

Default Yet another morning...

Good morning everyone. Sun is shining. Is that to everyone's taste?

Well, here we go another day demanding that I do something constructive. My days blur one into another and life is passing me - nay has passed me by!

On that cheerful note... What are you doing today?

Cleo
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:36

Default Re: Yet another morning...

Today I am picking up my mother-in-law from work in about an hour then coming home to be alone for the rest of the day with the possibility of going to see the doctor. What an exciting life I have!

I do love the sunshine, but it does make me feel depressed, as does snow.
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:52

Mood
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo
Good morning everyone. Sun is shining. Is that to everyone's taste?
Mornin Cleo

Not shining here outside but my little boy is singing about sunshine inside so that'll do me.

Quote:
My days blur one into another and life is passing me - nay has passed me by!
You are still alive Cleo, so life can't have passed you by completely. Today is another chance to make it count.

Quote:
On that cheerful note... What are you doing today?
Just having a coffee while tyke watches Spongebob Thingypants, then we're off to feed the ducks, maybe visit the playground in the local park and call in at Aldi for tonights tea...t'other half likes his sausage from there.
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:51

It was very bright here today (still is), I did some gardening, cut half a tree away which was shading the garden too much.

I too took mini Sid to the park, it has a paddling pool and was sooooo busy today!! Was nice not to be able to worry that I should be doing something though. I have caught the sun though despite my factor 50.

Unplugged the phone and avoided it today but got a voicemail on my mobile Didn't get the job I interviewed for on Friday. It actually was no supprise hence my phone avoidance today cos Friday in general was a hatefull day, and it wasn't that I really wanted the job .... I just didn't want to be staying in the one I have too much longer.

So now feel stressed and bummed out. Got a night shift tonight, 1st one in 2 months since I left my permanent night job. Bit nervous but am sure will survive.

Trouble is, I don't want to survive any more ...... I want to live!

NVM.... tomorrow is a new morning, and Sid will be able to go to bed Good luck for a sunny Tuesday folks
Old 23rd July 2012, 21:13

Mood
Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Chance Undies
Mornin Cleo

Not shining here outside but my little boy is singing about sunshine inside so that'll do me.

You are still alive Cleo, so life can't have passed you by completely. Today is another chance to make it count.

Just having a coffee while tyke watches Spongebob Thingypants, then we're off to feed the ducks, maybe visit the playground in the local park and call in at Aldi for tonights tea...t'other half likes his sausage from there.
That sounds great. How old are your children. I know they have their moments from babysitting, but I do think they are joy in their innocence. My mother used to say their lost their 'pretty little ways' when they went to school, which to a certain extent is true. Even so feeding the ducks, we have a river through my nearest town, is lovely for them. Mind you, I was held hostage by a gang of them - ducks, that is - when I failed to produce any bread. The swans were tempted to join in, but decided it was beneath them. I lay on a bench with legs flailing. It was a sight to behold. Terry Wogan found it so hilarious, he read it out on the air!! In fact, he read one or two of my emails out. My claim to fame.

Hope it was a good day.

Mine? Bought two things in Monsoon sale. In one I looked like a very daring 'Emma', totally see through, and in the other, a dowdy school teacher. Have to go back. It was like a jumble sale in there, and such a hot day.

All the best

Cleo
Old 23rd July 2012, 21:19

Mood
Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid
It was very bright here today (still is), I did some gardening, cut half a tree away which was shading the garden too much.

I too took mini Sid to the park, it has a paddling pool and was sooooo busy today!! Was nice not to be able to worry that I should be doing something though. I have caught the sun though despite my factor 50.

Unplugged the phone and avoided it today but got a voicemail on my mobile Didn't get the job I interviewed for on Friday. It actually was no supprise hence my phone avoidance today cos Friday in general was a hatefull day, and it wasn't that I really wanted the job .... I just didn't want to be staying in the one I have too much longer.

So now feel stressed and bummed out. Got a night shift tonight, 1st one in 2 months since I left my permanent night job. Bit nervous but am sure will survive.

Trouble is, I don't want to survive any more ...... I want to live!

NVM.... tomorrow is a new morning, and Sid will be able to go to bed Good luck for a sunny Tuesday folks
Oh you too have a little one. That must have distracted you from your disappointment on not being offered the job. Look at it this way, as much as you hate this job, you really didn't particularly like the one you were interviewed for and, doubtless, would have wanted to have left that pretty quick, and it wouldn't look too good on your CV.

Enjoy the sunshine and little Sid. The older I get, the more I am fascinated by toddlers in particular, when they are so full of energy and enthusiasm. Long may it last.

Cleo
Old 24th July 2012, 07:57

Mood
Asleep

Quote:
That sounds great. How old are your children.
I have three children Cleo. Two lads from my marriage (24 and 20) and my little tyke. He was a last minute gift. Me ovaries packed in after having him...

Quote:
I know they have their moments from babysitting, but I do think they are joy in their innocence. My mother used to say their lost their 'pretty little ways' when they went to school, which to a certain extent is true.
This is so true Cleo and that is one reason why I want to keep him with me like this but I can't. Children grow up too fast. Some parents actually encourage this and it's sad because childhood is all too brief as it is. I will probably be a mess on his first morning without me.

Quote:
so feeding the ducks, we have a river through my nearest town, is lovely for them. Mind you, I was held hostage by a gang of them - ducks, that is - when I failed to produce any bread. The swans were tempted to join in, but decided it was beneath them. I lay on a bench with legs flailing. It was a sight to behold. Terry Wogan found it so hilarious, he read it out on the air!! In fact, he read one or two of my emails out. My claim to fame.

Cleo, that's made my morning love!! I had fun imagining that.

I love Tezza, he's a legend!

Quote:
Hope it was a good day.
Apart from an encounter with a knobhead in a van on the way home, it was Cleo, yes.

Quote:
Mine? Bought two things in Monsoon sale. In one I looked like a very daring 'Emma', totally see through, and in the other, a dowdy school teacher. Have to go back. It was like a jumble sale in there, and such a hot day.
See through?

Cleo!! You saucy mare!

My 'see through' days are over on account of my magic undies being on show. I've turned Dynamo in me old age...it's all about the illusion! I just hope I never get knocked down by a bus, If they need to start cutting clothing, I've had it.

Well today is sunny day ( I sound like the Scottish teacher bird off Balamory) I think we will have a steady day in the garden, paddling pool out as well as sand pit. Sod the housework, it'll keep.
Old 24th July 2012, 10:34

Mood
Thinking

Lately I've been creating a new custom world for The Sims 3 PC game. I finally finished it last night, so today is Testing day. It's a good way to keep myself busy and it's creative so it's something I enjoy doing. Anyway, that's my task for today
Old 24th July 2012, 11:13

I used to sit for hours and hours and hours a day on The Sims, its great at killing time!
Old 24th July 2012, 13:03

Mood
Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Chance Undies
I have three children Cleo. Two lads from my marriage (24 and 20) and my little tyke. He was a last minute gift. Me ovaries packed in after having him...

This is so true Cleo and that is one reason why I want to keep him with me like this but I can't. Children grow up too fast. Some parents actually encourage this and it's sad because childhood is all too brief as it is. I will probably be a mess on his first morning without me.

Cleo, that's made my morning love!! I had fun imagining that.

I love Tezza, he's a legend!

Apart from an encounter with a knobhead in a van on the way home, it was Cleo, yes.

See through?

Cleo!! You saucy mare!

My 'see through' days are over on account of my magic undies being on show. I've turned Dynamo in me old age...it's all about the illusion! I just hope I never get knocked down by a bus, If they need to start cutting clothing, I've had it.

Well today is sunny day ( I sound like the Scottish teacher bird off Balamory) I think we will have a steady day in the garden, paddling pool out as well as sand pit. Sod the housework, it'll keep.
I take it the 20 and 24 weren't feeding the ducks. How lucky you are to have a little one. I find myself listening to Chris Evans to hear how Noah and Eli are getting on. (His three and 8 week old children.) The oldest one, has for sometime now, recorded bits and pieces for the radio and, I think, he's more popular then his father!!

Anyway, another blistering hot day here. Been to Aylesbury, now taking refuge in my cool house!! Even so, to do housework on a day like yesterday would have been a waste. Wait until Friday: apparently, it's going to rain.

Manage to lose a bag containing £6.00 worth of toiletries yesterday. Do other people do stupid things or is it just me?

One of my neighbours and I - the one that used foul language then tried to knock me over - have just exchanged pleasantries!! He said, 'Warm day isn't it?' Instead of festering on his past unpleasantness, I replied and then asked how he was. He has been walking for a stick for sometime. Apparently, he has had to have treatment on his knees and neck. ( I didn't kick his knees, honest.) Not someone to kick anyone when they are down, so feeling good with myself as he seemed genuinely grateful and thanked me for asking!! Sainthood coming up.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:09

Mood
Asleep

Quote:
Manage to lose a bag containing £6.00 worth of toiletries yesterday. Do other people do stupid things or is it just me?
I do that a lot lol

Quote:
One of my neighbours and I - the one that used foul language then tried to knock me over - have just exchanged pleasantries!! He said, 'Warm day isn't it?' Instead of festering on his past unpleasantness, I replied and then asked how he was. He has been walking for a stick for sometime. Apparently, he has had to have treatment on his knees and neck. ( I didn't kick his knees, honest.) Not someone to kick anyone when they are down, so feeling good with myself as he seemed genuinely grateful and thanked me for asking!! Sainthood coming up.
Great stuff Cleo, you did the right thing in holding onto what is possibly an olive branch? Instead of beating him to death with it lol. Good for you.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:43

Quote:
The older I get, the more I am fascinated by toddlers in particular, when they are so full of energy and enthusiasm.

Cleo
This is so true, I often watch them play and think how do they do it? At her age they are so amazing.... non stop energy, resiliance to life, simplistic knowledge and attitude to life. I think on a regular basis how would love to be like her ... and wander at what point/age we start to lose all there abilities!! (The energy, the way they just say what they say or feel no matter who is listening, the posture... she sits so straight and lovely, the excitement of simple daily things)

oh and you were right about the job, before I heard I actually saw a dream job advertised on the web and thought, oh god if I get that job and accept it I couldn't even apply for this one! I think it was more because I knew how bad I had done at the interview and was miffed at myself for some of the things I said....it hit a nerve and just reinforced how terribly crap I am at times

Wise Cleo
Old 24th July 2012, 20:39

Mood
Torn

Last Chance Undies

Many thanks for your positive comments - I am pleased with myself. Now thinking about all the other right moves I COULD HAVE MADE.

Love your picture of Kathy Burke. No one could be more un-nun like, but she does make me laugh.

Sid

I know what you mean. Their pleasure in the newness of life makes me turn to mush.

If this will make you feel better, I will tell you a very embarrassing anecdote that happened to me on an interview in the eighties.

I instantly knew the gentleman interviewing me was quite impressed. Then I took my coat off. I was wearing a midi-length straight skirt in burgundy and a mohair jumper that matched. I am still mortified as I recall this scene. A coat hanger had managed, or the gremlins I still believe to this day, had attached itself to the mohair!!

The interview didn't last long. I said he could keep the hanger. It was an expensive, padded, green one, I remember. None of your cheap, wire rubbish. The staff must still be laughing over it in their individual lives. Something you could dine out on for years.

I didn't particularly want that job either but still... That must make you feel better. Nothing as crass as that could have happened to you.

Cheers

Cleo
Old 25th July 2012, 12:11

^ read that last night Cleo, I was actually crying I found it that funny. Fair play to you for surviving it though .... if I was the interviewer I would deffo have had to give you the job
Old 25th July 2012, 12:35

Mood
Asleep

Quote:

If this will make you feel better, I will tell you a very embarrassing anecdote that happened to me on an interview in the eighties.

I instantly knew the gentleman interviewing me was quite impressed. Then I took my coat off. I was wearing a midi-length straight skirt in burgundy and a mohair jumper that matched. I am still mortified as I recall this scene. A coat hanger had managed, or the gremlins I still believe to this day, had attached itself to the mohair!!

The interview didn't last long. I said he could keep the hanger. It was an expensive, padded, green one, I remember. None of your cheap, wire rubbish. The staff must still be laughing over it in their individual lives. Something you could dine out on for years.

Nice one Cleo, very funny. I'm loving this side to you.
Old 25th July 2012, 14:20

This morning I have been painting with mini Sid. She was very ipressed and called me an artist
She was particularily impressed when I gave up trying to paint anything that resembled anything in this world and created the "splodge picture" she begged me to do her one ..... oh the innocence of youth!!

I have also booked to go to the Gp

And looked at the prices of 2 bedroomed gaffs to rent in my part of the Island shocking!!

But the sun has just come out so all is good in the world!!
Old 25th July 2012, 14:28

Mood
Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNotAPorkChop
I used to sit for hours and hours and hours a day on The Sims, its great at killing time!
yes, I love the sims, I lose track of time playing it. Waiting for the next new expansion pack in Sept now Thankfully the finished world worked properly and is now in play, so that is what I will be doing today
Old 25th July 2012, 16:15

Mood
Torn

Glad I made someone laugh. It was worth any potential humiliation for that alone.

Loved the pictures, Sid. I liked the 'splodgy one' too.

Ashamed to say I have never heard of The Sims, Muse.
Old 31st July 2012, 13:43

^
should change my name to Sarah van Sid! Could never understand how I managed to fail art gcse at school

Today we are on day 2 of the rain again, and I have just seen an billboard warning of floods.

I am feeling totally overwhelmed at how much work I have to do at the moment, I need to write a list of which study to do first because I have about 6 workbooks all with bits filled in ..... not good!! I am one of life's 'flitters' oh well, am learning lots, don't think I have even jumped on that scarily big learning curve yet!!

BUT this afternoon I am going to watch the long awaited Lorax
*Is excited*

Goodbye morning .....well heyllo afternoon!
Old 31st July 2012, 18:10

Mood
Torn

Apologies if I've asked or you have said in one of your posts, but may I ask what you are studying? By the way, I didn't realize until recently you are female. Not that it matters. Everyone thought I was male, too. It must have seemed odd though when we had a thread on what you liked most about yourself and I said my petite figure and tiny waist!

All the best with your prioritizing!
Old 31st July 2012, 20:41

Is ok Don't think I said anyway Cleo.

Is nothing specific is just lots of work for my job I started few weeks ago, competency workbooks. Just lot's of them!!

I don't mind what sex people think I am so no worries. Life wise i've always been pretty much unisex anyways. Did one of those trait things once and came out with more male traits than female.
(I kinda like the idea of people not knowing my sex )

Hmmm prioritising
Old 5th August 2012, 13:27

Mood
Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid
Is ok Don't think I said anyway Cleo.

Is nothing specific is just lots of work for my job I started few weeks ago, competency workbooks. Just lot's of them!!

I don't mind what sex people think I am so no worries. Life wise i've always been pretty much unisex anyways. Did one of those trait things once and came out with more male traits than female.
(I kinda like the idea of people not knowing my sex )

Hmmm prioritising
Quite!!

On here. Should be doing housework. I think I may have been economical with the truth when asked how long I spent on the forum.