SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th April 2024, 08:07

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

^^I never knew who he is before my post about him. my intuitions telling me he is a genuine wonderful person, plus he's so cute.
Old 26th April 2024, 09:16

i first came across the "dying with memories, not dreams" quote, then for some spiritual reason i was curious about life expectancy throughout history/eras and found this:

Quote:
Life expectancy at birth was a brief 25 years during the Roman Empire, it reached 33 years by the Middle Ages and raised up to 55 years in the early 1900s.
Old 26th April 2024, 09:21

^ life expectancy at birth is distorted by lots of deaths in early childhood. If you survive that, you are probably going to live longer than it predicts.
Old 26th April 2024, 10:00

^yep, pretty much that, but still.. those numbers makes one once again and from a different perspective contemplate our mankind's forevermysterious story.

i don't know how i ended up being part of all that madness tbh
i mean as a human being.

i don't know if this even makes sense.
i mean it's fun to observe things from a distance as if you don't belong, but once i realize i'm part of it, it's what's driving me crazy
Old 26th April 2024, 11:56

I wonder how Nano plastics, obesity, early onset puberty and the increase in young people getting cancer would affect our life expectancy.

Tbh though idk how much of a big deal it really is. Our society at the moment seem to be warning about population decline due to low birth rates but I think ultimately mother nature is sorting out everything and doing it's job. Even if it is the first time with have seen a birth decline on the scale it is, it's also the first time we have 9 billion+ people, life expectancy probably reached its peaks around the 10's and there have been population declines due to pandemics such as the Black plague which we recovered from. I think it's hard to measure or predict certain statistics accurately when it comes to humans. In fact I think this is where soft sciences may be of help to hard sciences regarding statistics since low birth rate is largely a social issue but social issues can be influenced by the economy.

Maybe all this worry also stems from us humans thinking that we know more than we do at this point. Maybe we figure out more just to be reminded of more issues that provide us an opportunity to learn more about stuff wee didn't consider.
Old 27th April 2024, 09:36

i'm addicted to certain sugar-free gum, but only at home, never put anything in my mouth outside, maybe it's for anxiety reason.
Old 27th April 2024, 09:37

i'm thinking of deleting like 600 posts and keep 300 xD
Old 27th April 2024, 09:48

wut?

Quote:
Topsy the elephant was electrocuted at Luna Park Zoo on Coney Island in 1903. Captured on film by Thomas Edison, the event was one of a string of animal electrocutions Edison staged to discredit a new form of electricity: alternating current.
Quote:
Edison's aggressive campaign to discredit the new current took the macabre form of a series of animal electrocutions using AC (a killing process he referred to snidely as getting "Westinghoused"). Stray dogs and cats were the most easily obtained, but he also zapped a few cattle and horses.
Quote:
Eventually, Edison’s team would kill 44 dogs, six calves, and two horses in their quest to discredit alternating current. But none of these deaths did any good — Westinghouse continued to crush Edison in the marketplace.

https://www.wired.com/2008/01/dayintech-0104/

https://www.discovermagazine.com/tec...-dangers-of-ac
Old 27th April 2024, 11:44

Mood
Tired

I'm just amazed at my continued laziness,

My problem is that I give so much energy to my weekly 9 to 5 job, that I never seem to have any energy or enthusiasm left for my own stuff that needs done.
Old 29th April 2024, 00:55

Annoying myself with my deletions. Why can't I just accept myself.
Old 29th April 2024, 07:39

^every time i browse my post history i cringe and delete a lot of post. i don't know what your reasons are, but you probably overthink it more than i do. like sometimes i click on a thread because your screen name is last reply and i find nothing.
Old 29th April 2024, 07:40

even though i love when the world is night than when it's morning, sunsets always gives me unknown gloomy vibes.
Old 29th April 2024, 09:13

Whoever allowed Thames water to get in such a huge debt should be facing same sentence as Truong My Lan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68778636
Old 29th April 2024, 10:10

I'm waitimg for the headline " Tory politician says new rehabilitation Rwanda camps for UK disabled to be introduced as current benefits are unsustainable."
Old 30th April 2024, 11:25

r/antiwork

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/co...o_showered_at/

I don't think work is about working harder or your best nowadays. It's more about fitting in and making co-workers feel good.
Old 30th April 2024, 17:51

^^^yep, that too.
the thought provoking thing is pretty much copy/paste from google. like whenever i come a cross a fun fact or something interesting i put it here in quotes. it kind of gives a false feeling of interacting/socializing, which sometimes is better than nothing since supposedly we are social beings who crave that kind of thing.
Old 1st May 2024, 08:31

I am wondering if there is a hidden message in the allocation of my accommodation (which, for once, I didn't organise myself, it's all done by those promoting the rock festival I'm attending): I've been sent to Room 101 (of the Hotel Tropical in Sant Antoni de Portmany)!

Sent from my 23021RAA2Y using Tapatalk
Old 1st May 2024, 13:46

Do not refresh the story of nothingness.
Old 2nd May 2024, 20:16

^ my calendar?
Old 2nd May 2024, 20:17

I bought some night time sanitary towels and they are a game changer, but they're also the length of my pillow!
Old 2nd May 2024, 20:33

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious_introvert
I am wondering if there is a hidden message in the allocation of my accommodation (which, for once, I didn't organise myself, it's all done by those promoting the rock festival I'm attending): I've been sent to Room 101 (of the Hotel Tropical in Sant Antoni de Portmany)!

I don’t know why anyone would want to sent GI to room 101!
I hope you are returned to us soon! In the meantime, say hello to Barney the Dinosaur (he was sent there by Harry Hill). I believe Anne Robinson is in there somewhere too.
Old 3rd May 2024, 22:42

there was a line in the (the alchemist by paulo coelho) that has this meaning:

( i fear that if i achieve my dream, i will no longer have a reason to live. )

Old 3rd May 2024, 23:29

How I wish that I didn't feel this way, turning down yet another social engagement yesterday sucks big time. I hate my life right now. This feeling will pass though, I have to remind myself of that and I do have something to look forward to tomorrow, I count my blessings.
Old 3rd May 2024, 23:48

i'm not sure like if you live in the same place your grandparents/ancestors lived in, then you probably are not as happy/mentally strong compared to the ones whose ancestors migrated?

even if researchers found that the genes responsible for secretion/reception of dopamine hormone is 69% higher in people whose ancestors migrated than the ones whose ancestors didn't migrate?

i don't know, but general speaking, people who have tendencies to migrate are usually stronger since they are ready to live through hard circumstances/ready to adapt to change, etc
if your ancestors were like that, then no wonder you're strong too.. perhaps this explains why america is what it is today.

personally, i don't understand the concept of human migration.
i've read/heard before that even food/plant that grow where you're originally from is actually compatible with your body/genes, and how, for example, they found that the american food negatively affected the japanese americans who live in america more than the average american whose parents/grandparents were americans too or something like that. no link/source, i've heard this part a long time ago.
Old 4th May 2024, 00:32

under the image it says: Italy, 1961

Old 4th May 2024, 00:33

if i were to pick one beautiful thing from europe as a continent, i'd probably go back in time 3/4/5 decades and pick italian south and greece.
Old 4th May 2024, 09:22

Shame the spam's gone. I was interested to find out what "I'm negotiating to BE a rhinoplasty" means. Do they stick you onto someone else's face?
Old 4th May 2024, 09:32

^

I'd quite like to be a spambot.
Old 4th May 2024, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhaps
i'm not sure like if you live in the same place your grandparents/ancestors lived in, then you probably are not as happy/mentally strong compared to the ones whose ancestors migrated?

even if researchers found that the genes responsible for secretion/reception of dopamine hormone is 69% higher in people whose ancestors migrated than the ones whose ancestors didn't migrate?

i don't know, but general speaking, people who have tendencies to migrate are usually stronger since they are ready to live through hard circumstances/ready to adapt to change, etc
if your ancestors were like that, then no wonder you're strong too.. perhaps this explains why america is what it is today.

personally, i don't understand the concept of human migration.
i've read/heard before that even food/plant that grow where you're originally from is actually compatible with your body/genes, and how, for example, they found that the american food negatively affected the japanese americans who live in america more than the average american whose parents/grandparents were americans too or something like that. no link/source, i've heard this part a long time ago.

I disagree that migration makes someone stronger as I feel it has fractured my family but maybe my family has always been dysfunctional as I’m not close to any extended family really. Some act like we are closer than we are but when it actually comes to show they are close they never prove it.

America’s social issues probably partly stem from the fragmentation of connections migration possibly caused.
Old 4th May 2024, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembo
I don’t know why anyone would want to sent GI to room 101!
I hope you are returned to us soon! In the meantime, say hello to Barney the Dinosaur (he was sent there by Harry Hill). I believe Anne Robinson is in there somewhere too.
They must all be in a different Room 101. I can confirm that GI (girlinterrupted) is not here either. I have an escape plan involving Alsa, Vueling and an apartment in Barcelona which will be put into action on Tuesday