SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th July 2023, 22:40

Talking Whats your favourite shower gel?

Ive realised that Ive developed an obsession with finding the perfect shower gel!
Just finished Dr Organic hemp oil one and now using my Dove body wash that my mum bought me.
What about soap? Do you prefer that?
Has it got to be frothy? Or you dont care? Why am I so obsessed? Do I need to be carted off to the shower gel funny farm?
Old 9th July 2023, 23:05

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Whats your favourite shower gel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil, Probably.
Soap.
Yep, same here. Basic, unscented soap.
Old 9th July 2023, 23:10

Look young, stay young. That's how i roll.
Old 9th July 2023, 23:14

I always buy the cheapest one ASDA has, though sometimes end up with non-cheap ones from gift sets. There was one of the latter with black pepper in I really liked I had recently. I almost want to buy some but I won't obviously.

Sometimes, if left to his own devices, the partner buys something branded. But he knows by now he'll be met with my disapproval.

I would quite like to get one I actually like, but that want isn't as strong as my penny-pinching is presently.
Old 9th July 2023, 23:39

^ Excellent observation! I see Pears isn't fairing well. Lol, i have no big love for the soap anyway, it was on offer maybe .. ? I shall look elsewhere next time
Old 10th July 2023, 06:44

^^ very true, and the same with shower gels. I buy Original Source for that reason, PETA approved. Their Raspberry and Vanilla shower gel is orgasmic. Faith in Nature is cruelty free too, and also contains no nasty chemicals, but is bloody expensive.
Old 10th July 2023, 06:49

Yeah, some soaps really aren't animal friendly. One particular brand of soap told my dog to get lost the other day. So rude.
Old 10th July 2023, 06:52

I always get whatever shower gel is cheapest which seems to be Original Source or Nivea (for men or not), though that's probably not by size so on reflection not the best / greenest deal. Sometimes I get the raspberry shampoo cos I like having hair that smells of raspberries (not the cockney rhyming type).

As a slight aside it's annoying that the pure metal razor blades to go into a traditional razor are becoming harder to get. Few supermarkets stock them. I guess people think they are dangerous, but I've never had more than a bad shaving nick, and I don't want to waste a load of plastic whenever I shave.
Old 10th July 2023, 06:56

Ask a normal forum and they’ll all be listing shower gels, ask here and we’re all listing soaps.
Old 10th July 2023, 07:44

Seagull please let me know what the faith in nature shower gel is like? Im thinking of getting some!
Old 10th July 2023, 08:27

Simple soap
Old 10th July 2023, 08:41

Usually either Original Source (lime, mango, coconut) or Radox (mandarin, grapefruit, pomegranate) - pretty cheap but do the job and smell nice. I can't stand any of the mint-based or vanilla/honey type ones, or lavendar which is too perfumy and smells like old people.
Old 10th July 2023, 08:53

Usually just whatever comes in the biggest bottle for a quid. I'm not fussy and I've no idea what my ideal body whiff should be. Not sure I even want to noticeably smell of anything, other than the absence of bed farts 'n' old sweat.

Given the choice though, I'd tend to pick whatever claims to be moisturising, because I think, that's got to be good, right? Who doesn't like moisture.
Old 10th July 2023, 09:47

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull
^^ very true, and the same with shower gels. I buy Original Source for that reason, PETA approved. Their Raspberry and Vanilla shower gel is orgasmic. Faith in Nature is cruelty free too, and also contains no nasty chemicals, but is bloody expensive.
I agree on that raspberry and vanilla one, my partner uses it sometimes and it smells so nice!
Old 10th July 2023, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy_pretty_Angela
Seagull please let me know what the faith in nature shower gel is like? Im thinking of getting some!
I love it, Angela, but I got it as a present. I couldn’t justify spending that much on it for myself. The only thing I’d say is that it doesn’t ‘foam’ quite as much as one with less natural ingredients, but it still very much does the job and smells great (seaweed and citrus is the one I’ve used).