SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd September 2015, 13:17

Mood
Dreaming

Default Do you open threads based on the title, or on who posted in it last?

I'm sure there's a much more eloquent way to phrase that question.

Generally speaking, do you consider the 'last post made by...' column or the thread title itself when opening threads, or is it a mixture of both?
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:37
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Do you open threads based on the title, or on who posted in it last?

Thread title/topic.
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:42

Mood
Fine

Default Re: Do you open threads based on the title, or on who posted in it last?

Just the title for me.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:07

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof
Don't understand why someone posting last in one would matter

I'd base it on the thread title ,doesn't everyone ?
Maybe you're especially interested in what someone in particular has to say, for whatever reason. I tend to always read my BFF's posts no matter the thread title. There's a few people on here I pay more attention to than most, simply because I like them and find their posts interesting, so I'm more likely to open a thread if I see they've posted recently.

It seems I'm the only creep so far.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:13

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea
That's what I tend to do as well so you have a fellow creep
Phew.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:30

I use the app, so it's usually in timeline order
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:15

Me too. I mainly go on thread title, but if certain people show as the last poster it might make me open a thread.
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:16

I go on the title and the person who posted the thread, if its someone I don't like I won't go in it, same if it's the last person who posted.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:33

Mood
Shoveit

Always on last poster...like this one lol

Sorry bikkies.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:34

Mood
Dreaming

Yeah, I pretty much never open threads in the games section and I rarely open introduction threads. I've never been big on introductions on forums. I've always just got stuck in and started posting.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:54
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

If the title interests me I'll open the thread.
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:18

A combo of both. Some posters' posts pique me more than others but also if the thread title galvanises me, I'll give it a read. Anything with sport in the title will be ignored.

In this case the subject is interesting and generally, AH, I find your posts refreshingly to the point. Any threat of bad grammar will also give me cause to skip on. Yeah, I'm one of those...
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle*
aw, my posts are poor in this respect, i need a new teacher.
But you have a scintillating avatar. That goes far i.m.b.
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:34

Usually the poster. If it's someone I like and find interesting, then I always click on the thread.
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Hobbs
Maybe you're especially interested in what someone in particular has to say, for whatever reason. I tend to always read my BFF's posts no matter the thread title. There's a few people on here I pay more attention to than most, simply because I like them and find their posts interesting, so I'm more likely to open a thread if I see they've posted recently.

It seems I'm the only creep so far.
Add me to the creep club

It's usually a combination of thread title and last poster. Sometimes I'll just hover my mouse over the thread title and I can see the first bit of the post to see if it interests me.
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:44

^ You're already a member of a group
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:44

Mood
Shoveit

Did it again.
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:46

Mood
Bored

A bit of both.
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:24

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by umm
A combo of both. Some posters' posts pique me more than others but also if the thread title galvanises me, I'll give it a read. Anything with sport in the title will be ignored.

In this case the subject is interesting and generally, AH, I find your posts refreshingly to the point. Any threat of bad grammar will also give me cause to skip on. Yeah, I'm one of those...
Thanks. A lot of people compliment me on my straightforwardness but it's been getting me (and my parents) into trouble since I learned how to talk.
Old 22nd September 2015, 22:04

Mood
Sweettooth

I open the threads based on the title not by who was the last person to write on the thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:24

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra Silvertongue
I need to leave or work in a min, it's 6.30am. PM me. I can get on Sauk at work. I'm a really good worker.
I deleted my post because of the irritating caps filter...
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:27

Mood
Dreaming

Ahhh **** I need to tell you this. DON'T EVER GO TO CHINA AGAIN I SWEAR TO GOD.
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:33

I read through all new posts every day.
Old 24th September 2015, 20:16

Mood
Tired

I quite like reading a good few posters on here, so if they've commented on a thread, I'll usually tend to (creep) pop in and see what's what, - sometimes it's the only thing I'll do, then go and do something else.
I definitely also look into certain threads I feel I can relate to, usually the title will draw me in, usually when I have more spare time on my hands or I'm too tired to do much else.
some threads are good no matter who's posting in them, just the actual subject is one that always has me dipping in.
Old 24th September 2015, 20:28
Banned

I think many people avoid my AMA thread because it's my AMA thread and I'm usually the last person on my AMA thread because many people avoid my AMA thread because I started my AMA thread and so people avoid my AMA thread because I'm the last poster on my AMA thread because many people avoid my AMA thread because--