SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 7th July 2011, 00:02

Mood
Sad

Unhappy I just wanted to say hi.

I don't expect anybody to reply or anything but I just wanted to say hello. I have nobody and I am nobody which is my fault because I don't know how to be around people. I have made the odd friend here and there but they soon tire of me. I never go to parties or BBQs or to weddings, christenings or funerals as I feel so far out of my comfort zone and terrified of getting it all wrong. I know people don't like me and laugh at me behind my back. I'm just not likeable. I get so terrified I find any excuse not to go to gatherings of any kind. I've tried explaining how I feel but only ever get the same response. "But I'll be there, and you know so-and-so..." I once told a friend just how frightened I get and they stood there and laughed at me. Never did that again. So in the end every friendship tails off to nothing. I know it's my fault and I've tried really hard to change but I just can't. That's why I have nobody. That's why I am nobody.
Old 7th July 2011, 00:07

Default Re: I just wanted to say hi.

Welcome to the forum.

Try to be a little kinder to yourself and more proportionate to yourself if you can
Old 7th July 2011, 00:07

Hey.
You're not nobody. I think you'll relate to a lot of people here, most of us have had similar experiences.
But it doesn't make any of us nobodies!

Welcome anyway
Old 7th July 2011, 00:10

Welcome to the site!
Old 7th July 2011, 00:26

I agree with rainbow.one's post, you're not a nobody! I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with the friends you have made, particularly the one that laughed at you! I'm sure you've just been very unfortunate with the friends you've happened to encounter though and that it's not that you are unlikeable. Some people just arn't very empathetic to people and situations they can't understand or haven't experienced. I'm sure you'll soon find friends on here you can talk to (even if they're just online) and who can emphasise with you're feelings.

Anyway welcome to the site and I hope you find it useful x
Old 7th July 2011, 00:30

Mood
Sad

Thanks for all your replies. I don't mean to be so miserable but I'm having a rough time of it all at the moment. But thanks for the kind words.
Old 7th July 2011, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyRose
I don't expect anybody to reply or anything but I just wanted to say hello. I have nobody and I am nobody which is my fault because I don't know how to be around people. I have made the odd friend here and there but they soon tire of me. I never go to parties or BBQs or to weddings, christenings or funerals as I feel so far out of my comfort zone and terrified of getting it all wrong. I know people don't like me and laugh at me behind my back. I'm just not likeable. I get so terrified I find any excuse not to go to gatherings of any kind. I've tried explaining how I feel but only ever get the same response. "But I'll be there, and you know so-and-so..." I once told a friend just how frightened I get and they stood there and laughed at me. Never did that again. So in the end every friendship tails off to nothing. I know it's my fault and I've tried really hard to change but I just can't. That's why I have nobody. That's why I am nobody.

I can relate to alot of what you said there I'm very similar and struggle being around alot of people also so have often shyed away from things and made excuses.
Ive also discovered like you did that not everyone is understanding of it

You're not a nobody atall so dont think like that!
Welcome to the site anyway and i hope you find it supportive and helpful being here
Old 7th July 2011, 14:09

Mood
Question

Welcome to SAUK and as others have said, you are not a nobody.
Old 7th July 2011, 20:01

Hi DizzyRose
Old 7th July 2011, 20:02
Banned at own request

Hello and welcome
Old 7th July 2011, 20:17

Mood
Tired

Hi