Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th April 2020, 12:12

Mood
Musical

Default Re: Requests for moderators' attention

Sorry to hear about this biscuits

I don't use the forum as much as in the past but it does help abit with my MH at times... best thing i did was to have a break from here and when your comfortable start posting again... plus who i'm i gonna talk for my love of the Tallest Man of Earth anyway take care if you do leave!
Old 28th April 2020, 17:30

That is sad news.

Take care, Biscuits.
Old 28th April 2020, 18:20

What?

SAUK without biscuits would be like... well, tea without biscuits - it's unthinkable!

If you're still logging on, biscuits, then you will see by now that you have a fan club here and I hope you'll reconsider; whatever has made you feel this way, there is a lot of love for you here and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want to support you through whatever is troubling you.

If you do take a ban, then we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future and hope that you take care of yourself whilst you're away.
Old 29th April 2020, 00:27

This place simply wouldn't/won't be the same without biscuits
And that is to the detriment of the entire forum
So if whatever has happened can be sorted out, then that can only be a good thing
And just as everyone above has said, we'd be very glad if you do reconsider

But you do what's best for you. And take good care.
Old 29th April 2020, 12:01

Yeah, biscuits, whatever it is that made you feel that way, I wouldn't let it influence you in that kind of way because all you have done is show support here, and you are responsible for lightening the mood which is so important with users like me. I feel like there are a few users that are really supportive here, which surprised me as I was going through that depressive mood swing a few days ago, was the problem to do with that? I deleted my posts, I feel the timing is a concern for me because I feel utterly hated in general and I honestly don't know what the cause is but you shouldn't let it influence you. Whatever it is/was about me, I'm honestly sorry, my only intention was to simply help others and myself, and to express my point of view on things.
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:47

Mood
Tired

There's SO much love for you on here Biscuits,.....
If you must leave, please at least take that knowledge with you
Old 6th May 2020, 15:26

I'm actually in shock!
Old 6th May 2020, 15:46

I've only just seen this here

The thought of not seeing any more posts by Biscuits is terrible.
On some of my most miserable days she has made me smile and she's always been so kind and supportive to myself and other members. I shall miss her terribly.

Things like this make me not want to come here
Old 6th May 2020, 20:45

^ Honestly you were doing the right thing offering your time and support to other users on here, don't just copy the behaviour of others whatever you do because negative behaviours can spread - as can positive ones. Next time you see an elderly person behind you, hold open the door for them and others will copy the behaviour and the world becomes a (slightly) better place, one step at a time.
Old 26th May 2020, 13:21

I'm not a mod but, just to quote from the SA and Relationships forum rules:
Quote:
SAUK is a site for support, first and foremost, and that making posts asking for a relationship, or hinting at this can be counter-productive and can make people feel uncomfortable. While the discussion of dating, and the issues around this, is allowed, posts advertising for a romantic relationship or private messaging other members of the forums for this purpose are not allowed.
Old 26th May 2020, 13:38

^ It's not so much about making people feel uncomfortable, but it is, as I understand, similar to the reason that we don't have "likes" on posts here: it's not a popularity contest and if there were threads aimed at people linking up for dates, there would inevitably be some who feel more rejected than they do now and that could be damaging.

If you're looking for dating with others who are disadvantaged, you could try searching for "Outsiders" on Facebook (they used to have a website, but it's no longer available; it was set up for people who are disabled, but the terms of disability which they recognise include anxiety disorders, autism, personality disorders, bipolar, schizophrenia etc. - it isn't all people in wheelchairs).
Old 26th May 2020, 14:17

Mood
Cynical

Hi, you will receive a message from the moderators to explain properly why your post was removed but it is likely to be the rule that anxiouslondoner mentioned above. Don't feel bad, no-one can be expected to know all the rules!
Old 30th May 2020, 13:16

Yo, can a mod please delete all the threads I've created. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th May 2020, 14:19

All done
Old 30th May 2020, 15:59

Thank you!
Old 30th May 2020, 21:09

Mood
Gloomy

why is everybody leaving, banning themselves, having their posts deleted - have I come at a bad time.

Is there something going on - I am feeling a bit PARANOID
Old 30th May 2020, 23:41

Mood
Cynical

No, nothing unusual going on I would say. People do sometimes ask to have their posts deleted or decide to leave and ask to be banned, it can be for all sorts of different reasons. Obviously we all suffer from SA and sometimes people don't want to have anything they've said left here for others to read anymore.
Old 31st May 2020, 11:30

Mood
Gloomy

ok, thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 05:44
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Ok. Will take a little while to do and I suspect we might not be able leave the photo section posts as they are scattered amongst all the rest of your posts in terms of deletion.
Old 3rd July 2020, 05:51

^ Raks, I'm not a mod but I share your issue - and I'm already elderly so I need to do my reminiscing now! My resolution is to copy the older messages onto a WP program (I use OpenOffice because I'm too tight to get Word) and store them on my laptop.
Old 3rd July 2020, 17:41

I don't think this is an option unfortunately. I enjoy deleting mine
Old 3rd July 2020, 18:07

Oi, stop showing off... All this time I have been here I haven't had to clear my inbox at all.

Just in case you don't know, you can export your messages. There is a link on the bottom right of the PM page that lets you export them as XML, CSV, or Text.

Or you can try the links here. I just hope they don't give you my pms

Edit: I removed the links because accidently pressing them may leave your pms on a machine you didn't intend them to go on. It was also a little stange if you weren't logged on.
Old 4th July 2020, 00:45

^ I'm fine with OpenOffice, but that's because it's the only free one I know (I used to use Lotus WordPro, but it literally hasn't been updated this century). LibreOffice may be better but to be honest, I use it so rarely that it probably doesn't matter.

My secret? A lucky angle with the lighting, probably - and a photo that's over a year old! I'm not actually elderly, of course, I haven't quite reached 60 yet and know at least two people who post here who are older than I am!
Old 5th July 2020, 03:44

^ No, I write my blog entries directly onto the blog, I tend to write as things come into my head and then don't edit (although I will be returning to the travel blog to edit that). I am travelling again in a couple of days time (the tickets were bought before the restrictions were imposed and the border controls lifted last week) and I'm trying to plan more trips before the end of the year, but choices are limited because there are whole continents best avoided right now and those places which are safe to visit have closed borders (or at least, closed to the United Kingdom). Some visas are dependent on having a certificate of a negative Covid-19 test (and I would need two tests, one for the visa application and another 48 hours before departure) but I would have difficulty getting tested in the first instance (as I'm not a key worker or in a vulnerable group) so that's problematic too.

I'm not really a silver surfer! I first got the internet in 1997 and in those days, used it mainly for business and reference purposes; this was the first (and only) forum I've ever joined and that wasn't until February 2013, so I'm not one of the over 60s who populated the internet (especially as I'm not over 60 for another 15 months yet!). I don't think I've ever been called a "dude" before though!
Old 8th July 2020, 01:24

Can I have a lifetime ban and all my posts deleted please?

Sent from my SM-A105F using Tapatalk
Old 8th July 2020, 08:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarious_introvert
Can I have a lifetime ban and all my posts deleted please?

Can you ignore this request for now, please? I don't feel that I can offer advice here any longer (I'll explain why later, right now I have a walking tour for which I don't want to be late and I'm hoping to grab some breakfast en route) but I still would like to be involved in meets, if nothing else. I'll post something later which, I hope, will make everything clearer and offer a full apology for the poor advice I've given over the years.

Old 8th July 2020, 08:29

^ The way you advice and support people here is absolutely fantastic and your contributions are some of the most helpful and inspirational I've seen - certainly on a par with the great Ajax Amsterdam! If you don't think your posts have been helpful to countless folk here, including myself, then you are severely mistaken! SAUK needs you - seriously it really does!

Enjoy your trip but please don't stop posting Mr gregarious because your wise words would be greatly missed x
Old 8th July 2020, 10:16

Mood
Cynical

^^ I agree with Consolida, you have been a really great poster and your advice and experience has been extremely valuable to people here! I've definitely learned from your posts and enjoyed them too. Maybe have a think and let the mods know what you'd like to do. Enjoy your trip
Old 8th July 2020, 16:56

^^ Mr Gregarious, indeed! Ajax was - and is - an inspiration to me and I miss him, I'm not in the same league - especially now I know that I've been a fraud for the past five years (unintentionally). I'm not leaving, but I don't trust my own advice anymore.

Old 8th July 2020, 17:02

Mood
Cynical

^ It's concerning to hear you say you feel like you've been a fraud for the past five years, we all have different experiences and they are all valid and we give advice from our own perspectives which may be useful to some and not so much for others. But that's a strength of the forum I would say, lots of different perspectives and we can all learn from eachother! (Just to add my view of anxiety in general is the same as yours that you posted in a thread earlier, if that makes any difference.)