SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Mental Health Issues
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th July 2018, 22:25

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: The Suicide Thread - Trigger Warning

^ No, you are not the problem or a problem. Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.
Old 27th July 2018, 11:46

^^
I completely agree with what Dougella has said. I also think you come across as a really nice person.
Old 28th July 2018, 11:35

Mood
Blah

^ thankyou both. i do feel like a outcast on this forum & i feel like i come across badly/annoying so thankyou Chess&Junkfood
Old 28th July 2018, 13:56

^ @AireleeBray- Don't know you personally but from what posts I have seen, you appear to be one of the most genuine and naturally empathetic posters on here with a lot of valuable input to offer, so a far cry from annoying. Think you just need a little more self belief because most people on here, like me, won't see you the way you see yourself. Even the best of us get a little insecure sometimes though so it's understandable to fall into periods of negative reflection on occasion. Self doubt can actually be a good trait- the world has too many arrogant people as it is & it shows you are a good person.
Old 28th July 2018, 20:23

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackflies
^ @AireleeBray- Don't know you personally but from what posts I have seen, you appear to be one of the most genuine and naturally empathetic posters on here with a lot of valuable input to offer, so a far cry from annoying. Think you just need a little more self belief because most people on here, like me, won't see you the way you see yourself. Even the best of us get a little insecure sometimes though so it's understandable to fall into periods of negative reflection on occasion. Self doubt can actually be a good trait- the world has too many arrogant people as it is & it shows you are a good person.
Thankyou so much Blackflies that has really touched me
Old 5th August 2018, 19:40

Mood
Dead

Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to who goes through daily suicidal thoughts and planning. I feel tired of talking to people who donít understand. Who think Iím going to be fixed by keeping busy. I really donít want to do anything with my life , so whatís the point?
Old 6th August 2018, 23:36

^ I too get frustrated with the get a job, eat well, do some exercise, distract yourself, go to bed at the same time and it'll get better with magic.

Sorry I don't have anything helpful to suggest, but at least you're not alone in feeling that way.

I think the problem with trying to discuss these things with other people is they have to work from generalisations of what it is to be depressed/anxious/suicidal (doubly so if they have no experience of it themselves), and if like me, there is a problem where describing the details is hard, it's not really anyones fault. At least they are trying to understand.

Take care of yourself Skitz.
Old 7th August 2018, 11:47

^^ I know what you mean, Skitz; those out there who haven't been through real depression seem to think that depression is "feeling a bit down" so if you do something to cheer yourself up or keep busy, you'll forget about it. Sadly, it's pretty much impossible to make them understand that it's something which affects us even when we have every reason (ostensibly) to be happy.

As for having others to talk to, there are a number of us here, myself included (although I'm much less affected by depression in recent times than I have been in the past), who have experienced the reality of depression and know how hopeless it feels. Like itzum, I don't have anything useful to suggest, but I hope that you're able to ride it out until you can see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 7th August 2018, 20:41

Mood
Dead

yeah I don’t know how to explain why I’m like this either. I haven’t had a abusive up bringing or anything like that I am just depressed... I hate the questions why are you like this. One of my close friends doesn’t say anything when I tell him I don’t want a life I just don’t want to be alive. He wants to help me but I won’t accept help. I can’t carry on like this yet I’m still here.

Thanks Greg
Old 27th August 2018, 14:55
Banned at own request

I wish I just ceased to exist.

Please donít quote.
Old 27th August 2018, 15:19

^I'm sorry to see you writing that, Muggins, although I have wished it myself often enough that I understand how you feel. Just please remember that there are people who love you and that there are many here who benefit from the help and support you offer us all.

I really hope that this feeling will pass quickly and that you can appreciate life again; you're someone who would be very sorely missed by many.
Old 27th August 2018, 18:15

^^ Had a good look at the SAUK forum for months before recently joining as it seemed a friendly place I could benefit from and try to contribute to.

Muggins, your posts were at the forefront of creating my positive impression of this forum, which helped encouraged me to join (no easy task, this is the only place I post or am a member of online).

I have no doubt you are valued far beyond what you allow yourself to believe Muggins.
Old 28th August 2018, 14:58
Banned at own request

@ gregarious introvert and XIX,
Thank you both of you for your very kind messages.
Iím still struggling a fair bit but the fact that you have taken the time to respond really does mean more to me than you could know xx
Old 30th August 2018, 21:30

Mood
Dead

I feel quite a mess and taking my anger out on my family. Now they think i need to be in hospital. What good is that going to do
Old 31st August 2018, 01:15

Mood
Gloomy

Anything happened lately Skitz apart from the wedding you went to?
Old 6th September 2018, 10:39
Banned at own request

Iím so tired of living with this SA and Depression. It never gets any easier.
Old 6th September 2018, 12:12

Aw Muggins When you're in depression's grip, it's really hard to see things differently. Added to that, the fact that you must still be missing your cat terribly, it's perfectly understandable that you're feeling really down. I hope you manage to enjoy one simple/little thing today and be kind enough to yourself to be actually satisfied by it.

Last edited by speakfriend; 6th September 2018 at 12:13. Reason: to delete the quote
Old 6th September 2018, 12:18
Banned at own request

Mood
Sad

^ Sorry you're feeling so low Muggins Has anything specific happened, or is it just a build up of things? I know you never got back to my last message but I'm here if you ever want someone to talk to. EDIT: Just seen, so sorry to hear about your cat

I've been having such intense suicidal thoughts the last few days. Haven't felt this bad in years. The feeling of rejection is so painful and extreme that I can't even function properly. I actually thought I'd made a friend. Someone genuinely seemed to like me and said all these nice things about me, now I feel like they don't want to know me. I feel like I'm being lied to, but people will just accuse me of being paranoid.
Old 6th September 2018, 16:53
Banned at own request

^^ Thank you so much for your kind message, speakfriend, you are lovely

Sometimes I think the Depression is worse than the the SA. I mean, when Iím indoors with just my loved ones I feel as relaxed as Iím ever going to be when it comes to the SA but the Depression is constantly looming over my head sucking every bit of joy out of life. I canít even begin to tackle my anxieties when I barely have the motivation or energy to get out of bed.

Yes, losing our cat and the circumstances surrounding that have upset me greatly and each time it hits me that heís no longer here I have a little bit of a cry. But, I think the Depression has been brought on by a culimination of things, infact things that go back months and years

But you are right about doing one little thing today that I enjoy - I had a mini bag of Maltesers!! Not sure if thatís the sort of little thing you meant

Undecided - Oh Not sure if you will see this post now but Iíll say this all the same...

Iím so sorry I didn't respond to your last PM as your kind words of support and understanding really meant a lot to me. I hope that you didnít feel that I was ignoring you or was in any way unappreciative as that couldn't be further from the truth. The truth is, when Iím in the grip of a Depression I can really struggle with exchanging long one to one messages. I feel uncomfortable burdening just one person with all my negative crap especially when they probably have enough of their own stresses. If Iím going to go on a depressing rant I guess I find it easier to let rip on the forum as noone feels pressured or obligated to respond or offer any feedback. In fact Iím probably just put on ignore

I really hope that you arnít away from here for too long, undecided, and that you look after yourself while you're gone. From the few messages that we exchanged I could tell that you are a genuinely lovely person, and anyone would be very lucky to have you as a friend xx
Old 6th September 2018, 22:35

Hi Muggins,

I've got big internet love for you. Hope you're okay You sound like a fantastic Mum and you're so caring and wise. A real asset to sauk.

Undecided - I hope things work out between you and your friend.
Old 7th September 2018, 10:43
Banned at own request

^ Aw, well, thank you, I have big internet love for you too Biscuits
Seriously, you are such a great support to everyone here and your posts always make me smile how ever low Iím feeling. SAUK really wouldn't be anywhere near as nice without you
Old 7th September 2018, 22:22

aww that's very sweet of you to think, muggins

gonna miss you during your break from sauk, but hope you find some peace and that your break from here gives you positive mental health.