SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 2nd July 2011, 21:39

Default clumsy old fool

I don't know if this is a new thing but I have become more aware of it, and more annoyed by it, recently. The 'it' to which I refer is my tendency to physical awkwardness, not a day goes by without me knocking over, bumping into or tripping over something. I drop things, spill things, break things and generally bumble through my day in the cack-handed manner of a bull who has had too much wine with his lunch and found himself in an over-stocked china shop. Are my physical malfunctions connected to my social ineptitude and therefore indicative of a subsequent deterioation as I lurch, in my ungainly fashion, towards the twilight of my years? Or does it indicate some loss of mental function which points, shakinglingly, towards the dreaded alzheimers and...and...what was I talking about?
Old 2nd July 2011, 21:41

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: clumsy old fool

Yep. I've always been a bit clumsy but its getting worse. Tripping up, dropping things. I want to try tai chi or something to get co-ordination back.
Old 3rd July 2011, 00:40
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Pensive

I have found a new cat-like agility since growing up, moving out and living on my own, learned by negotiating trash and rubbish and discarded beercans with a ninja-like dexterity.

Old 4th July 2011, 02:16

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Simon-
I don't know if this is a new thing but I have become more aware of it, and more annoyed by it, recently. The 'it' to which I refer is my tendency to physical awkwardness, not a day goes by without me knocking over, bumping into or tripping over something. I drop things, spill things, break things and generally bumble through my day in the cack-handed manner of a bull who has had too much wine with his lunch and found himself in an over-stocked china shop. Are my physical malfunctions connected to my social ineptitude and therefore indicative of a subsequent deterioation as I lurch, in my ungainly fashion, towards the twilight of my years? Or does it indicate some loss of mental function which points, shakinglingly, towards the dreaded alzheimers and...and...what was I talking about?
Just wondering: Do you experience these accidents more when you're around others (as compared to when you're alone)? Personally, my brain functions at about 50% efficiency when I'm in the company of others (especially strangers).
Old 4th July 2011, 06:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover
Just wondering: Do you experience these accidents more when you're around others (as compared to when you're alone)? Personally, my brain functions at about 50% efficiency when I'm in the company of others (especially strangers).
Interesting that. I'm not sure but I don't think so, it certainly happens enough times on my own for me to notice it and be both annoyed and worried by it.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phool
Yep. I've always been a bit clumsy but its getting worse. Tripping up, dropping things. I want to try tai chi or something to get co-ordination back.
I've never tried Tai Chi myself but several friends have and they've all said positive things about it. My advice is go for it.

Tai Chi health benefits: http://www.talktaichi.co.uk/guides/t..._benefits.html
Old 4th July 2011, 16:55

Mood
Mellow

Agreed, Tai Chi is helpful for balance and improving co-ordination and a great away relax. I'm going to try Yoga this week but worried I'm going to pull a muscle and more not being the flexible type at all.
Closed Thread