SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th September 2018, 22:56

Default GPS behind

I just watched GPS behind closed doors. This man was asking for medication for depression and anger. He was getting angry with the doctor. I thought the doctor handled it well. Situations like that. Ugh
Old 6th September 2018, 00:39

Default Re: GPS behind

I watch this occasionally and the GPs are very good. They have to deal with such a lot. Mental health understanding has come along way but I don't think all GPs can offer the support people need. I heard last week NHS England said they were going to put mental health professionals inside GP surgeries. I think this is needed, as they will likely be far busier than the GPs and Nurses.
Old 6th September 2018, 09:46

Default Re: GPS behind

I sometimes watch this. I have to say the Doctors in the programme bare little resemblance to the GP’s I’ve recently seen at my Surgery who had very little time for medical issues. As for mental health problems - don’t even go there! I guess it depends on where you live in the country though. It’s impossible for GP’s to give patients the support that they need when there are such an overwhelming number of people needing their attention.