SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th September 2007, 14:56

Post Another family BBQ.

Hi everyone, don't come on here much just needed someone to talk to, its just i have a family BBQ on Sat all my relatives and family friends will be there, Normally i would be ok as i would just sit in a corner and talk to my brother who dose not have SA but is quiet.This year through hes not going to be there and im going to be by myself, the rest of my family are talkative and will join in with everyone i know im winding myself up but i don't like the thought of having to up and get food and try to make conversation with everyone thinking about this makes me nervous. Just wandering how you all cope with these kinds of situations.
Thanks for listing and for any responses.
Old 13th September 2007, 15:33

Default Re: Another family BBQ.

Hello i have one today and i dont want to go last few times i went i just tryed to ignore everyone but its not gonna work today i will let you no how i got on today and try and work something out for you to see if that helps if i dont get back in time have a good BBQ
Old 13th September 2007, 21:26

Default Re: Another family BBQ.

I find the easiest way to cope in this situation is to pick one person to talk to at a time. When you're trying to talk to a group of people its always more intimidating so put less pressure on yourself. Also occupy yourself in a useful job like refilling drinks or getting stuff from the kitchen. Gives an excuse for easy escape!

Good luck x
Closed Thread