SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th July 2015, 13:39

Mood
Tired

Default Zoloft doesn't seem to work anymore

Have been taking Zoloft for four years now, at first it really helped me to sleep well, feel calm and content. Somewhere along the line my social anxiety led me to spiral into another depressive episode (no appetite, lying in bed with eyes shut but not sleeping). Doses increased and eventually i came out of that episode. That healing may have been natural i think, and Zoloft doesn't seem to hide the anxiety and depression at all anymore. I simply take it because im afraid not to, i have tried Prozac, Paxil and Celexa all of which made my anxiety really bad, back to when i was 17 feeling that way.

Benzo's have helped me in the past but GP's don't prescribe them long-term (atleast not to me). If i had money i'd get high on something because the anxiety and depression is often just too much to cope with, a safety net would be a wonderful thing to have. Recently they prescribed me Lyrica because it has been approved for anxiety disorders. It may work for some people but it made me feel worse, at this point it feels like just chucking darts at a board. Hope for better medicine is insidious and seems to let me down quite a lot. Are there any antidepressants available that could help me function and reduce my anxiety to a manageable? I understand everyone reacts differently but suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i'm 21, failing college and in the last 4-5 years my life has completely flipped due to my anxiety and depression issues. I'm ashamed of the humiliation of social anxiety and not too fond of continuing in this manner. Cheers