SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 19th December 2009, 20:35

Mood
Crappy

Default YoYo Anxiety/Depression - Do i need help?

in the last few years I always assumed i had made excellent progress in my fight aganst depression and anxiety. But looking back it has merely been a yoyo effect, or a rollercoaster. I can literally go from downright positive and content, to something in between and back down to being in a place where even the thought of it makes me sick with dread, fear and cynacism, occasionally suicidal, all within the space of a few weeks. Today I seemed to hit rock bottom, but I've just come off three weeks of a fairly relaxing period of voluntary work in a beautiful part of wales, where I met some great people.

Yet somehow I know I'll probably be back in a good place (probably after Christmas!) the over-riding feeling is that it is all fake and that I will merely swing back to rock bottom again.

I was "official" un-diagnosed with "depression" a while back. I've still struggled with anxiety but it didnt stop me from functioning or looking after myself and maintaining healthy relationships. But I'm starting to worry that these on/off episodes are worrying enough to notify my doctor.
Old 19th December 2009, 22:12

Mood
Fiendish

Default Re: YoYo Anxiety/Depression - Do i need help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyre
in the last few years I always assumed i had made excellent progress in my fight aganst depression and anxiety. But looking back it has merely been a yoyo effect, or a rollercoaster. I can literally go from downright positive and content, to something in between and back down to being in a place where even the thought of it makes me sick with dread, fear and cynacism, occasionally suicidal, all within the space of a few weeks. Today I seemed to hit rock bottom, but I've just come off three weeks of a fairly relaxing period of voluntary work in a beautiful part of wales, where I met some great people.

Yet somehow I know I'll probably be back in a good place (probably after Christmas!) the over-riding feeling is that it is all fake and that I will merely swing back to rock bottom again.

I was "official" un-diagnosed with "depression" a while back. I've still struggled with anxiety but it didnt stop me from functioning or looking after myself and maintaining healthy relationships. But I'm starting to worry that these on/off episodes are worrying enough to notify my doctor.
If you're worried, contact your doctor. It can't hurt.
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:25

Mood
Happy

Hey Peyre,

I can relate to what you've said. I feel similar sometimes
but....

the important thing is to recognise you are making progress. By having these periods of happiness and contentment you are fighting against your demons. The nature of being depressed, is to exaggerate things and only see the negativein situations and also in looking back, hence in my opinion this is why you feel so down and as if you are not improving when you are depressed.

It sounds too me, looking at the bigger picture you are doing well and getting on in life... you just fail to notice it.

What do you think?
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:58

Mood
Balanced

I agree with the previous people. Your G.P. will be able to help. I lived for years with similar experiences to you and just thought there wasn't an end to it. Following a particularly bad period I eventually went to my G.P. and talked for ages. I am now on the way to stability, with help from both friends, family and professionals. My advice is go for it!!!
Closed Thread