Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 19th November 2006, 20:34

Mood
Blah

Default Nothing Important

Hey

I thought i'd tell you guys and gals what happened earlier today.

I was talking to my dad in the sitting room, suddenly we heard a loud bang on the window. I looked out of the window in to the back garden..you'll never guess what it was. It was a sparrow hawk with a dove in it's clutches. It had only caught the dove in mid air and crashed in to our window...awesome, lol. After a minute or so it took the dove to the top of the garden and proceeded to eat it.

My mam was very upset, she kept telling me to go out and scare the hawk off, but you can't interfere right?

I was going to take a pic on my phone, but by the time the idea came in to my head it had flew to the top of the garden.

I am wondering...would anybody have scared the hawk off?

Kev
Old 19th November 2006, 20:38

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: Nothing Important

I don't think you should interfere with nature. The sparrow hawk would only find another bird for its dinner.
Not a sight you see every day!
Old 19th November 2006, 20:40

no it's nature
my mums husband was always twittering on about cats killing birds, but my cats kill birds and mice but it isn't something you can change.
tho i wouldn't mind taking a shot gun to the ring necked parakeets i get in my garden tho their so bloomin' noisy.
Old 19th November 2006, 22:00

Mood
Lucky

As everybody is saying, it's nature.

It reminds me of a time when I was in Halifax and a pigeon with a broken neck dropped right in front of me, all bloody and squawking. I felt so guilty about not being able to help it but what could I do? I could hardly have sellotaped it back together.
Old 19th November 2006, 22:06

when we were haveing building work done a few years ago, while i was out my cat brought in a bird and left it in the middle of the living room floor, when i got back i put it in the skip, and told my brother, when his mate came round (the builder) he took it back out the skip and choped it's head off so it wouldn't suffer anymore. my brother did tell me to drop a brick onit but i just couldn't
Old 20th November 2006, 12:27

I get a kestrel comes in the garden, it is incredibly quick at killing blackbirds. Lands on their back with it's talons and it's dead, plucks it, then notices me in the window and flies off with it's meal, it ain't letting go!

Cats mainly kill at dusk, i'd like a golden eagle to kill the cats.
Old 20th November 2006, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by incommunicado
I get a kestrel comes in the garden, it is incredibly quick at killing blackbirds. Lands on their back with it's talons and it's dead, plucks it, then notices me in the window and flies off with it's meal, it ain't letting go!

Cats mainly kill at dusk, i'd like a golden eagle to kill the cats.
mine doesn't morning noon and night she's murdering something
Old 20th November 2006, 16:13

wish I'd seen that.

Anyway, the other day my mum's cat caught a mouse or whatever and it was still alive. Would you have saved that? Anyway, I tried seperating the two but the cat got the mouse in his mouth and ran off.
Closed Thread