SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th November 2006, 13:49
Banned

Default weight

It seems everyone in the world wants to loose eight but is anyoen here who wanst to or is trying to put on weight. I have gained about 1 1/2 stone since May although i'm still underweight i'm gettign there i'm 6ft 1 and weight 10st 8lbs so i'm a lanky git . Anyone else in a similar boat, good to share tips etc.
Old 16th November 2006, 16:40

Default Re: weight

I've probably put on about 2 stone in the last six months. I just drink loads of calorie and protein shakes. work out at least three times a week. 6 meals a day. I'm now about 6ft 4 and weigh about 14 stone, but am aiming for 16 stone, which I hope to be by the start of next year.

some tips that I use:

- Always eat twenty percent over your recommended calorie intake (which would add up around 3060 for a man).
- Always eat a full, high protein meal right before you go to bed.
- Always eat at least 1 gr of protein per lb of body weight (which would be about 140/150 grams for you).
- Never go more than two hours without eating. (this one's very important)
- Eat a high amount of carbohydrates (bread is the probably most convinent source).
- Don’t do cardio vascular or any type of running / swimming etc more than once a week.
- Drink plenty of water, I would recommend 6-7 pints a day!
- Before a workout you need to eat carbohydrates and protein in a 2:1 ratio respectively, this means you should around 50 grams of carbs and 25 grams of protein
- Within one hour after a workout you need to consume carbs and protein in a 1:2 ratio respectively, which means 50grams of protein and 25 grams of carbohydrates.
Old 16th November 2006, 19:08
Banned

im on protein shakes and eta regular small meals each day. I started doing soem weight training now, only free weights at home bu ti can see the msucle growing.
Heinz soup and about 5 slices of wholemeal bread i seem to eat all the time, high in cals plus its easy to make. I know Tuna is a good food to have but i hate fish
Do you guys train at the gym?
Old 16th November 2006, 19:26

I train at home. too poor to go to the gym.
my workout's based on this, which is aimed at training for size, but with some excercises changed to suit my equipment.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi52.htm
Old 16th November 2006, 20:02
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud
I train at home. too poor to go to the gym.
my workout's based on this, which is aimed at training for size, but with some excercises changed to suit my equipment.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi52.htm
I use this site also Bud, plsu it as animation of how to do the exercises. I'm tryin to get some gains on my chest atm as it's 34'. Buts hard as i don't have a bench or a barbell only dumbells. What do you do for your chest?.
Old 16th November 2006, 20:16

im five foot five and weigh around 8stone and loseing weight all the time even tho i eat alot i think i should see the doc about this on my next visit
Old 16th November 2006, 20:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy
im five foot five and weigh around 8stone and loseing weight all the time even tho i eat alot i think i should see the doc about this on my next visit
how many meals do u eat per day and how big are they.?
I know depression and stress can make ppl loose weight even if they eat the daily amount of calories
Old 16th November 2006, 20:20

and no not worms :P
Old 16th November 2006, 20:23

i have eat in the day.. my normal day for breakfast a bacon sandwich.. for lunch a chicken sandwich a packet of chrips a cocolate bar... snack on stuff like sweets.. and have a main meal when i get home
Old 16th November 2006, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
I use this site also Bud, plsu it as animation of how to do the exercises. I'm tryin to get some gains on my chest atm as it's 34'. Buts hard as i don't have a bench or a barbell only dumbells. What do you do for your chest?.
I've been trying really hard to build up my chest doing literally hundreds of pressups each morning and night, and managed to get it up to 43 inches. to build up my chest I only use this excercise. http://www.charlesatlas.com/freeworkout.html I don't have a bench either so I can't use weights. but this excercise has been pretty effective for me. when I first started it I added 2 inches in 2 weeks. hard work, but if you stick at it, it'll pay off
Old 16th November 2006, 22:11
Banned

2 inches in 2 weeks in really good!. Do you do it daily as its best to have rest days in-between workouts.
I do a similar workout for my triceps using one chair. It seems the excercises wihtout weights but using your bodyweight are more effective. I got no-where to do chin up's yet!

Ozzy, what exercises do u do each day like sports, work environment etc as you could just be burning up all the cals but it seems you eat the minimum amount so maybe try to eat bigger meals.
Old 16th November 2006, 22:13

i work as a carpet fitter always carrying heavy things.. and running up and down stairs so that could be it lol
Old 16th November 2006, 22:17

i mean i wanna start going to the gym but i got nothing there to put anything on any advice?
Old 17th November 2006, 11:02
Banned

I don't think it's that simple in that if you dont have body fat then u can't make muscle. I thought this but in fact this is not the case. Fat doesnt soley turn into muscle so if you went to the gym u will gain muscle but no tmuch as your size would not be that big.
In any respect as what i am doing now i am just tryin to bulk up and weight train. I spent to long tryin to find out the dynamics of how it all works lol.
Try some protein shakes to get your cal intake up as your burning alot each day when you work it seems.
Or make your own and blend something like a pint of whole milk with 1 banana & scoop of ice cream.
Old 17th November 2006, 19:14

You're either a 'burner' or 'storer' by genes.

There are three main body types ectomorph(lean), endomorph(porker), or mesomorph(arnie).

An ectomorphic burner is never going to add muscle or fat like the others but can sit around and remain lean.

found this with pics: http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/bodytype.htm
Old 17th November 2006, 19:34

Mood
Crappy

I'm very under-weight, a fella too, so its even more demeaning (sorry if that sounds a bit patronising, but blokes are just meant to be larger, lol)

When I was younger I burned everything off as I was always active, maybe a little hyper, but I translated that into sports. Now I can sit around, do no physical activity other than walking and the occasional run to catch the bus/train, eat ice cream, cheese, crisps in the evenings or even in between meal, and just will not put on weight. Or even loose it. I've been pretty much steady.

I find it hard finding clothes to fit me, and It is a core root of my self-conciousness and thus SA. It's tearing me up. I DO not want the figure of Brad Pitt or a Boxer, just a bit of fat, your average width for my height.

I'm an ectomorph without a doubt, but does that mean I will always be one?

I have tried Weights, but as mentioned I have no fat to convert into muscles. I've also tried Protein shakes, most of them were disgusting and the effects were minimal at best. I AM eating larger meals currently, and maybe I will give the protein shakes another go.

I hate being 18, yet looking like a 12yr old.
Old 18th November 2006, 14:34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet
Fat can't be converted into muscle as fat and muscle are two completely different biological "subtances". You need to weight train to build up muscle.
If your trying to bulk up you need to know this as it is a common mistake made that you can't build muscle if you have little body fat.
On average you should be putting on about 1lb a week on if your lucky and a ectomorph like in my case so if you do try and put weight on give it a month or two before you give up.

Go to the site below and read the message boards like 'bulking up' or 'supplements'. This website helped more than buying books or looking at stupid fad diet websites
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/.

Ho wmuch do you weight and how tall are you Peyre?
Closed Thread