Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 25th January 2012, 17:28

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golz
I made myself some proper gear, Dragonscale stuff with dual enchants so I actually don't end up out of magicka before I've even scratched a dragon. So I wanna know where you are managing to 3-4 hit em or maybe its a lot harder at lvl 50+ (and master, no idea if you are). It was becoming a right struggle before I made some gear.

I also finished the main quest line now and
im only like 30 atm so the random dragons havent become the arseholes yet

im also not on master...i never put it back up when i made a new game..frankly i cant be bothered with it..i did master on my warrior and getting dropped by a mage in 2 seconds over and over just annoyed me..cant be bothered with it this time im having a more leisurely play

i suspect when the elder and ancient dragons start appearing ill have to start running away again
Old 30th January 2012, 15:30

Mood
Fine

stupidly wandered into a cave with a draugr death overlord i cannot kill.

fml
Old 30th January 2012, 15:52

Mood
Sad

I dont own any current gen consoles and I havnt done any pc gaming for about half a year but i'll be getting a lappy for myself soon (been saving up for heckofa long time) and this will be the first game i play cant wait
Old 30th January 2012, 16:34

Mood
Mellow

The next patch should be here soon with the creation kit... was hoping today!

I haven't played Skyrim for a few weeks, lost my motivation playing a mage on master level and dying all the time!

Maybe I need to use some exploits to level up.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:57

I can play skyrim again now. I've got quite far through the quests doing the stormcloak rebellion now but once im strong enough im going to just go and find a town to launch an attack on. After that I dont really know what to do for a challenge.
Old 30th January 2012, 17:00

Mood
Alienated

people on pc have you pushed the beta patch?

i cant believe it pretty much doubles performance

ive got like 4 HD texture packs which replaces most of the cities textures..all the landscapes...improves the visuals of the trees/grass/plants lush grass which adds more foliage and i got SkyUI to remove the abomination that is the default UI

still rocking everything on ultra/max settings with 60fps in towns

finished the mage college and civil war on this mage character now..im approaching the story where i got to on my warrior with sodding esbern who broke my game! but id like to think in 4 patches they fixed that issue...
Old 30th January 2012, 19:25

Mood
Alienated

well graphics wise i think console is about "medium" on pc..then theres high..then theres ultra...and then theres modding the shit out of it with community stuff

also skyrim on an SSD means going into houses and stuff you dont really get a loading screen at all and quick traveling to somewhere on the other side of the map you get the loading screen with the spinning model (i didnt know you could spin it!) for about 2-3 seconds

ive never actually played it on console..i heard my mate rant about the ps3 version..how after a few hours he was down to about 18fps slideshow but i think it was broke and was patched when he saw it on my pc he didnt realise it was actually quicker to quick travel from whiterun to dragonsreach on pc..coz it wasnt on his!
Old 30th January 2012, 21:35

Mood
Alienated

HDD is also the loudest thing in my pc ^

fml, first world problems etc

have steam and 208 games on my account all downloaded and installed on a 2tb samsung F4 (think my steam folders about 760gb) ..but i use that symlinks thing to put skyrim on my SSD that removes some of the issues..i still get emo when opening steam makes my hdd spin up..STFU

roll on TB SSD's indeed!
Old 30th January 2012, 21:52

Mood
Alienated

some peoples ideas of quiet PC's ..utter bollocks

i built a pc for my mate last week i picked components that said "quiet" the case was meant to be sound proof had all the foam stuff inside (fractal r3) because it was going to be on his desk next to him, once i finished it and booted her up sounded like a sodding hoover to me

ended up tweaking!. cpu fan wont kick in till the cpu's at 70 (i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz , doesnt even hit 65 under prime95 so that should be never!) gpu fan is locked at 40% (560ti twin frozr ii, left it stock doesnt pass 65 either..furmark would probably upset it but games, no) case fans are onto the cheap fan controller that came with the case on the lowest speed possible...i could probably push more air by blowing at it but regardless now you have to put your face onto the tower to actually faintly hear it..now That silence! if it wasnt for the power led you probably wouldnt be able to tell it was even turned on

i dont believe anyones crap when they say they are silent these days! id be curious about watercooling, i did it years ago maybe the tech wasnt so great..i only had a 120.1 radiator and the 2 fans i put on it sounded like 747's ..the temps were also worse than air (perhaps i noobed it somewhere down the line) , not sure what i think about them small all in one enclosed WC loops....by the sounds of it..too loud

(super mega ultimate thread derail)
Old 30th January 2012, 22:07

I've done pretty much nothing but Dark Brotherhood missions for the last few days, going to start on the Thieves Guild next I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWithTheChemicals
I play it on xbawks, am I hardcore missing out? :o I know the loading is worse on xbox so that's one thing for sure!
Have you installed it on the HDD? It cuts down the loading times a lot.
Old 30th January 2012, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
i dont believe anyones crap when they say they are silent these days! id be curious about watercooling, i did it years ago maybe the tech wasnt so great..i only had a 120.1 radiator and the 2 fans i put on it sounded like 747's ..the temps were also worse than air (perhaps i noobed it somewhere down the line) , not sure what i think about them small all in one enclosed WC loops....by the sounds of it..too loud
I have one of them enclosed loops, isn't too bad most of the time for noise (close to silent atm but I aint doing anything to make it work) and hdd is probably the worse thing for making a noise so I agree with that. Then again last summer my hand was forced to do something as normal fans just couldn't keep it cool (55C idle, 70-75C playing and sounding like I was on a runway). Now it's sitting at 30C idle, think it doesn't go above 40C (it didn't when I installed at least, can't say I checked it recently).

Speaking about loading times for PC, there were good when it came out, now they seem to suck after one of the patches though can't remember which. I tend to have to bring up the steam overlay sometimes if it seems to be hanging on the loading screen and that'll usually make it load almost instantly after. Though haven't looked at patch stuff or played it in a few days.
Old 31st January 2012, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG.89
Bloody hdds are good for nothing. This thing is brand new but it's dicking around making odd noises and randomly taking ages to read/write. If it fails and loses my coursework in a few months time I'ma set fire to seagate HQ.
Always back up!

A few years ago I decided I'd better actually start backing up my data. Hadn't had any problems in many years of owning PCs, but a few weeks after starting doing weekly backups - poof! The first drive fails suddenly and catastrophically, all data gone.

It makes sense to get hard drives in pairs really, one to back up the other.
Old 31st January 2012, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWithTheChemicals
What would ya'll say are your favourite side quests? I can't decide which ones to do first. In the middle of the winterhold college one atm.
The daedric artifact quests usually turn out to be good but it usually takes a while to tell them from regular quests. Also the markarth conspiracy/prison break was neat.
Old 31st January 2012, 13:37
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

I really liked that that Markath conspiracy one as well. Also the Hangover style quest is excellent, specially when you find out who you asked to marry you.

The Daedric quests as usual are also a highlight of the side quests. They always get really creative with them and bend the rules of what's possible in the game, well worth doing all of those.
Old 31st January 2012, 14:07

The hangover one was amazing, especially because I hadn't been to markarth at that point in the game so I left the temple and was like where the F am I? Then I got caught up in all the stuff that was going on in that city***8230; But I felt guilty about wrecking everyones shit so offered to pay for the damage and missed out on finding out about the fiancé until I stumbled across her hut and she wasn't talking so I had to look it up.
Old 31st January 2012, 16:06

There's a cool quest if you talk to the madman by the graveyard in Solitude.
Won't ruin it for you.
Old 31st January 2012, 17:04

Mood
Fine

i really wish i could figure out how to take pics/video in the game, because i just watched my horse ride a dragon
Old 31st January 2012, 17:31

Mood
Alienated

pc i guess?

so its steam

F12 is screenshots (and if its not working check in steam settings>in-game, can change/check it there)
Old 31st January 2012, 17:37

Mood
Fine

i acquired the game through illicit means, so i don't think i have any steam functions (?) lol

actually i wouldn'tknow where to find the steam stuff, as i didn't install the game myself.
Old 31st January 2012, 17:38

Mood
Alienated

aha! no you wont have steam stufff, i had that copy myself till i found a cheap steam key for my collection /pokemon

print screen doesnt work?

then get fraps

http://www.fraps.com/

default can be set to whatever key you want! (this can take screenshots and record footage..but recording will cripple your framerate)
Old 31st January 2012, 20:49
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG.89
On this and new vegas, which I planned to play tonight.

Steam is useless.
How far you got? Im trying to do everything side mission possible and not do the main mission/storyline too quick like i did with FO 3.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:41

Mood
Melancholy

i've been carefully rationing out my time with this - shouldn't have got it whilst trying to find a job haha. could easily sit and play it all day.

on level 12. doing the side missions first. great game.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:16

Mood
Scurvy

Old 1st February 2012, 18:39

Mood
Alienated

i wee'd a bit

the editor looks like my sodding degree

actually tempted to play about with it!
Old 1st February 2012, 20:10

Mood
Mellow

Oh, patch 1.4 is out!

I might have a fiddle with the creation kit despite being a total dunce and brain dead when it comes to designing stuff. I will create a castle called SAUK with characters of everyone here in it... I'll be in the dungeon myself.

OK, I'm loosing the plot... forgot my meds today.
Old 3rd February 2012, 05:18

Mood
Mellow

Me riding a cock chicken.

Old 3rd February 2012, 06:02

Old 3rd February 2012, 23:35

Mood
Alienated

i loved that video

proves she does have a use!
Old 4th February 2012, 17:27

Mood
Alienated

because they are reading on here that you want fallout weapons to blow shit up!

i think fallout weaponary should stay in fallout world personally! im quite happy running round casting free expert thunderbolts pretending im from star wars (-100% spell cast awwyeah) i can drop anything on the screen in a matter of seconds..unless they go ranged..then i die in 2 arrows

i agree about the amount of people you cant kill though..pisses me off...just dropping onto their knees and getting back up in a few seconds
Old 4th February 2012, 17:45

Mood
Alienated

he likes to travel light sometimes!

i worry where he keeps the letters though..