SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th June 2009, 02:50

Default Some quotes. Helps me, try it

Hi all.

Try a few quotes in the mornings. Or whenever ya on a bad one. Ive found they can give you a nice lift.

"The only people who never fail are those who never try."
--Ilka Chase

"He's no failure. He's not dead yet."
--William Lloyd George

"A failure is a man who has blundered but is not able to cash in the experience."
--Elbert Hubbard

"Not failure, but low aim, is crime."
--James Russell Lowell

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall”

Conquering any difficulty always gives one a secret joy, for it means pushing back a boundary-line and adding to one's liberty."
--Henri Frederic Amiel

“Don’t let the things you cant control control you”

“Every thing will be alright if you hold on, it’s a struggle every day got to role on.”

"Every problem has a gift for you in its hands."
--Richard Bach

"Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict."
--William Ellery Channing"

“Be less discouraged, more determined, less distracted, more present.”

When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'"
--Sydney Harris

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body."
--Seneca

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. ~Vincent Van Gogh

“Devils triumph when good men do nothing”

Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. ~Wendy Wasserstein

Success comes in cans, not cant's. ~Author Unknown

Constant dripping hollows out a stone. Lucretius

Success is my only f**king option

If you put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown

Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. ~Peter T. Mcintyre

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent

There are no men prisoners to fate, men are only prisoners to their own mind

Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got. ~Sophia Loren

Of all our infirmities, the most savage is to despise our being. ~Michel de Montaigne

People are crying up the rich and variegated plumage of the peacock, and he is himself blushing at the sight of his ugly feet. ~Sa'Di

It's hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head. ~Sally Kempton, Esquire, 1970

Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. ~Les Brown

If you doubt yourself, then indeed you stand on shaky ground. ~Henrik Ibsen

Never dull your shine for somebody else. ~Tyra Banks

Always hold your head up. ~Max L. Forman

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure, 1604

The things we hate about ourselves aren't more real than things we like about ourselves. ~Ellen Goodman

Your problem is you're... too busy holding onto your unworthiness. ~Ram Dass

Life marks us all down, so it's just as well that we start out by overpricing ourselves. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate. ~Henry David Thoreau

Men are not against you; they are merely for themselves. ~Gene Fowler, Skyline, 1961

There are offences given and offences not given but taken. ~Izaak Walton

Men harm others by their deeds, themselves by their thoughts. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare

Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. ~Veronica A.

It is folly for a man to pray to the gods for that which he has the power to obtain by himself. ~Epicurus

If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor. ~Nicholas de Chamfort

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. ~Louisa May Alcott

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you. ~African Proverb

The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do. ~Author Unknown

Great tranquility of heart is his who cares for neither praise nor blame. ~Thomas à Kempis

Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. ~André Dubus

The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. ~Sonya Friedman

Mediocrity is a hand-rail. ~Charles Louis de Secondat

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. ~Michael Jordan

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. ~Thomas Alva Edison

Success comes down to how far you are willing to go, opportunities don’t find you – you find them

Attitude determines altitude

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. ~Edmund Hillary

Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered - either by themselves or by others. ~Mark Twain

A person can grow only as much as his horizon allows. ~John Powell

A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort. ~Sydney Smith

Chiefly the mold of a man's fortune is in his own hands. ~Francis Bacon

Mediocrity is a hand-rail. ~Charles Louis de Secondat

All of us have wonders hidden in our breasts, only needing circumstances to evoke them. ~Charles Dickens

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." ~ Helen Keller

"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present." ~Bil Keane

"You can if you think you can." ~ George Reeves

"I take nothing for granted. I now have only good days, or great days." ~ Lance Armstrong

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory." ~ Betty Smith

"One should never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." ~ Helen Keller

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground. " ~ Unknown

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible." ~ Unknown

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway. ~Mary Kay Ash

We are all such a waste of our potential, like three-way lamps using one-way bulbs. ~Mignon McLaughlin

Every man, when he gets quiet, when he becomes desperately honest with himself, is capable of uttering profound truths. We all derive from the same source. There is no mystery about the origin of things. We are all part of creation, all kings, all poets, all musicians; we have only to open up, to discover what is already there. ~Henry Miller, Sexus

Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic. ~Jean Sibelius

Happiness is not a destination but a way of travelling.

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.” - E. Joseph Cossman

“The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake - you can't learn anything from being perfect.” - Adam Osborne

“The more you are willing to accept responsibility for your actions, the more credibility you will have” - Brian Koslow

“Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.” - Robert H. Schuller

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” - Les Brown

“A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” - John C. Maxwell

“Learn to say 'no' to the good so you can say 'yes' to the best.” - John C. Maxwell

“If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.” - Robert H. Schuller

“Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” - Les Brown

“You will suddenly realize that the reason you never changed before was because you didn't want to.” - Robert H. Schuller

“Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.” - Robert H. Schuller

“What would you do if you knew you could not fail?” - Robert H. Schuller

“If there exists no possibility of failure, then victory is meaningless.” - Robert H. Schuller

“The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” - Robert H. Schuller

“Yes, you can be a dreamer and a doer too, if you will remove one word from your vocabulary: impossible.” - Robert H. Schuller

“As we grow as unique persons, we learn to respect the uniqueness of others.” - Robert H. Schuller

“Winning starts with beginning.” - Robert H. Schuller

“Turn your scars into stars.” - Robert H. Schuller

“Most people who succeed in the face of seemingly impossible conditions are people who simply don't know how to quit.” - Robert H. Schuller

“God's delays are not God's denials.” - Robert H. Schuller

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Edison, inventor and scientist
Old 25th June 2009, 22:09

Mood
Busy

Default Re: Some quotes. Helps me, try it

Thanks, I,ve just jotted a few of those down. You're right, they really help lift the spirits.
Old 26th June 2009, 00:15

I may well make a note of at least some of those, if not all of them; they're pretty good I think
Old 26th June 2009, 10:46

Mood
Confused

Thanks Dude. Some really good quotes in there, i might stick them on wall randomly around the house. Just when i'm feeling a bit down and unmotivated, i can read it and just feel that bit better about myself.

Thanks
Old 1st July 2009, 01:32

Closed Thread