SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th June 2009, 00:47

Default My Story

When i was in my teens an started high school i was in top class all the way through school but didnt get good grades at the end of it cos of my anxiety i didnt want 2 go in if my mate wasnt goin in an e was off all the time, So i ended up as my highest GCSE was an E an i got 3 G's aswell i didnt do any coursework i jus didnt seem to care at the time. Now ive got no qualifications just my poor gcse's an my drivin license. Am 21 an am worried cos evry1 my age seems 2 b doin really well an am not. I wudnt say i was the smartest person around but i am pretty clever i wud say i was above average. Av got it into my mind tha ive got to get a dead end job tha will just pay my bills then i wont av any money for myself sort of thing. An its bringin me dwn its upsettin me cos i no am capable of much more. I just dnt no wat to do anymore sometimes it seems like death is the only way out but i wudnt do it but thats they way it seems. I just dont no wat to do anymore
Old 25th June 2009, 01:11

Default Re: My Story

Alright mate,
Just signed up after reading your post. Im suffering heavily with s/anxiety an dunno what else, need help really. And ive got 2 gcses which are C grade. other 2 Es. Doesnt mean you cant go far. 80% of entrepreneurs on the rich list dint go to college or uni after high school. In life you either work for someone else or you work for yourself, yourself you dont need a degree and you get to keep all the money. Believing you can is the hard bit, then it will happen.
Keep ya chin up
Old 25th June 2009, 12:36

Don't worry. Look at myself, I'm 20 in few days. I did relatively well in my GCSEs. I got really good A-Level results. I'm doing well at uni. But this doesn't make me happy one bit, because it doesn't change anything. I am certain I am going to end up in a really crap job when I leave here. I couldn't even work in a job that involved speaking on a phone because I wouldn't pass the interview.

Just keep thinking one day things have got to get better and I'm sure there are loads of people out there who know that for whatever reaon they could have done better in their exams.
Old 25th June 2009, 14:58

Mood
Tired

and me

44 married, with o and a levels, a degree and 22 years teaching

now unemployed and miserable

ur young, grasp opportunities and go with ur heart

uv no ties, just follow ur gut instinct

i know if i had my time again i would have done things so differently

exams and qualifications mean nothing if ur not happy x
Closed Thread