SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 17th October 2008, 09:19

Default Taking Propranolol with Sertraline - a good idea or not?

Hey sorry if this seems like a silly question but it's something I'm not sure about.

I've just started taking Sertraline and am also taking Propranolol which I'm continuing to take as normal, although I read a post on another forum that the two can interract and cause confusion and worsen depression.

I think it's common when you go on Sertraline from what I've read, but I feel very shaky and restless and kind of like I was feeling before I went on the Propranolol and don't know whether it's safe to take a higher dose to try and help this (as I usually do when I'm particularly bad) or whether it's not such a good idea to be taking them.

Wondered if anyone has any experience of mixing the two drugs and has any answers?
Old 17th October 2008, 14:52
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Taking Propranolol with Sertraline - a good idea or not?

I've been taking both for around a year now, with no significant problems (other than the common side-effects of such medications, which lessen over time). If you're thinking of changing doses, it would be best if you sought advice from your GP beforehand, however difficult you might find that.
Closed Thread