SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 31st July 2006, 09:15

Default Accepting my body

im happy with my body for the first time in my life, my long term boyfriend has finally convinced me hes not lying when he tells me im beautiful :embarass: im not overweight but its only just kinda dawned on me u dont have to be dead skinny to be attractive

please be gentle im really scared of posting to so many people :embarass:
Old 31st July 2006, 10:45

Default Re: Accepting my body

That's good to hear - I wish I could look in the mirror and be happy with my shape. I know I should do something about it but I'm jus abit lazy and never seem to be able to find the time to exercise. It's important to like your shape and I bet you feel so much more confident
Old 31st July 2006, 10:55

well done jess! insecurity about your appearance can spoil so many things, so its good to hear that you feel good about yourself
Old 31st July 2006, 10:57

thx for the replies
Old 31st July 2006, 11:10

Mood
Worried

Well done jess! =) thats really good to hear. You're very lucky to have a really lovely boyfriend =).
I agree you don't have to be stick-thin to be attractive.. It's just something stereotypical (that skinnyness equals attractiveness).
Old 31st July 2006, 15:59

Mood
Pensive

That's great Jess.
To anyone else who doesn't feel good about their bodies: it really doesn't matter what your body shape, or appearance. Nobody chooses how they look so you just have to accept it and try to make the best of it.
Old 2nd August 2006, 02:15

Mood
Pensive

Some of them will need telling twice Master Caster! And they'll still not believe you
Old 2nd August 2006, 12:20

Mood
Dreaming

It's really good that you're happy with your body. So few people are. It's a really great thing to have.

A lot of people think that overweight= unhappy with your body. underweight = happy with your body. This isn't the case at all. People who are normal weight/underweight are still very likely to be unhappy with their body, and often still feel they need to loose weight. I don't think it's possible to tell how you yourself looks, because the mirror and looking down on yourself gives a distorted picture. People often think they look worse than they do, and that they look bigger than they really do.

Well done again for accepting your body! I wish more people could feel comfortable with theirs.
Old 2nd August 2006, 16:07

Yeah well done Jess, and your boyfriend is a star for making you feel that way too.

It sometimes annoys me when people think that all skinny women choose to be that way though, because some of us reeeaally wanna put on some weight and try really hard to do so but without luck.
Old 2nd August 2006, 17:36

helen i've seen your pictures on myspace i think u should stay just the way you are very pretty!
Closed Thread