SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th March 2015, 21:24

Default The pets your family had when you were a child

I had a cat (pictured in the cat photo thread) and a fairground goldfish who surprisingly lived for many years. Whereas other such goldfish were very short lived indeed. My guineapig was not really very popular with me and only lasted a few years for some reason.
Old 11th April 2015, 10:52

Mood
Thinking

Default Re: The pets your family had when you were a child

I suppose if you were close to your pets when you were younger and had that bond, compared to now say when you dont have pets anymore you are bound to think about them more. We were only allowed cats, but had two real characters both black and white one half persian Mitzy and Mopsy RIP. I suppose when I was growing up struggling to make friends etc having a pet was a great substitute. What do you remember about your childhood pets?
Old 11th April 2015, 17:11
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I had a dog for 16 years growing up.
I grew up in the country most of the time so I also 'adopted' things lol. Over the years at various points I had chickens and pullets, 3 mad goats, abandoned lambs, a tortoise (which was never mine as such but I was the only one who bothered with it) etc etc..
I had a rabbit and tried fancy goldfish (ahem I appear to be not good at fishkeeping ).
I worked in stables as a kid and shared a pony with someone when I was 12/13ish.
Later on cats and a couple of wild pheasants named Charles and Camilla who would visit nearly everyday, the female disappeared but the male came for years and would wake us all up if there had been a hard frost and he was hungry by calling and calling. More annoying than a bloody rooster! He was big bold bird who would walk around amongst us and stand on the doorstep of a morning with the cat The cat who'd happily kill robins and sparrows, wisely thought better of it!

*sigh* I do miss animals.
Old 11th April 2015, 17:54

Mood
Sad

Erm a gold fish which I won at a fair .. My mum thought it wasn't going to last 2 minutes, in the end it lasted a couple of years .... I had hamsters too ....
Old 16th April 2015, 09:54

No pets while growing up. I always wanted to have a dog but never had the space. Now I have the space but it will not be fair to keep a social animal locked up all day in the home all alone while we go to the office.
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:47

Mood
Balanced

As a family we had a dog and a cat on the go 3 dogs and 4 cats in total and a succession of Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Hamsters, Rats and Mice all in pairs or small groups such as 3 rabbits and 5 Guinea Pigs and 2 Canaries plus fairground gold fish.
Old 22nd June 2015, 02:06

Mood
Alienated

Cats. We had some male cats, then we got some female cats and nature occured and suddenly we had a shit load of cats. We took in a stray who was pregnant and we had even more cats.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:28

A dog called Jodie
A cat called Tabitha
Two Goldfish called Salt and Pepper
A budgie called Fred
and a toad called Froggie