SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th January 2024, 19:25

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Like I have bottled up anger
Old 26th January 2024, 19:26

Sorry for your loss Consolida
Old 26th January 2024, 20:47

You did the very best you could for your furry friend, Consolida
Old 26th January 2024, 21:11

So very sorry Consolida.
Old 27th January 2024, 11:18
Co-Administrator

Mood
Nerdy

I'm so sorry for the loss of your darling girl, Consolida. Sending you love
Old 27th January 2024, 15:30

Consolida - sending my love and hugs to you for the loss of your beautiful tortie. I know how much she meant to you and how much of a support and source of comfort and love she was for you xx
Old 27th January 2024, 17:14

I'm sorry for your loss, Consolida
Old 27th January 2024, 17:34

Hi Consolida, I am really sorry for your loss.
Old 27th January 2024, 20:37

Sorry for your loss, Consolida. you did the best you could for her.
Old 29th January 2024, 21:22

Mood
Lurking

I'm so sorry, consolia
Old 30th January 2024, 14:43

Mood
Musical

So sorry to hear about your loss Consolida

I've been signed off work for two weeks i've always suffered with back issues from when i had my operation when i was 16....over the years i've had a few niggles but sadly this is a bad one even had to go the docs which i hate doing and told to rest it and gave me some exercises to do... i hate sitting about doing nothing so its going to be a tough two weeks... hopefully it will ease in those two weeks....and get back to work soon!
Old 30th January 2024, 16:53

^ Hope it eases off soon, Trev
Old 1st February 2024, 11:51

Mood
Musical

Sorry your going thru a tough time Consolida sending love your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
^ Hope it eases off soon, Trev

Thanks Lee

Hopefully its easing abit... just need to keep doing the exercises i've been told to do keep forgetting though hope your well?
Old 1st February 2024, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by T
hope your well?
Been feeling terrible for months, shaky, weak, depressed, exhausted all the time. However, I've just got some blood test results back and they are suspecting I've got thyroid issues.
Old 2nd February 2024, 05:46

^^ Thank you Trev

I'm sorry you've been feeling so awful Lee, the symptoms do sound suspiciously Thyroid related. I hope the doctor manages to sort things out and you'll soon be feeling good again
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
You did the very best you could for your furry friend, Consolida
Yes.
So very sorry, Consolida.
Old 2nd February 2024, 11:34

Today specifically is a very sad day for me and many others like me. After it's over I intend to block news websites on my router for a long while as the past year has just been a constant influx that has contributed to me becoming agoraphobic, and I need to help myself get at least somewhat better.
Old 2nd February 2024, 14:05

Mood
Cynical

^ I'm so sorry to hear that
Old 2nd February 2024, 16:52

^^^^ Thanks Consolida
Old 2nd February 2024, 23:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie79
Today specifically is a very sad day for me and many others like me. After it's over I intend to block news websites on my router for a long while as the past year has just been a constant influx that has contributed to me becoming agoraphobic, and I need to help myself get at least somewhat better.
it's a very sad day. Taking time away from the news is really important so that's a good idea. There are phone helplines, which perhaps isn't the best for SA, but hopefully there are some with text based chat support. It might help to talk.
Old 3rd February 2024, 00:43

Thank you so much to everyone in this thread who said such lovely things regarding the loss of my beautiful cat. I've re-read the kind comments today and it brings me some comfort. I've cried and cried hysterically today and think I've got no more tears left and then I cry and cry and cry again. I sniff the seat where she last sat or look for any mark at all that would have been from her. I talk out loud to her in the night when I go to the kitchen for a drink because she was the only one who always trotted out to greet me, reaching up on her back legs. She was beautiful. The Emotional pain of loss is so raw.

This could be a bad idea, but I'm going to view a little cat on Sunday in need of a home. she's 16 months old and totally black. I couldn't, wouldn't, go for a tortoiseshell again as much as I adore them, because it would be just too painful and I'd be desperately searching for similarities and this little one will no doubt have her own unique qualities that I'll learn to love. I'm not trying to replace my beloved baby because she was 100% irreplaceable but I think if I allow the grief to consume me another week it might be the end of me because my thoughts have taken me to some of the darkest places I've ever been to. I felt close to insanity. I think I will be needing the little homeless girl I meet on Sunday far far more than she will be needing me.

@ Sophie79 I won't say much as todays news coverage is unbearably bleak, but as Biscuits says reach out to someone you feel comfortable reaching out to if it helps you at all There are some 'people' in this world that you wonder what the hell must be going on in their heads. It's like the civilised human part of the brain just doesn't exist. It's scary and sad
Old 3rd February 2024, 04:25

^
Take care, Consolida.
Old 3rd February 2024, 07:16

^^ that sounds lovely that you might be giving a little cat a new home and more importantly to them (and you) a little home in your heart.
Old 3rd February 2024, 14:13

So sorry for your loss Consolida. It's absolutely heartbreaking to lose a furbaby. I hope the possible new addition gives you some comfort while you heal from your loss.
Old 4th February 2024, 10:09

@ AL - Thanks

@ Biscuits - My emotions are all over the place today. Sure it will be lovely to welcome a new furbaby into the home and right now I'm feeling nervously excited at the prospect of meeting her for the first time this afternoon. But, the deep sadness at losing my tortie baby is casting a massive shadow over everything so I wonder if I'm doing the right thing so soon. I'm constantly pining for her to be back at my side again, the sweet little girl that gave me 11 years of joy.
Ah, I shall start crying again

@ AZI - Yep, losing a beloved pet is the WORSE thing about having a pet and I vowed a few days ago that I'd never get another pet again but here I am getting ready to meet a potential new family member. I won't fall in love with this one though so my heart will be safe from any more pain. Yeah right!

Btw, it's lovely to see you posting here again

I had to go to the hairdressers yesterday (no 10 on the SA scale!) and the experience was horrendous. I hadn't had a cut since October and so felt forced to go because I resembled a Yeti and don't want to terrify the new cat. It's not usually busy, even on a Saturday, but another nearby salon was closed so there were lots of extra customers. It was flipping mayhem. The hairdresser was chatty and recognised me from previous times so asked the usual old questions like, Is your son still at Uni? What did you do for Xmas? Are you going on holiday this year? But, it was so noisy I struggled to converse with him. It also felt like he was pulling my hair out by the roots when he washed it and splashed water in my eyes. Head hanging backwards over a sink is a very unpleasant position to be sitting in. And to top it all, the hair cut is horrid. It's 3 inches shorter and was blown into some odd bouffant Karen type style. I had aged 15 years while sitting there. My husband sweetly says that it will look okay when I've washed it out, but I'm not feeling so optimistic. I can't imagine anyone with SA enjoying the hairdressing experience.
Old 4th February 2024, 11:16

^ that's totally understandable that you'd be tearful when meeting the new lil one. Kittens are such a handful (in a good way ) and I think that's a good thing to have something new and wonderful to focus on. It's okay to feel conflicted about it all and to continue to experience loss and grief.

You have one of those pretty faces that would suit anything. I hope you get used to the new style and find ways of making it work for you. I had loads cut off mine once and it made so self conscious so o can relate!

I used to have a really rough hairdresser when she blowdried my hair. I wanted to reflex punch her when she first did it. Luckily my current hairdresser has silent service so they only ask questions about where to part your hair and how to style it at the end rather than any chit chat. It's honestly amazing and I think more salons should adopt it.
Old 5th February 2024, 01:35

^ Aww you always say the kindest most supportive things Biscuits x

We went to see the kitten/cat today (she's about 6 months). Understandably she was very shy and nervous and cowered in the corner. It will be a challenge to gain her trust but it should be a good distraction for my heavy heart. Adopting a cat (quite rightly) is being taken very seriously and we've got to set up a safe room where she can spend her first weeks. We've had to order this monstrosity of a climbing frame off Amazon and expensive kitten food (apparently the usual supermarket stuff isn't good enough). She also wants us to have a cat flap that is activatated by a microchip collar (not sure about that). Then we've got to make a detailed home/garden video to send to the foster carer proving that our gaff is pet friendly. It's a bit of a pain, but I'd prefer that than people handing over cats to any Tom, Dick or Harry. Hopefully, by this time next week, we'll have a new family member settling into her forever home.
Old 5th February 2024, 09:50

Mood
Cynical

^ That's lovely news that you'll be adopting a new little family member Consolida . You're right it's better that they check that the homes they go to are set up properly with everything they need to give a rescue cat the best care, I think that's a good sign.
Old 5th February 2024, 18:02

Oh thats good Consolida
Old 5th February 2024, 18:11

That's nice to hear, Consolida.