SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 26th September 2008, 10:57

Default Re: Rhodiola Rosea

I say it because if it really helps with SAD, then people would be buying it left right and centre and there would be a strong market for it.....there obviously isnt!
Old 26th September 2008, 11:06

well it does help, for me, why would i say it does if it doesnt? this is exactly the same, and incorrect point that you made about rhodiola, that things need to known about to be helpful, but these herbal things work differently for different people, sa is caused possibly by a variety of different things, so different treatments may be helpful

rhodiola, amroyn, st johns wort, herbal stuff, are all less well known about by the medical community in our country, i went to the doc, he prescribed citalopram, it did nothing, citalopram, a drug that is more well known

I tried some herbal stuff, which I bought online it lessened the anxiety, def wasnt a cure, but def was noticeable.

different treatments have got to start somewhere, so maybe these will be more well known in time, or maybe they did just work for me in particular......who knows, but just because something isnt common knowledge doesnt mean its worthless, it takes decades for different treatments to get established, to be researched properly.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:15

Sorry for being negative, but i have been feeling incredibly low this week, even suicidal, so bad that this morning back on Seroxat, and within about an hour the suicidal feelings have virtually gone now.
Glad the herbal remedies are working for you......long may it continue!
Old 9th October 2008, 00:45

Mood
Lurking

Are any of you still taking this?

If so, how have you found it so far?

If not then are there any particular reasons why you stopped?
Old 9th October 2008, 10:15

Must admit I haven't taken any yet because I was also trying out something else and wanted to see how that worked first.

Have just taken 500 mg of RR though, just to see what happens...
Old 9th October 2008, 17:40

i'm noticing the effects of rhodiola, unfortunately thus far, it hasnt done anything for the anxiety / self conciousness that i get in massively intense waves as soon as i'm around people

its just sorta made me feel better, kinda serotony, like sri's ave in the past, like i can feel it sat here that theres more serotin...or some kinda feel good neurotransmitter, but thats of no help in terms of the 'in the momentness' of my anxiety.
Old 9th October 2008, 19:51

Thanks for the heads up on this RR. It did sound like high doses were needed which was a little bit off putting for me.. even tho the results sounded fantastic
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:45

Mood
Torn

Ok thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead.

How are the people who originally posted on this doing? Are you still taking Rhodiola? Does it still have the same effects?

Once I'm done with Cipralex withdrawal I may give Rhodiola a try.
Closed Thread