SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th March 2020, 11:48

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

Getting a good nights sleep and feeling worse than i did the previous night when i slept all of 90mins
Old 11th March 2020, 13:11

^ I feel like that when I go on there. But then at the same time I want a piece of it - if only so I can reject it and say I did have it.

I'm annoyed that the French government keep pestering me about getting a smart meter. I'M RENTING AND YOU KNOW THAT.
Old 11th March 2020, 13:22

I use it socially and it mostly seems fine to me (the inauthentic lifestyle thing is easy to avoid if you're picky about who you follow), but I imagine it would be horrible if you're trying to use it to promote your work. Random people and bots liking things just because you put a few hashtags under an image won't lead to making money. I think a lot of actual human followers scrolling through things on there just press like out of habit and have forgotten about something the second it's off the screen anyway.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:24

I won something on Ebay last night and paid, but after I'd already paid I noticed there had been no option to specify which store I wanted to collect it from. I only ever buy something if it has Click & Collect as a delivery option since I prefer going out to get something than waiting in all day for it. So I sent a message to the seller saying I didn't see that option when I was paying and asked if there was any way he could rectify it, and he just replied saying "What's Click & Collect?" He's got about a hundred other things listed with that option and thousands of reviews! Why wouldn't he know? He must choose to include that option every time he lists something.
Old 15th March 2020, 08:48

Mood
Fine

Being referred to as "some weirdo" by a couple of drunk girls at 3am, thanks for that.
Old 15th March 2020, 08:53

^^ I had problems using it on my laptop, I downloaded the app to use when I'm offline and it wouldn't work.
Old 15th March 2020, 09:06

I got Now TV recently to try for a couple of months and use the app on my television for it... it's terrible. It often crashes if I'm trying to skip backwards or forwards, it sometime randomly comes up with an error that says "press back" but I can't actually press back, it doesn't remember if I've used subtitles so I have to switch them on every single time, sometimes if I press forward it freezes and then skips through the whole thing, it doesn't remember where I am in an episode if I stopped during something to continue another time, it doesn't bring up the next episode if I stopped watching something during the credits. Awful software. Oh well, back to illegal torrents it is.

Maybe Netflix got patents on all the different aspects of a streaming service that actually make it work properly.
Old 15th March 2020, 13:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity
Being referred to as "some weirdo" by a couple of drunk girls at 3am, thanks for that.
Context needed.

There's always a decent chance of a blocked ear(wax issue) the night after a few drinks.. and this is such an occasion
Old 15th March 2020, 14:07

^ I had the same now tv message as you, i queried it several times and didn't get anywhere,i now us it with the web browser or roku box.
Old 15th March 2020, 15:45

^ I only subscribe to the movies because it's cheaper than sky, I think it worked out about £42.00 for the year which is much cheaper than sky cinema.

I wanted to use the desktop version so I could download films to my laptop or phone and watch when I'm not connected to the internet.
Old 15th March 2020, 18:56

Missing the drama because i'm done with virus talk.
Old 16th March 2020, 03:32

Mood
Fine

It was in a shop, I was doing some stocking up. One of them was looking at me on the way in. They came in after, one pointed at something behind me as I was turning round. I came round the isle and one was coming the other way saying it why looking at me. There was no-one else shopping.

In hindsight I can't say for sure it was aimed at me, I could have caught the end of a sentence about someone else. Yay for overthinking

I like bring wierd, I just don't strangers calling me a weirdo
Old 17th March 2020, 08:09

Mood
Fine

^ Thanks biscuits I was already pretty low, plus bumping my basket into everything wasn't helping
Old 17th March 2020, 23:02

Everywhere devoid of eggs!!

Jesus H. I've just had to do a walk around of five shops before finally laying my hands on some substandard 10 pack of 'Farm Fresh' eggs. Ugghhh, people ... why not panic buy ****ing chocolate??! Or sweets, anything i couldn't care less about!

Lay off my eggs!!
Old 17th March 2020, 23:09
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Lol. I get mine direct from the chooks at sanctuary so thankfully havent had any issues. Though I went into the village waitrose today and it was like a bee hive that had been prodded with a stick. Got a pack (of only 3 left) of chicken breasts and scarpered!!
Old 17th March 2020, 23:20

And i bet they taste delicious. Chicken i'm not so fussed about, salmon and sausages are my forte - they've got plenty of those, thankfully.
Old 17th March 2020, 23:29
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

They are rather nice, richer some how.

Oh yeah! I forgot - you and bloody sausages Bet you've been hoarding all the chorizo
Old 17th March 2020, 23:29

Honestly, these eggs are appalling - the yolk is barely yellow and my preference are for orange yolk, so this is pretty lowly. These eggs should be illegal.
Old 17th March 2020, 23:37

^^ Cared for chooks = better quality eggs!

Nah, i've moved haven't i, so no more chorizo (from the neighbour). I've just been living on a diet of sausage/salmon with a variety of veg
Old 17th March 2020, 23:42

The shelves are still empty in my local superstore. It seems that as fast as the staff re-stock them they are being stripped clean. For Christ sake, people are so ****g greedy and selfish. It has been stressed over and over that the food supplies are fine, that panic buying is silly, and that it causes problems for the old and isolated. But they just ignore all that. When I went in there last night it was like a scene from a zombie movie - plastic crates upended, fruit and veg racks totally empty, etc. And this is just a nasty flu strain that kills about 3 in every 100. Imagine how they would behave if it really WAS a horror disease that killed half those who caught it! They’d literally be clawing and stabbing each other in the aisles. If climate change leads to some kind of social collapse, I honestly think I will climb into bed with a bottle of vodka and sleeping pills and end it all. One to one there is a lot of love and goodness in people, but en mass, when panicked and afraid, they are monsters.
Old 18th March 2020, 00:19

Mood
Cynical

^ My local co-op has just instituted a limit of two items per person of everything, seems pretty sensible to me. I think other shops are going to need to start doing the same.
Old 18th March 2020, 00:23

^ That might be nationwide then cos i've just learnt that from my local co-op.
Old 18th March 2020, 00:39

Mood
Cynical

^ Good policy I think.
Old 18th March 2020, 00:41

About bloody time i think.
Old 18th March 2020, 13:31
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
^^ Cared for chooks = better quality eggs!

Nah, i've moved haven't i, so no more chorizo (from the neighbour). I've just been living on a diet of sausage/salmon with a variety of veg
Aww that's a shame. Are you not tempted to buy some? (I have no idea if chorizo is expensive or not).

I tend to eat much of the same things too.
Old 18th March 2020, 16:52

Mood
Lurking

I was in an Aldi earlier, and they seemed to have plenty on the shelves. But you are only allowed 4 of any one item. An older lad had 6 x 4 cans of beer, and the checkout assistant told him he could only have a maximum of 4, he thought she meant only 4 cans not 4 packs, he was mightily relived when she explained it.
Old 18th March 2020, 19:04

Mood
Fine

Thankfully, Asda have started rationing the products that were being hoarded (3 items per customer), and already there seems to be an improvement in available stocks.

Still lots of empty shelves, but slight improvement on yesterday.

This should have been done a week ago , mind
Old 19th March 2020, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Aww that's a shame. Are you not tempted to buy some? (I have no idea if chorizo is expensive or not).

I tend to eat much of the same things too.
Yeah, just not now, i'm keeping things very simple, probably as a reaction to relocating and not wanting the clutter of thinking about 'what shall i have for dinner tonight.. ?'

You eat samey stuff, too?? I got the impression you try/tried all sorts
Old 19th March 2020, 17:14
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^yeah when I get a chance to i like trying recipes and new things. But generally speaking I eat the same meals/food stuffs most weeks.

Atleast currently.
Old 19th March 2020, 17:18
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

When your told an engineer has been booked for your lack of internet but you dont need to be at home for them, only to get a phone call from said engineer saying he needs access to your home. And your 10 miles away

Got to book another engineer appointment now *sigh*