SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 8th May 2007, 21:17

Default Meds and working out.

My meds make me always feel like I just haven't got enough energy to work out. I could take them before I go to bed but they're more effective if I take them in the morning.

I really wanna start working out again.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 8th May 2007, 22:11

Mood
Blah

Default Re: Meds and working out.

When i was on seroxat i didnt find it hindered me in any way with working out.

Ive just started working out again & despite the fact i came of seroxat 14 mths ago, i get days where i really cant be bothered.

Maybe you should look at taking supplements

The best thing i ever did was start eating six meals a day - they dont have to be big meals - so long as you have something every 4 hours or so. That way you always have the energy to burn.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:21
fug

Hey Ross .I had to give up the meds alltogether,just made me feel like s**t all the time.I can only speak for myself but i get a lot more from exercise than i ever did from pills.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:37

Thanks for the link Chris I'll check it out. Hey Fugmaster, well, my meds seem to be working up to an extent, so I realy don't want to come off them.

I figure if I can at least work out a couple of times the odd week then it should be enough to stop me from losing muscle, which is basically what I've been doing these last few months (not losing muscle but working out rarely). But I'd really like to get back into it again especially since I've changed my routine to one that will hopefully get me to build more muscle since I've hit the wall early (could just be down to not eating enough protein every day though).
Old 8th May 2007, 22:51
fug

Quote:
my meds seem to be working up to an extent, so I realy don't want to come off them.
That's fair enough mate ,if it aint broke right I only stopped cause all i was getting was side's
Old 9th May 2007, 12:54

I never really knew that carbs were important too until recently.

Can you take carbs in the form of pills or shakes?

At the moment I can't really afford protein shakes and whatever. And taking them in the form of food is going to be even more expensive I think.

I worked out about a year ago how much protein I eat everyday, and it's only half of the recommended amount (for weight lifting).
Old 9th May 2007, 13:32

Mood
Inspired

Hi Ross

I think if i rememba you are taking escitalapram (cipralex) I was on those for while but yes they can leave u feeling a bit low energy wise after taking e'm. Maybe you could get into the habit of an early morning workout . And have ur meds mid-morning?

I'm not currently on meds but do work out 4/5 times a week and that amount of exercise helps manage my anxiety and depression levels better than any meds have. But it did take a while to build up that level of exercise and make it part of my 'lifestyle' which is what it's gotta be... Not a randon visit every so often
Old 9th May 2007, 13:36

I'm on Dosulpin at the mo.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:30

Thanks Mastercaster.

I'm 11 stone, and I don't even think I'm eating 1.5grams of protein each day. It's gotta be the protein and/or carbs for why I hit the wall early.

When I gain muslce, it's really fast, but whenever I get to the size and definition I am now (and I don't think I'm THAT big) it's like I hit a brick wall and no matter how I change my routine I just can't seem to get any bigger.
Old 9th May 2007, 16:17

Compounds are what I'm doing right now, I used to train really heavy for about 8 reps on each set, but since the low number of reps felt like it wasn't really stimulating my muscles, I've now changed them to 20 reps with a lighter weight.

I know 20 reps sounds too high for gaining muscle, but while doing each set and after it really feels like my muscles are getting a good workout and they're sore the next day.
Old 9th May 2007, 16:33

Heh, I'm always eating junk food.
Closed Thread