SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th December 2008, 13:36

Mood
Balanced

Default Manager at work

I have found it very difficult to put a stop to a manager at work keeping us well beyond our finishing time in a small somerfield supermarket. Heres the story:

Basicly, on a sunday we finish at 5.30pm, clock out but then have to wait downstairs for ages for her to come down. This annoys all of us but nobody has dared to say anything yet. Anyway, a few weeks ago I was getting pissed off as it was 5.40ish, so i just left the shop(she left the key in the door) and went home. I expected to get in trouble but nothing was ever said.

The sunday just gone was the first time she was back in on my sunday shift and as i expected, she did everything she could to delay us. As i do cash, she left it all day until 5.35pm to sign it off and then started questioning it, even though it was correct. She then asked if i had printed some 'SELs' off(price things lol) but I did not do it as it was gone 5.30pm and the tension between me and the other staff was obvious.

A few mins later She said she was ready to go so I clocked out at 5.43pm which means i will not get paid the extra 13 mins. 10 minutes later, waiting downstairs she finally comes down. We are all very angry at this point as it was 5.55pm.

So thats 25 mins unpaid when we should be on our way home. If we got paid i would not mind but to be doing nothing for 25 mins waiting for her, well it is a joke.

What would you do? I am going to try and speak to another manager today but then i risk making it difficult to work with her. Im loosing £40 a year minimum because of her keeping us waiting for no reason lol.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:42

Mood
Spaced

Default Re: Manager at work

I can understand how frustrating that can be. No one really likes being kept waiting.
Old 30th December 2008, 15:28

Default Re: Manager at work

I think you should make your point to her calmly and politely that you think that staff should be able to leave at the official finishing time. If you go over her head without speaking to her about it then she almost certainly be offended and the other manager would probably ask if you had spoken to her first.
Closed Thread