SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th December 2023, 09:53

Default Social anxiety challenge buddy

Hi People,

My name is Alex and I experience Social anxiety to the extent that it stops me doing things I want to and I'm fed up with this situation.

I'm a 27 year old ambitious person who wants to achieve all I can in life and so I'm really into self help/personal growth.

I thought it would be helpful to have someone else who I could do social challenges with and could encourage me and vice versa to push ourselves outside of our their comfort zones and get over our Social anxiety related fears.

It would also be really nice to make a friend with someone who is also really into personal growth and was as determines as I am to get over the SA which is holding me back.

Let me know if it sounds like you, look forward to hearing from people

Alex
Old 1st January 2024, 00:28

Default Re: Social anxiety challenge buddy

Hi Alex.

Do you have any particular challenges in your mind?
Do you want to find a real life buddy or just communicate and support each other online, while doing the challenges in real life?

You know, some 7 years ago I would kill for a person like you in real life, lol. It was the time when I was trying to battle my SA and was approaching strangers outside, trying to talk to them. I was completely alone in my battle and realized how beneficial and awesome it would be if there would be someone else who was going through the same struggles, who wanted to do these challenges and if we would support each other in our goals.
Old 2nd January 2024, 03:32

Hey there,

I'm not the person you're looking for, I do hope you find someone though (gentle bump)
Old 8th January 2024, 13:00

I'm not that person either, however I wish you all the best with this.

I think real life friendship/buddying might be more appealing and helpful for people than online, maybe it would help too if you said which region you lived in?
Old 8th January 2024, 14:02

Hi Alex, I'm not who you're looking for either (double your age and add a bit ) but I hope you find someone.

Good luck!!
Old 8th January 2024, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear
Hey there,

I'm not the person you're looking for, I do hope you find someone though (gentle bump)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelwyn
I'm not that person either, however I wish you all the best with this.

I think real life friendship/buddying might be more appealing and helpful for people than online, maybe it would help too if you said which region you lived in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
Hi Alex, I'm not who you're looking for either (double your age and add a bit ) but I hope you find someone.

Good luck!!

Poor Alex
Old 11th January 2024, 17:02

You can do it. Keep going. I get a little anxious around people but when I face it, eventually it does subside. I just had to do it over and over again.