Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th May 2005, 11:56
cavycrazy

Default Re: how is everyone feeling?

Quote:
Quote: magika at 16***58;32***58;18 Wed May 11 2005

ps. wheres cavy gone

I've been through hell the past week as little Harvey took ill and gradually got worse........we took him to Cambridge on Thursday as he was very wobbly and couldn't even lift his head properly. We got a call Friday morning (the 13th strikes again as I lost Jasper on a Friday 13th last August) to say that he was in really bad pain and that he wasn't likely to recover so the decision was made to put him to sleep. (Emote: crying) They think he had a tumour in his stomach as he had been urinating blood. I'm totally devastated and feel as though my heart has been ripped to shreds.......I loved him so much.

We picked him up yesterday and took him to the local pet crematorium and we're picking his ashes up tomorrow. I probably won't be posting for a while as this has hit me really hard and I can't stop crying. Just thought I'd let you all know why I'm not around.
Old 15th May 2005, 12:20
silvernlilac

aww amy (Emote: hugs) im so sorry. Thats awful At least you did the very best you could for him and gave him as much love as you could.
Old 15th May 2005, 12:23
Shaz82

(Emote: hugs) amy so sorry to hear about Harvey, I know how much your piggies mean to you.
Old 15th May 2005, 13:45
introverted_guy

Aww Amy, I know what it's like, as I've been through it with my cats, it's heartbreaking. (Emote: hugs)
Old 15th May 2005, 14:58
Scottidog

Oh Cavy, that's terribly sad news. (Emote: shake) Little Harvey had been through so much lately but it looked like he was gonna be okay for a time didn't it... poor lil' guy. (Emote: sad) No words can take away the pain of losing a beloved pet, but hopefully knowing that he had a good life with you and was treasured and adored will bring you a little comfort at this difficult time.

Take care Amy. (Emote: rubonhead)
Old 15th May 2005, 15:18
Odworthy

I'm really sorry to hear that. Losing a pet can be heartbreaking, especially when they're as loved as yours are.
Here, just for you, a non-birthday, cheer yourself up nerd (Emote: nerd)
Old 15th May 2005, 19:13
magika

sorry to hear that cavy (Emote: hugs) at least he isnt suffering now.
Old 15th May 2005, 23:07
annie1

Amy - (Emote: hugs)
Old 15th May 2005, 23:37
KateB

starting to realise how imposible it is for me to ever make friends. I hardly like anyone (Emote: bricks) I'm not a nice person - Someone can be kind and talk to me, willng to spend time with me but there's always something in their character that makes me feel uncomfortable with them. It can be an opinion they have, taste in music or they misunderstand me in some way. I really don't want to be alone my whole life but I think thats what will happen.
Old 16th May 2005, 00:04
buffybot

sorry to hear that kate but i know where you are coming from on that one (Emote: frown) but you have to keep smiling (Emote: smileyellow) so they say (Emote: rolleyes)
Old 16th May 2005, 00:24
Scottidog

I won't try to share any words of wisdom (because I don't have any!) just say that I can totally relate to what you are saying, Kate B. I'm sure you won't be alone your whole life though because, well, you sound far too nice for that. (Emote: smile)
Old 16th May 2005, 00:43
Amelie_

I'm feeling very lonely. I spent four blissful days with my boo, but he went home a few hours ago. (Emote: sad) Also, I badly need to get some sleep but I can't stop messing around on here! (Emote: frustrated)

Old 16th May 2005, 07:49
Boc11

Quote:
Quote: KateB at 22***58;37***58;00 Sun May 15 2005
starting to realise how imposible it is for me to ever make friends. I hardly like anyone (Emote: bricks) I'm not a nice person - Someone can be kind and talk to me, willng to spend time with me but there's always something in their character that makes me feel uncomfortable with them. It can be an opinion they have, taste in music or they misunderstand me in some way. I really don't want to be alone my whole life but I think thats what will happen.
I know exactly how you feel Kate (Emote: hugs)

I have a scary job interview and presentation for a promotion this morning, yaaaaargh!!! Not feeling too nervous at the moment. Hopefully I'll be fine. Trying not to think about it too much except for rehearsing my presentation. Wish me luck folks!!!
Old 16th May 2005, 10:06
alone_on_earth

Hi KateB (Emote: smileyellow) I feel similarly. I find it hard to relate to people who are different from me, unfortunately this is most people! Any difference in character serves only to make me feel more alienated. Less so with interests, etc. except that people seem so confident in theirs, whereas I tend to feel embarrassed about mine and have the appearance of being inarticulate and unenthusiastic about them (in fact, I'd like nothing more than to talk about them with someone). When making the attempt to get to know people, I greatly hope that they won't reveal too much about themselves and give me a reason to feel apart from them. I suppose friendship is about enjoying both the differences and similarities you have with someone, but I'm mostly overwhelmed by the differences and can't find the similarities (Emote: bricks) (I'd even say that I'm sometimes in awe of/intimidated by their achievements, the most simple of which are totally off the scale of what I'm able to do.) I hope you can make some friends, as difficult as I know it can be!
Old 16th May 2005, 11:58
Shaz82

(Emote: hugs) KateB
You can do it Boc (Emote: pirate) good luck (Emote: smile)

I'm feeling great today, it's my Anniversary I've been married 24yrs today, we are going for a meal tonight and for once I am looking forward to it (Emote: roundnround)
Old 16th May 2005, 12:16
Xhael

felt rock bottom last night for no real reason. This morning have somehow changed that and feeling a lot better and had a painless bloodtest this morning which was really good as I was dreading it.
Old 16th May 2005, 12:30
magika

glad your ok now xheal

i was very anxious this morning cos i had to train someone at work today- infact all week! but i got thro it ok. this is my last week at work here then i have a much deserved week off before i move. also have the dentist at 3 (Emote: shake) great.

hope ur interview goes ok boc ,for you-

[1 edits; Last edit by magika at 11:33:07 Mon May 16 2005]
Old 16th May 2005, 13:23
Boc11

The interview was OK, there were a couple of questions that were a bit tricky but the presentation, surprisingly, went OK. Much to my amazement, I was able to totally concentrate on it and I even did it without having to look at my notes very much.

Now we have the agonising wait - I won't hear until Wednesday but hey, the worst case scenario is I keep my current job so nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Old 16th May 2005, 13:28
introverted_guy

Well done Boc and good luck! (Emote: pirate)
Old 16th May 2005, 14:13
introverted_guy

Happy Anniversary Shaz!
Here's to many more years! (Emote: beerchug)
Old 16th May 2005, 15:12
threadbare

Boc - that's amazing that you went for it and were so positive - really well done (Emote: pirate)
Old 16th May 2005, 15:39
Shaz82

Aww thanks introverted (Emote: smile)

Well done Boc Knew you would do it (Emote: pirate) (Emote: smile)
Old 16th May 2005, 16:07
Scottidog

Happy Anniversary Shaz! (Emote: beerchug) I hope you have a lovely meal out tonight. (Emote: smileyellow)

It's good to hear that your interview and presentation went well Boc, well done! (Emote: pirate)

Old 16th May 2005, 16:26
curious_faerie

Quote:
Quote: Shaz82 at 10***58;58***58;59 Mon May 16 2005

I'm feeling great today, it's my Anniversary I've been married 24yrs today, we are going for a meal tonight and for once I am looking forward to it (Emote: roundnround)
Happy Anniversary Sharon (Emote: smile) (Emote: dancingbanana)

Hope everyone is well!
Old 16th May 2005, 17:41
Shaz82

Aww thank you Scottidog and curious_faerie (Emote: roundnround)
Old 16th May 2005, 19:40
fresia

Well done Boc (Emote: smile)
Old 16th May 2005, 23:45
KateB

Thanks for everyones replies and hugs. It helps knowing others can relate.

Quote:
Quote: alone_on_earth at 09***58;06***58;23 Mon May 16 2005
I suppose friendship is about enjoying both the differences and similarities you have with someone, but I'm mostly overwhelmed by the differences and can't find the similarities (Emote: bricks)
Thats a good description. I always feel very different to other people

Quote:
Quote: Shaz82 at 10***58;58***58;59 Mon May 16 2005
(Emote: hugs) we are going for a meal tonight and for once I am looking forward to it (Emote: roundnround)
hope you had a good time (Emote: smile)

Quote:
Quote: Boc11 at 12***58;23***58;48 Mon May 16 2005
The interview was OK
I'm glad to hear it went well.

wish i could live in the moment instead of always worrying that I'm not doing enough.
Old 17th May 2005, 11:13
Shaz82

I had a lovely time thank you KateB (Emote: roundnround)

Hope your feeling a bit better now KateB (Emote: smile)
Old 17th May 2005, 12:49
magika

im feeling great (Emote: rotflmao) my big bonus should help me get some nice stuff for our flat (Emote: roundnround)
Old 17th May 2005, 14:11
heart24_uk

Firstly, great news Madge (Emote: pirate)

and as for how am i feelin'....................pretty shit to be honest, things just don't seem to go the way you want them to (Emote: bricks)
Closed Thread