SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Go over 0 0%
Ignore them 12 63.16%
Depends on the situation (please expand ) 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 5th July 2009, 01:06

Mood
Worried

Default Would/has SA stopped you meeting someone famous?

I was bored at work today, and started thinking how odd it would be if Regina Spektor walked through the door. Yes, ok, I need to get over her, but it set me off wondering what, if anything, I would say.
Would I start going on about how amazing she is and how much I adored her live last week, or treat her like anyone else? Ask for an autograph maybe?

I'm 99% sure I'm related (well, second cousins once removed or something) to Phillip and Robert Glenister, so that set me off wondering if I'd tell them that if I ever were to go to a signing/randomly see them somewhere. I concluded probably not.

What if you saw your favourite celebrity or something in the street: would you go over and say hello, or would your SA get in the way?
Old 5th July 2009, 01:19

Default Re: Would/has SA stopped you meeting someone famous?

Regina? You've seen Regina?? she is one amazing lyricist, musician, and singer.
H
Old 5th July 2009, 08:37

Mood
Worried

hehe she really is . She was amazing live. If you haven't been to see her yet you really should if you get the chance - just incredible. She kept yelling "I f*cking love you" at the audience, and got all embarassed by all the cheering, so she started laughing half way through Samson, bless her. So cute!
Old 5th July 2009, 12:07

Mood
Musical

Depends on the situition for me.... taking about Regina though i have been lucky enough to see her four times now and she was so ever kind to talk with her fans after a gig she's a very talented women too.... she let me have a photo with her too how kind...but depends on the sitition another time when i was at the golf world number 2 at the time Phil Mickelson hit me with his golf ball so i had no choice and he came over to say sorry then all the tv camera's followed even the BBC wanted to talk to me but declined coz i was nervous as hell.
Old 5th July 2009, 12:22

Mood
Dreaming

My main reason for not approaching them would be because I wouldn't want to annoy them! They must have so many people approach them each day, wouldn't want to bother them. Plus I'd feel like an idiot!
I'm not really a 'celebrity' person so there are few people I'd want a signature from anyway. The only person I can think of who I've seen who I would have quite liked to have asked was Anthony Stuart Head. I came out of college one day and saw him walking past (there was a filming studio right next to my college) and immediately called up my friend in college 'GET OUT HERE NOW!!!' and then we followed him for a bit, hehe But we were both too scared to approach him!
Old 5th July 2009, 18:19

Mood
Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by T
Depends on the situition for me.... taking about Regina though i have been lucky enough to see her four times now and she was so ever kind to talk with her fans after a gig she's a very talented women too.... she let me have a photo with her too how kind...
Urgh, lucky!
Old 5th July 2009, 18:33

Someone wrote about a wedding they attended where Marlon Brando was a guest. Everyone was so awestruck that nobody spoke to him and he was left all on his own (this was before he got any bad press - anti-semitism was it? Anyway). So it's not just an SA thing I guess.

I never approach slebs anyway, I wouldn't want to be thought of as a botherer.
Old 5th July 2009, 19:52

Mood
Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverside
I never approach slebs anyway, I wouldn't want to be thought of as a botherer.
I think that pretty much sums up why I probably wouldn't, either. I mean what do you say? "I adore you, I think you're amazing". Even the kindest, most modest of them coughReginacough would've heard it 1000 times already. You'd just be another fan to them. Bit sad really...
Old 5th July 2009, 20:06

Must have been great seeing Regina Spektor in concert.

I saw The Guillemots and afterwards saw Fyfe Dangerfield. Personally I doubt I would have had the guts to have gone up to him though I would want to (if I was interesting with great things to say) anyway my husband just started walking in his direction and we did speak to him briefly. He was really nice actually very down to earth.
Old 6th July 2009, 05:12

I saw Halle Berry and Matthew Perry at an art show a few months ago. I didn't go up to them but figured they wouldn't like to be bothered anyhow.

There have been a few times where I saw a singer or band member after a gig and I was too intimidated to talk to them.
Once I got up the nerve to ask for an autograph from a singer my cousin is a big fan of - just thinking how appreciative my cousin would be spurred me on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holz
I was bored at work today, and started thinking how odd it would be if Regina Spektor walked through the door. Yes, ok, I need to get over her, but it set me off wondering what, if anything, I would say.
I'm a big Regina fan too! It's nice to see so many others as well. It's funny, I was listening to her when I read your post.
I did see her in concert a few years back and it was wonderful. She has a great presence.
Closed Thread