SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th April 2024, 16:00

Default Sister Causing Grief!

So my mum has been having ongoing health issues and she had to be rushed to A&E with abdominal pains and breathing difficulties. Its so stressful as I'm doing my best but my sister doesn't think I'm doing enough and has been constantly pestering me!

Last Friday night I spent the whole night in A&E with my mum who was in a bed waiting for hours. She needed to go to the toilet and because the staff were busy she had to wait for ages. It was awful watching and hearing her crying out to the nurses to help her!

At home I've had to help her walk to the toilet as she has been very weak and has been short of breath.

My sister was saying I need to step up but I would like to tell her to f@@k herself! And now she wants me to get keys cut for her incase I'm not around and she has to come if theres an emergency. But I don;'t like the thought of her having access to my home! But I understand it probably makes sense.

I'm having to ignore her when she gets too much. Fingers crossed my mum gets better as its my birthday next Monday and I start a new job next week too but after some training in the office I will be able to work from home.
Old 29th April 2024, 16:21

Default Re: Sister Causing Grief!

Really the NHS has gone hasn't it. I'd be thinking about my mum's dignity and maybe your sister hasn't taken that on board. How would your mum feel if she only had you, her son to help her with her toileting needs. I know my mum wouldn't have cared for that when she was suffering last year. My sister totally understood the delicate situation and took over the caring duties. Does your mum receive any domiciliary care, if you are working full time maybe your mum will need it. Hope things get better soon.