SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd March 2007, 23:03

Default Ever wished you were a Time Lord?

I was browsing through the photo forum today and one of the photos triggered a memory from far away and long ago…

This happened at school when I was aged maybe 6 or 7. We were in class painting pictures of the seaside and all the other kids were painting the usual stuff – a big yellow sun, a blue sky, a few happy grey clouds and some bright red sailing boat bobbing about in the deep blue waves. Well, everyone was painting deep blue waves except me, that is. My waves were GREEN!

As you can imagine, word of my GREEN waves began to spread around the class. I was soon the centre of attention and the figure of much laughter. I suddenly felt a total idiot, and more than anything else, felt I was about to die of EMBARRASMENT!

The thing about this story is that the day before I did the painting in school, my parents had taken me to the seaside and I’d seen GREEN waves with my own eyes. I was only painting what I had seen.

Anyway, today I found myself wishing I was a Time Lord, because then I could have jumped into my TARDIS and travelled all the way back to that classroom and showed all those laughing kids this photo of the sea and yelled at them,

"Look, I was right, the sea is GREEN!"

Thanks to timmyb for the photo.
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:10

Default Re: Ever wished you were a Time Lord?

Wow, I've never seen green sea before.

Is it Algee or something? Usually the sea is blue because it reflects the sky.
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:15

Mood
Cool

Kids can be so cruel.
Old 24th March 2007, 01:00

I bet you were the best painter in the class and the other kids were just jealous!!
Old 25th March 2007, 12:28

Mood
Pensive

That's a lovely picture Dharma/timmyb!

It's good that you expressed your individuality so young and painted what you saw rather than what you thought you were 'supposed' to see.

I used to love drawing and painting when I was little but sadly I never developed a talent for it.