SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd February 2019, 00:11

Default Do you think your story was somehow written/planned before your birth?

Not from religion perspective please. Just from your own experience in life.
Old 22nd February 2019, 09:36

Default Re: Do you think your story was somehow written/planned before your birth?

If it was, it's like one of those Goosebumps books from the early 00s where you get to choose the ending and no matter which one you choose, it's always shit and not worth the time and effort you put into reading it.
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:00

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Do you think your story was somehow written/planned before your birth?

No. But I think there were always likely to be problems because of the problems the people who brought me into the world have!
Old 22nd February 2019, 12:07

There must've been a writer's strike when I was born.
Old 22nd February 2019, 12:28

I bet Prince George feels that his story was.
Old 22nd February 2019, 12:43

Mood
Tired

yeah,. I used to feel this a lot, but I also felt there were moments where you could see through the whole "storyline/timeline" and jump out of it altogether.
sometimes I even felt that the people in my life have been in my life before, almost like inextricably intertwined and interlinked over many lives?

maybe it's because SA seems to limit so much of what you do that it feels like you're not exactly in control of your own life?
Old 22nd February 2019, 13:16

Not really. Hmm maybe. Oh I dunno

By all accounts my biological mother was a bit of a psychopath so I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that I'm not quite right but I certainly don't believe people are at the mercy of their genes or the bad start that they may have had in their life either. You don't have to follow the path you started on. You can choose to deviate from that path, even change direction completely and follow a different path.

Sometimes I've started reading a book and think to myself this is truly awful but on the odd occasion when I've persevered each chapter is better than the one before and when I finally get to the end of the book I feel sad because I want it to go on for longer. I think life can be like that. Maybe mine will be too.

I'm not sure if that properly answers the question you were asking Perhaps?
Old 22nd February 2019, 17:45

The feeling, maybe, but that doesn't mean I believe it is in actuality. Fatalism ain't my bag.

Though I do tend to think that in a general sense, the particular configuration of experiences that makes up each of our lives has been lived a thousand times over - and there's a certain significance to that.