SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 21st July 2015, 08:29

Default Help... Fluoxetine

Hi all, I am new to this site and am looking for help. I am in a very bad way and desperately looking for light at the end of the tunnel. I have been feeling very depressed and anxious since the start of June. Since then I have seen a few different GP’s (as mine was away) one gave me Venlafaxine (lasted 10 days) and the next GP I saw gave me Dosulepin which (lasted four day). I then saw my actual GP and she prescribed me Fluoxetine. Feel a bit let down as my meds have been changed so much but I suppose each GP has their own preferred antidepressant. Anyway, I have been taking 20g of Fluxotine for four weeks today. I feel absolutely dreadful, my anxiety and depression is very high. Has anyone else experienced this? I keep having very bad thoughts, I do not want to die but I cannot live like this. I am ruled by fear. I have been to a councillor who made things worse (she asked me to fill out a questionnaire, a couple of the questions were, where you sexually abused as a child, when do you think you will die, etc). Really freaked me out. I saw a hypnotist on Saturday which didn’t do much for me. I am so desperate to get better. Shall I continue with the medication? I have been in such a panic I have called 111. I feel like I want to be in a hospital and monitored.
Old 21st July 2015, 22:35

Default Re: Help... Fluoxetine

Hi missirene
I'm sorry you have been having such a horrible time. I have, in the past been as far down as you can go but I can also say that there is most definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Your suffering might perhaps be an encouragement to face why you are feeling depressed and anxious. Would contacting the Samaritans help? Externalising issues by talking to someone about them might help.
Could I also applaud you for making the post. We all send you our very best wishes.
Old 24th July 2015, 18:24

Mood
Happy

Hi missirene,

Really sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I had a very similar experience with my GP's, but once I finally got the right medication it did wonders for me. It didn't start working until about a month or so after I'd started it, but after a while I really noticed a difference. I write a blog here where I share useful tips for dealing with anxiety and depression, having gone through it and come out the other side myself. I really would recommend Anxiety UK, they are the reason I am better now! They put me in touch with the most wonderful therapist for phone CBT, and I've never looked back! Feel free to message me if you want to chat

xx
Old 11th August 2015, 21:08

Mood
Balanced

You need to speak to your doctor, about your medication, I was in the same situation as you a few years back and it took 4 months for the medication to kick in and I found cutting out caffeine helped with controlling the symptoms of anxiety.
Old 14th August 2015, 17:26

Mood
Bitching

drugs affect people differently.

20mg of fluxoteine for me, made me sweat a lot and not really care.
but each person is different