Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th April 2014, 03:03

Mood
Alienated

Default FOOD

Though this might be a good place for this as we know all the young students on here will be eating pot noodles and mcdonalds (just a joke incase any of you youngsters venture into our inner sanctum ).
A place to swap recipes, chat about long gone favourates or foods which have changed for the worst (lets face it none of our chocolate tastes the same now its foreign) or the better (microwave meals dont just taste of cardboard anymore), any foody topics really.

The first thing i would like to talk about is the way in which we have opened up to foreign foods, it was the early 80's and i had left home before i ever tried rice (other than pudding or breakfast cereal), pasta or noodles. Infact my first foray away from chips or mash was a VESTA MEAL BEEF RISOTTO, they are still going incase anyone is wondering. This was prob followed by a birds eye or finders frozen spagg bol, i remember back then you got the bolognese sauce which was frozen and was "boil in the bag" and a handfull of uncooked spaghetti which you added to the pan of boiling water later.
These days i cook Thai, Chinesse, Italian & Mexican from scratch and am always looking for new recipes to try, tho i still have my Bangers & Mash days.
Old 15th April 2014, 23:26

Mood
Balanced

Default Re: FOOD

As a child my biggest treat was going out for a burger at our local Wimpy bar which was served on a plate with a knife and fork and pudding was American pancakes and syrup or a knickerbocker glory. and it still took a lot of whinging to get mum to buy some Birds eye beef burgers to have at home.
Old 16th April 2014, 04:37

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: FOOD

Oh god yes the wimpy bar, we used to have one in sheffield, it's a burger king now i think