SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 18th February 2021, 11:01

Default Healthcare workers with social/performance anxiety?

Hi, I worked in healthcare and I’d love to find other healthcare workers who also suffer/suffered with anxiety, especially at work, I can’t be the only one?
Old 23rd February 2021, 00:06

Default Re: Healthcare workers with social/performance anxiety?

Hi DJ60, welcome to the forum. I am not a healthcare worker, but I'm sure you can't be the only one.
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:00

Hi Choirgirl. Thank you.
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:06

Welcome to the forum!, I did work in healthcare for a bit, but unfortunately I wasn't able to continue that job as I found it just too stressful, I did work bad hours in a particularly intense environment and also around subjects which were uniquely triggering for me, So I hope this isn't discouraging for you, I will say at least in my experience of working in mental health care, the number of my colleagues who also had some kind of history of anxiety and depression was very common
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:20

Hello Veni Vidi Vado, thank you for your reply, you are the first person I have “ met” who has also had similar problems, unfortunately I gave up my career because of (what I know now) is anxiety in certain situations, and it’s too late now, I have tried to go back but without professional help so failed again but I wish I had got more help and could have continued. I feel bad that with the covid epidemic I’m not able to go back to work and help. Years ago mental health wasn’t talked about so much and the stigma was so great that I didn’t let on how I was occasionally struggling as I was too ashamed and embarrassed to admit it, and thought I’d be asked to leave as not suited to the work! I see now this was part of the condition. I’m interested to hear that anxiety and depression in mental health workers was or is very common too. Thanks again.
Old 14th March 2021, 20:26

Hi,

I work in healthcare as a Healthcare Assistant and I am also studying Adult Nursing. I have GAD and SA.
Old 15th March 2021, 10:42

Thank you Rose2014, can I ask if and how GAD and SA have impacted on your work and studies at all?
Old 7th May 2021, 13:42

A newbie here and also a healthcare worker in a part time mental health role. Part time is the only way I can manage my work anxiety with the kind of work I do. Like others if I had recognised the anxiety at an earlier date and got the support for it that I needed I would have been able to achieve much more on a professional level to be honest.
Old 7th May 2021, 15:01

Thank you LAWays.