SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th June 2011, 14:23

Default how embarrassing. caught in the act.

today i was trying on a kids war helmet and shield in the changing room of our shop when the shop was empty. only our manageress came out and must have seen. how embarrassing for someone with social anxiety. I mean im a guy who wouldnt even walk down the street with headphones in because i would feel self conscious. Im slightly concerned my manageress was a bit freaked out by this (im pretty sure she saw). I noticed she couldnt look me in the eye afterwards. And at teh end she asked me about job interviews etc. and i explained i had one a week back and she said its good to get an interview at least to keep up confidence etc. maybe im putting two and two together and coming to conclusions. but the mindfulness meditation i have been doing just taught me to just laugh internally about it really - like saying to myself yes you are mad arent you, but it is what it is. i got to admit though it was a bit difficult for me to look manageress in the eye afterwards too.
Old 29th June 2011, 15:14

Default Re: how embarrassing. caught in the act.

Don't worry! Everyone does things they wouldn't normally do when there are no people around. I was walking through my local park once, it was empty and I and saw a middle aged man on a skateboard. I didn't have a problem with it lol, but once he noticed I had seen him, he instantly went red, and just laughed it off. "I was just testing it for my son"
Old 29th June 2011, 16:53

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMorbid
Don't worry! Everyone does things they wouldn't normally do when there are no people around. I was walking through my local park once, it was empty and I and saw a middle aged man on a skateboard. I didn't have a problem with it lol, but once he noticed I had seen him, he instantly went red, and just laughed it off. "I was just testing it for my son"
This is upsetting. Everyone should skateboard.

If your manageress was cool, Waine, she would have taken up arms and declared "en garde!"
Old 29th June 2011, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorld
If your manageress was cool, Waine, she would have taken up arms and declared "en garde!"
That made me smile
Old 29th June 2011, 20:04

Mood
Question

When I read the title of this I thought you might have been caught having sex
Old 29th June 2011, 23:17

Mood
Breezy

Ah don't sweat it too much! I've been caught knocking one off before, now that's embarrassing!
Old 30th June 2011, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becjane
When I read the title of this I thought you might have been caught having sex
^Oh I've been cought having sex! CRINGE!!
Old 30th June 2011, 12:18

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplodocus
Ah don't sweat it too much! I've been caught knocking one off before, now that's embarrassing!
Lol, that's what i thought this thread was about

I think you're worrying unnecessarily about this Waine. It's funny, just shows you have a playful side to you. It's human A few weeks back, I was horrified to find that there is now CCTV in the upstairs office and as I was going about my work, I kept seeing myself on the screen. I was feeling like sh*t and it bothered me so much that in a moment of rage, I went up to it and did a rude gesture. Turned out that it was just being tested before being put somewhere else, and for a week I was mortified and worrying that someone would go through the film to make sure the thing's working, and they would see me doing that! I had to reason with myself that they would just find it funny and it's not the end of the world. Perhaps it would have been better for me if they had as it would have been an SA challenge to try and live it down.
Old 30th June 2011, 12:28
Banned

We've all been caught once in our lives trying on a helmet and shield when we thought no one was around. Dont be fretting.
Old 30th June 2011, 14:19

Mood
Angelic

aww waine, seriously this made me giggle. Ok I know we have not met, but we have shared a few private convo's, and you seem soooo much more positive than when I first spoke to you. Lol I think from a 'wannabe once psychologists' perspective you sound like you have becoming to become comfortable about yourself! You put on a funny helmet, as you found it amusing, you did this with the possibility that maybe people will be around! You sound like those 'normal' people we have talked about!!! Maybe your boss saw this too, maybe she feels you are maybe ready to go into that big 'normal' world? And this was her way of encouragement?? lol could be wrong (ha ha my huge SA prob in that I constantly think that I'm always wrong, and not worthy of any form of opinion) but who knows!!
Old 30th June 2011, 14:39

Mood
Cloud_9

I think by doing that its just showing your personality, and you just having a laugh, i mean if i saw dressing up clothes, i wouldn't hesitate to try it on, any normal manager would of had a giggle, and joined in. Just shows what a bore she is.
Old 30th June 2011, 14:57

Mood
Musical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emski
I think by doing that its just showing your personality, and you just having a laugh, i mean if i saw dressing up clothes, i wouldn't hesitate to try it on, any normal manager would of had a giggle, and joined in. Just shows what a bore she is.
This ^^^ I would find it hilarious, in a good way! I wouldn't worry about it at all pal.
Closed Thread