SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th August 2011, 11:57

Mood
Crappy

Default Is this you too?

I found this from a website someone referenced on this forum and it's so true about me....

"Another young man wants to go to parties and other social events---indeed, he is very, very lonely---but he never goes anywhere because he's very nervous about meeting new people. Too many people will be there and crowds only make things worse for him. The thought of meeting new people scares him---will he know what to say? Will they stare at him and make him feel even more insignificant? Will they reject him outright? Even if they seem nice, they're sure to notice his frozen look and his inability to fully smile. They'll sense his discomfort and tenseness and they won't like him --- there's just no way to win --- "I'm always going to be an outcast," he predicts. And he spends the night alone, at home, watching television again. He feels comfortable at home. In fact, home is the only place he does feel completely comfortable. He hasn't gone anywhere else in twelve years."
Old 9th August 2011, 14:44

Default Re: Is this you too?

Yep that's me.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:55

Not at all, I don't get invited to parties, I don't know where to meet new people, when I do just by chance I try my hardest to make a connection but it never happens.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:28

Mood
Musical

Aye
Old 9th August 2011, 20:13

Mood
Lurking

It's me to a T
Old 10th August 2011, 23:35

Yep that's me. I've been invited to work-related parties and every time I have regretted it. Every. Time.

I'm really glad that I got an XBox and started getting into games. I'd helps a lot
Closed Thread