SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 11th March 2008, 17:13

Default Something smoothing and some thoughts

What do you think of the music. Describe how it effects you in your own words. If not outloud then to yourself.

Its a relaxing scene with smoothing music to help reduce your stress levels.

I love to imagine playing the keys myself, since im a very creative and imaginative person. Powerfull stuff. Things like this wont help much when your in a stressfull situation but it might help calm you down afterwoods. Unless you got alot of time on your hands I think listening to smoothing music after an event has a more powerfull effect than beforehand. Otherwise anxiety can simply return whenever you enter a stressfull situation and might convince you it isnt working. While putting yourself in a calm state after a stressfull event can help reduce anxiety by putting a stop to the negative thought cycle. Hopefully even make you think of the positives. A step towards stopping the irrational by calming you to a more rational state of mind. Just spending a bit of our time to remove ourselves from our stressfull lives can be very refreshing and make you feel more powerfull. It helps remind us why are are here and what we want to achieve.

Anxiety hates that positive thinking shit. It hates excercise. It hates us thinking differently and 'wants us to hold onto our old belief system.' It doesnt want us to get better. It will do anything and everything to stop us. At first our minds will refuse to try anything new. It will try to convince us its not working by making us feel more anxiety and stress. So we have to think for ourselves or find help from others. Staying determined and ignoring all that bullshit. Learning new ways to think will benefit us. It hates us feeling calm and we should do more to excercise the belief we can live life without crippling anxiety and deserve better. Sometimes the negative feedback in your head can be so powerfull it takes someone else to tell you what you should do to put you in the right direction. Even I need this feedback sometimes because I learnt some pretty hefty mind blocks over the years. I dont always see the obvious thats right infront of my eyes untill someone else mentions is. Once you start realising this you might want to take more control over your life. You start to become the person you have always wanted to be.

Its more important than people think to feel calm and relax day by day. Time to reflect on our lifes and think about what we want to achieve. What we want. Its probably all the more important for people like us but all the tougher to achieve. Its easier to be skeptical and stay safe because thats what our condition is wanting us to do. We must force change and challenge it because thats what it doesnt want us to do. If we start feeling awkward thats probably a good thing and should stick to it. This is one of many things we should excercise daily for a full well rounded life.

This belongs in the lounge because it isnt a ontopic anxiety discussion. Lounge is somewhere people are more layed back.
Closed Thread