SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th April 2022, 03:42

Default Studying, volunteering etc.

I would be very grateful if anyone would be able to help about my options, in terms out going to an adult education centre, college, or online learning.

What happens now if I was enrol on a course.

I think it would be beneficial for me to retake my GCSE maths exam, also possibly some accountancy, or IT course, as I have big gaps in my CV.

In addition to the studying, does anyone volunteer, as I was thinking this could also be a good thing to do, I thought a local food bank, or the citizens advice might be an option.

but I am good A thinking about all the things I should do but in practice my overthinking/anxious brain doesn't all play ball.

What are colleges like with people who suffer with severe anxiety, are they understanding etc.

Thanks for reading this.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 7th April 2022, 17:42

Default Re: Studying, volunteering etc.

^Thank you for your reply, I would have be a evening learner or part time one, would this still apply?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 7th April 2022, 18:32

I've volunteered at CA and it was overall a good experience. They put me on reception, though, so it's not for the faint-hearted. I've also volunteered at RNIB at their local library outlet and that was also a good experience, and less scary. In the past I've also volunteered at a regular library and at a cat shelter.
Old 7th April 2022, 18:53
Banned at own request

I’m currently thinking about volunteering and maybe going back to study to improve my prospects ect.

I once had an interview at the Citizens Advice, I never got the role but it did look interesting.

When I went to college about 18 years ago (makes me feel old saying that),there was a support worker there that helped some of the people In the class with their work ect.

I think most colleges now have a mental well-being coach to help people. The courses on offer for adult learning at my local college range from carpentry to general IT level.

A few colleges in my local area do part time adult courses and evening classes, from what I’ve seen they are very flexible to accommodate as many people as possible.