SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th May 2005, 20:26
badlydrawnboy

Default Hi

Hi, first time poster here, I've been reading these boards for a while now and thought I should post something myself.

I've been suffering from SA for a number of years now, although I probably didn't realise it for the majority of the time. It's a relief to read through all these threads and realise I'm not alone in my struggles. I'm 25 now and still hopelessly single, which isn't likely to change anytime soon. I'm finding that SA holds me back in so many ways and prevents me from really enjoying life the way I would like to.

Anyway, I hope everyone here is doing alright, it would be nice to chat to some new people who can relate to leading the lonely life that SA brings on (cue the violins!).

Rob [1 edits; Last edit by badlydrawnboy at 19:33:24 Mon Jun 13 2005]
Old 30th May 2005, 20:42
gSteve

Default Re: Hi

Hi, welcome (Emote: smileyellow)
Old 30th May 2005, 21:52
introverted_guy

Hiya Rob! (Emote: wave)
Old 30th May 2005, 21:58
anne123456

Hi Rob, hope to see you keep posting. Many of us can relate to what you are going through.
Anne
Old 31st May 2005, 00:53
Grunt_Futtock

Hi Rob, welcome to SA-UK (Emote: wave)
Old 31st May 2005, 11:12
cavycrazy

Hi there!!! Welcome to the site!!! (Emote: smile)

Old 31st May 2005, 11:37
Shaz82

Hello Rob (Emote: wave) welcome to sauk (Emote: smile)
Old 31st May 2005, 14:39
jontyboyoh

Hi, mate! 'Hopelesly Single' are a couple of words that often spring to mind about me too..... There's more to life than this though.... Keep your chin up and remember its a marathon not a sprint; a journey!
Old 31st May 2005, 16:43
badlydrawnboy

Thanks for the welcome everyone, cheers
Old 31st May 2005, 18:47
greenade

Hi Rob,

There are a lot of people here who can relate to everything you say, welcome to the site, hope you get some help here like i have...these people are wonderful (Emote: smile)

Adrian
Old 5th June 2005, 11:18
annie1

Hi Rob, welcome to the site (Emote: roundnround)
Old 11th June 2005, 21:49
gills11

Hi Rob,
I understand exactly how you feel. At this rate, I'm probarly going to die alone - Saturday night and I am sitting alone like last Saturday and the one before that etc etc for a couple of years! I have been very single for nearly 8 years. Ok, had to take a momment to recover from that realisation - I didn't think it had been that long. However, rather than reaching for something chocolate, I am quietly optimistic that advice and confidence gained from this board will help me to get out there and meet people. If all fails, there is a convent nearby and I look quite good in black....

Take care,
Gillian
Old 13th June 2005, 20:28
badlydrawnboy

Hi Gillian,

Sounds very much like a typical Saturday night for me as well! Still, I don't think we're the only ones.

I did actually go on a date the other day (shock, horror!), which went ok, but I got the obligatory "lets just be friends" speech the day after which didn't come as a surprise. Still, its always good to make a new friend and we do seem to get on quite well.
Old 14th June 2005, 16:50
magika

welcome to the site(Emote: smile)
Closed Thread