Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 11th May 2007, 17:32

Default Re: games anyone is playing

mostly like racing games, but don't really make enough time for games

i play grand prix 3 & 4 every now and then
grand prix legends with joypad
had a few hours fun out of the "flat out 2" pc demo

grand turismo 4 i'd like to play more, but seem to get bored of it quickly even though its really good

far cry and call of duty i've spend a lot of time at in the past
Old 11th May 2007, 18:01

Mood
Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross PK
I've been thinking about getting the ol' Dreamcast out again and playing Resident Evil 2 or the ol' Atari.
Yeah, man, do it!
I've been playing on me old gameboy games, and have bought a few on ebay lately that i had years ago, - man, i LOVE Alfred Chicken!

Games aren't what they used to be...

As for this new generation of consoles, the only one that grabs me is the Wii, 'cause not only do you get Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Wario, and Metroid games on Nintendo, but it's doing stuff that hasn't been done before, giving us new ways to play...

....And the sequel to my favourite game EVER is coming out on it!
NiGHTS!!!!!!!!!

Man, i gotta get a Wii soon!
Old 11th May 2007, 18:23

^ Love your avatar. I used to have loads of those stuck all over my bedroom cupboard, they were mainly series 1.
Old 15th May 2007, 03:31
d

Been playing Oblivion and I could do with some help. I went to sleep near some woods and woke up as a vampire the next morning! My characters skin has gone all pale and I'm losing health points during daylight. Does anyone know how to break this curse?
Old 15th May 2007, 03:55

There's a pain the arse quest you should be able to activate after you've caught the disease by talking to a random villager. Also, if you catch it early enough before you have a dream you can use a Cure Disease potion I think or use a Chapel to cure yourself.

Unless you're on the PS3, the easiest and fastest way is to download the Deepscorn Hollow add-on from Live. It's a Vampire hideout where you can change at will.

More information on vampirism can be found here (also a really good Wiki resource for all things Oblivion-like):

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampires
Old 15th May 2007, 17:36
d

Cheers for that link Concept!

I've decided to load an old save because that vampire curism quest is a pain in the arse and I kept dying during the day. I think I should be able to download a similar add on from the Sony network, it's just that i'm not registered yet because I don't have an ethernet adaptor.
Old 15th May 2007, 23:07

I think they're still trying to work the kinks out on how to deliver it over PSN, but it's certainly coming. You can walk about in sunlight as a vampire but you have to feed regularly (also helps repair skin decay). The Talos Plaza and the Elven Garden's Districts usually have lots of houses you can quietly break into at night if you want to drain people.
Old 16th May 2007, 10:49

Halo 3 Beta today. Any other non-multiplayer 360 gamers out there looking to hook up?

I've got anxiety about using headsets usually in the few random games I've played before, an the usual American gamefaqs-styled smack talk puts me off.
Old 16th May 2007, 16:38
d

Gonna have to take a little break from Oblivion, it's just too addictive and there's loads to do. I thought Final Fantasy 12 was a big game but this wipes the floor with it.

Been looking at Resistance: Fall of Man by Sony. It might be next on my list, could do with some nice FPS action.
Old 16th May 2007, 16:44

I put Gran Turismo 4 on last night, and it said my save file was corrupted, so of course it couldn't load it. I was around 68% through it too.

So I basically had to start all over again.

So, this is what is going to take up all of my game playing time from now on, just wan't to try and get back to where I was as soon as I can.
Old 16th May 2007, 16:49
d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross PK
I put Gran Turismo 4 on last night, and it said my save file was corrupted, so of course it couldn't load it. I was around 68% through it too.

So I basically had to start all over again.

So, this is what is going to take up all of my game playing time from now on, just wan't to try and get back to where I was as soon as I can.
That happened to me with F.E.A.R. I was halfway through the game but switched it off while it was saving and the next time i tried loading, the file was corrupted. I didn't have any other saves either so I had to start again from the beginning.
Old 16th May 2007, 17:07

Yeah, I figured I must have turned the console off while it was saving. I've never actually done anything like that before and I can't remember doing it, but it seems like the most likely reason.

I just hope it didn't corrupt on it's own.

My San Andreas save file kept messing up too about 6 months ago, I think it was because of my PS2 not working properly.

The first time it messed up it still loaded, but the game was always behaving bizzarely, so I made a video of it.

Old 16th May 2007, 22:23

You know, I think before jumping next gen (that's if 360's become more reliable or the PS3 becomes sucsessful) I want to at least complete all my videogames that I've already got and unlock everything in them, it would feel a bit of a waste otherwise.
Old 16th May 2007, 22:41
d

I had about 60 unplayed copied PS2 games when I got rid of it just before christmas.
Old 16th May 2007, 22:46

I used to have loads of copied games on my old Atari. I prefer to have the original games though now, it's nice having the whole package, and the thought of playing a copy just seems as though it'd lose a ceratain something.
Old 16th May 2007, 22:50
d

Yeah, It's nice to have a DVD/CD rack full of original dvd's and games.
Old 17th May 2007, 01:44

I've given up trying to complete my backlog. There ended up being too much stuff I'd simply not played or given up on partway through.
Old 17th May 2007, 18:29
d

My OCD kicks in when playing Oblivion. I have to search everywhere, talk to every person and fully complete every side quest, otherwise I start obsessing . And when I start obsessing, I just wanna drink until I pass out.
Old 17th May 2007, 18:37

Mood
Lucky

^Don't play The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction then. The amount of destructible background objects in that game really brings out the OCD in me. Everything gets f*cked up when I play that(!)
Old 18th May 2007, 12:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteme
Does anyone else have their OCD sparked up while playing RTS games? Working through Command and Conquer 3 at the minute, and it's not so bad, but Viva Pinata and Battle for Middle Earth 2 just messed with my head. There's something about not having direct control and only being able to approximate actions that plays merry hell with my mind, and how you have to be thinking of twelve different things at a time.
I got fatigue playing C&C 3's demo but that's how it is with a lot of games these days. Anywhere, where are you? You're not honestly skipping Halo 3's Beta are you?
Old 18th May 2007, 12:25

You're missing out. Had four games so far. Been getting killed a lot, but that's to be expected since I barely touch the multiplayer aspect of Live. Bar one game with your stereotypical Live users, it's been impressive.

Plays like Halo but with a few added twists (equipment, return of the AR, change of control scheme) and has slightly non-next-gen expected graphics (lovely water though). Overall, it's not bad from what I've played.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:48

New gaming channel on Sky, guys. 291.
Old 18th May 2007, 16:19
d

Has anyone played Zelda: Twilight Princess? I've had it for a few weeks now but I've hardly touched it. I'm thinking about part exchanging it for Resistance: Fall of Man.

I need to get an ethernet adaptor so that I can register with the playstation network and download Gran Turismo HD. It's not the full Gran Turismo 5 but it does show the PS3's high end graphics.
Old 18th May 2007, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by d
Has anyone played Zelda: Twilight Princess? I've had it for a few weeks now but I've hardly touched it. I'm thinking about part exchanging it for Resistance: Fall of Man.
You might as well do. No point in storing up games that you're not interested in anymore.

I've played Zelda: Ocarina Of Time which I found boring as hell.

Spent about 5 minutes on Majora's Mask around a year ago and never touched it again.

I'm not a glutton for punishment, my mum bought me the two Zeldas.
Old 18th May 2007, 16:36
d

Ocarina of Time was a classic in my opinion! I remember those days . I didn't think too much of windwaker on the gamecube though, infact I thought it was pretty shite.
Old 1st June 2007, 11:38

Playing a game called Sins of the Solar empire at the moment, which is a Homeworld / Civilization hybrid. It still in an early beta at the moment but very enjoyable. I am a big sucker for huge space craft shooting the crap out of each other.

Also, really looking forward to Assasins Creed, the new trailer just makes me want it that little bit more:

Old 6th June 2007, 00:15

Mood
Thinking

Sorry to gatecrash the serious game posts, but Guitar Hero II is dominating my life at the moment. The game is dangerously addictive, seriously. Play it for too long and your eyes go crazy. The TV starts floating about and everything! Very cool game!
Old 6th June 2007, 15:17

Anyone with an xbox 360 ever had to send it to Microsoft for repairs? Mine has started crashing all the time lately and after contacting support i have been told to send it do them. I just wondered how long the process usually takes and if there is anything i should be aware of?
Old 6th June 2007, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by muteme
Re: Shadowrun... Hurrah! 13 kill streak, no deaths. It's funny how my opinion of a game can rise when I happen to be good at it.

I've never liked Capture the Flag before, but it really, really works in this game.
After playing that for a while would you recommened it? I am considering buying it, once my xbox is fixed that is.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:33
d

Resistance: Fall of Man looks amazing on a HDTV, even in 720p resolution. I can't wait for the 1080i supported games to come out.

My router should arrive tomorrow so I should be able to connect to the PSN network and download Gran Turismo HD concept which supports 1080i. Can't wait for the 40 men online play on Resistance when I connect to the network. It's certainly the best FPS game i've played.
Closed Thread