SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 17th July 2006, 00:31

Mood
Worried

Default Ametryptaline

Anyone on this? Or have you taken it in the past?

Last October my doc gave me the lowest dosage of this to help calm down my bowels as he said something in my brain is making my bowels work overtime..

I took it for about 2 days..And hated it.. I could not function. I was a zombie the first day.

And I still am when I take it.. I'm trying to take it again now but it makes me feel awful. I can't do anything..I have no motivation to do anything and stare into thin air. When someone asks me a question i just stare and go 'dunno'. It's scary.

My doc put me on a lower dosage type thing..Told me to cut the tablets in half so they'll work without making me into something from Night of the Living Dead..But half a pill does nothing and a whole pill makes me feel emotionally paralyzed.

It scares me because I feel its blocking my emotions..Like i'm in a cage when I take them. I can feel myself wanting to cry or something but can't. I spoke to my uncle who took them for a little while and he agrees about the cage thing.

Just wondering if anyone else has taken them? How do you cope with everyday life while trying to get used to them?
Old 18th July 2006, 01:57

Mood
Angelic

Default Re: Ametryptaline

I was given it when coming off a large dose of benzos and I hated it. I stopped taking it after a week but the benzo withdrawal must have made things a lot worse.
Old 18th July 2006, 10:44
Shallah

Default Re: Ametryptaline

Hello ShyDoll I spent 3 yrs on it, It was pretty bad when I first started it, I felt awful for about 2 wks, I was on 75mgs a day, but once I got over the first couple of weeks, I did settle down and I felt it did make me feel better, coming off was a very slow process tho, it's not the sort of drug you can just stop, it took me about 4mths to ween myself off.
Closed Thread