SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 4th January 2010, 08:49

Default Am I weak?

I was on my way to college and just like everyday I buy a train ticket. When was at the station there was huge lines of people. So I joined the back of the line and waited in the freezing cold. After waiting for ages I finally asked to buy a ticket and the guy says "that line is for the ticket machine" even though he served a guy ahead of me. I looked to the other line and saw a lot people waiting, I looked back at the guy who has been working here for ages and obviously wasn't going to serve me. I said "Fu*k this" quietly and just walked off home. The trains are delayed as well.

Now I am at home missing the 1st day of a new semester. I really really hate my social anxiety.
Old 4th January 2010, 09:11

Mood
Inspired

Thumbs down Re: Am I weak?

Are you weak? For what..
erm, no you're not, you're just anxious, i used to hate queuing (sp i know) to buy a train ticket when i was at college, hated the way everyone looked and felt self conscious thinking they were watching me selecft my ticket etc. But they wouldn't have been ofc, and when it wouldn't give me the ticket etc, all the hassle.

So you waited in line and the guy told you to go to another queue? well.. you were maybe in the wrong queue or maybe he was being awkwardm, i suppose that's what you're worrying about, that he picked on you deliberately, tbh probably wouldn't have.

Trains and using them in general are annoying. It's a shame you didn't go to college, could nobody else have taken you? sad to miss the 1st day back. You were a bit silly to walk away imo, but you let sa get in there and make you too anxious to stick around after being confronted. :rolleyes: damn thing eh!
Old 4th January 2010, 09:11

Default Re: Am I weak?

@J-Dog - The part where I'm standing in front of a lot of people and didn't say anything to the moron behind the glass.

I know I was silly to walk away but I was annoyed how the queue was lined up to the ticket booth and not the machine. When a guy in front of me gets served and I don't. How annoyed would you be?

Anyway I have a lot of assessments to do now and I am tired, cold, sad and I haven't been able to sleep for 3 days.
Closed Thread