SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd June 2010, 10:04

Mood
Bored

Default Amisulpride

I was prescribed this last week by a psychiatrist and wondered if anyone has come across it. I am on 50mg twice a day and can double it if necessary. I am not sure what to think of it. It was prescribed for my anxiety as the the psych thought that it was my anxiety that was causing me to be so depressed.

It's definitely working as I'm not anxious now. I find that I'm not anticipating things and over-worrying or practicing for different outcomes. It's quite a relief and yesterday I found myself worrying (but not too much :rolleyes that I'm not worrying! Who's going to do my worrying if I'm not doing it :rolleyes:!!!!

I started taking a beta-blocker last week for a heart condition and I'm not sure which it is, but one of the pills is making me feel a bit brain-dead though. I feel slow. I know that a beta-blocker will do this but not sure if the other one will too.

Anyone come across Amisulpride?
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:34

Default Re: Amisulpride

My partner takes it to prevent psychosis (he's schizophrenic), 1000mg a day over 5 doses. He says it's worked the best out of other anti-psychotics he's been given before and has been taking it around seven years. It doesn't do much for his anxiety though.
Closed Thread