SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th September 2013, 21:37

Default Re: TV programs you're watching?

Blackadder. Can't believe I've never really got into it before. I've worked backwards from series 4 and now starting the first series. I was already familiar with series 2,3 and 4, but I don't think I've ever seen the first series - is it ever played on Gold?

Its great to see so many different people in it. For example, in episode 1 series 1, it has Peter Cook and Brian Blessed!
Old 18th September 2013, 09:49

Currently watching.....breaking bad,dexterand season 4 of weeds. I then want to watch boardwalk empire. Oh! I'm also watching season 6 of SOA
Old 19th September 2013, 12:58

Hey, any IT Crowd fans should set their VCRs to record on Sept 27th as the show will return for a one-off final episode on that night!

Old 19th September 2013, 13:14

Mood
Bored

Re-watching Frasier. Managed to get through a whole season in one sitting last night.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:58

Mood
Dreaming

Default Re: Re: TV programs you're watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex652
Blackadder. Can't believe I've never really got into it before. I've worked backwards from series 4 and now starting the first series. I was already familiar with series 2,3 and 4, but I don't think I've ever seen the first series - is it ever played on Gold?

Its great to see so many different people in it. For example, in episode 1 series 1, it has Peter Cook and Brian Blessed!
I don't think people like the first series much so it's never played. I have only seen series 1 once years ago, can barely remember it. The others I've seen countless times.

I'm currently watching Breaking Bad, Sarah Connor Chronicles and The X Files. I feel I should start watching Fringe as so many people say it's great. I tried watching the pilot once and it annoyed me, but I should probably give it more of a chance. It's a genre I normally like.
Old 19th September 2013, 14:22

^Fringe is a great show. The first time I watched it was a random episode and I didn't think much of it but I was recommended it by a friend so watched from the beginning. It really is worth a watch.

Thanks for the heads up about The IT Crowd Omar
Old 19th September 2013, 14:50

^You're welcome, HelloTiger.

I am watching In Bed With MeDinner. I found a site with about 40 episodes on there- absolutely made my year it has.
This episode i'm watching now features the single most cringe-worthy thing any man has ever said to any woman on a date, ever!
It's a blind date at a nice restaurant, they are both middle-aged, middle class, middle everything. Within five minutes of sitting down the fella's talking about men's high libidos, which leads on to a discussion between them about women's underarm hair. After a bit of confusion as to whether the woman finds underarm hair disgusting or not the fella, between a mouthful of brussels sprouts, says in favour of it "Well I think it's good because it's like you've got three minges innit?". I'm pretty sure I heard the chef out in the kitchen drop a tray full of cutlery in shock.

:O
Old 19th September 2013, 14:57

Mood
Melancholy

^ I love In Bed With MeDinner! I've got some of them on DVD (from a fan who made them) and get them out to have a chuckle sometimes.
Bob Mills was fantastic on that show.

One of my favourite bits was Paul Sykes, saying how he punched a shark in the f*cking earhole.

Old 19th September 2013, 15:14

^Ok you are the first person i have ever known who loves that show too, this means that i automatically love you. I have watched the few youtube clips so many times, and it never gets old.

The Paul Sykes stuff is hilarious. My favourite bit from the show was the drunks in the snow (starts around 1:50), and the bear suit guy.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:20

Mood
Melancholy

Oh my God, the drunks in the snow .
And the woman who thought he was from the council, telling him about the damp in her mother's passage. And the police dog they got into the loft and then couldn't get back down again.
Probably one of the few shows that I laugh out loud at - even the stupid bits he does with the microwave.

I may have a bit of an indulge with them all later.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:28

^The damp in her mother's passage aye, she didn't get what he meant when he picked her up on that. I don't remember the police dog in the loft, i guess i have that to look forward to.

Induge! Indulge!
Here's the main channel on youtube for vids and also the same guy's site where he has a lot of episodes available to download:
http://www.youtube.com/user/medinner/videos
http://www.medinner.co.uk/
Old 19th September 2013, 15:29

Mood
Melancholy

Thanks lovely - will save me searching for my DVD's. x
Old 19th September 2013, 15:36

^You're welcome. If you find any particularly hilarious clips/episodes make sure that you direct me to them.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:45

Mood
Dreaming

Default Re: Re: TV programs you're watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
^Fringe is a great show. The first time I watched it was a random episode and I didn't think much of it but I was recommended it by a friend so watched from the beginning. It really is worth a watch.
That's good to know, thanks. I've heard others say it is slow to start but gets really good. I'll make it my next show to watch and try to stick with it!
Old 19th September 2013, 15:50

Mood
Melancholy

^^ This is where I got the DVDs from. Just in case you ever wanted to know.

http://www.inbedwithmedinner.com/DVDs.html
Old 19th September 2013, 16:40

^Ta I just found the episode with the dog in the loft too. Gonna watch it now.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little
I am watching In Bed With MeDinner.
Wow, I used to watch that late at night years ago. Love Bob Mills
Old 19th September 2013, 16:57

^Another fan on here, it's like buses you never see one and then two show up at once! Come one, come all, come with uncle and hear all proper, i love any fan of that show.
Best show ever. I was never happier than when I was an insomnia suffering teenager watching that show alone in the dark early hours as the world outside slept.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:16

Quote:
I was never happier than when I was an insomnia suffering teenager watching that show alone in the dark early hours as the world outside slept.
Same here. Other notable night time delights were James Whale and TV Offal with the gay daleks

Old 19th September 2013, 17:24

Mood
Melancholy

Quote:
^Another fan on here, it's like buses you never see one and then two show up at once! Come one, come all, come with uncle and hear all proper, i love any fan of that show.
Best show ever. I was never happier than when I was an insomnia suffering teenager watching that show alone in the dark early hours as the world outside slept.
Blimey, that's made me feel old. Even when the first series came out, I was 25 and had a kid.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh
Same here. Other notable night time delights were James Whale and TV Offal with the gay daleks

I never saw that, but that must be where Russell Brand got 'white wee-wee' from, he's always saying that in that voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by azura
Blimey, that's made me feel old. Even when the first series came out, I was 25 and had a kid.
Aww, but the gap between a teenager and a 25 year old ain't so much. It's not like you were 50 when it was on.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:47

Quote:
I never saw that, but that must be where Russell Brand got 'white wee-wee' from, he's always saying that in that voice
Aye, and experminate
Old 21st September 2013, 00:14

Mood
Amused

I was quite enjoying Family Tree but missed the last episode and Virgin catch-up are only showing the HD edition (which I'm not subscribed to, the b***ards!!!). Not Guests' best work (Waiting For Guffman and Best In Show are hilarious) but I'll probably get the DVD, just to see the end.

Aside from that, I was watching Zeleb Big Brother, which morphed nicely into Zeleb Super-Spa but now that's all over and I've got another 3 months before I get anymore celeb-trash-telly (I'm A Zeleb).

Oooh, yes watching Wentworth, which is fabulous, not as fabulous as the original, obviously, which I'm still in the process of watching. Tonight's episode involved Rita the Beater and Joan The Freak Ferguson having yet another showdown only for yet another anti-climax.

I was watching that town under the dome thing as well but it started to fall apart by episode 3 for me, it just felt a bit unrealistic and generic thriller.
Old 21st September 2013, 00:27

Mainstream would be an understatement, but Breaking Bad... love that show.
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:23

Mood
Dreaming

^ Argh!!! Spoiler alert!!!! Only finished season 2 of Dexter so far. Didn't really like series 2 though so not sure whether to continue....

I just finished watching Breaking Bad, also watching Sarah Connor Chronicles. Promised myself to give Fringe a chance next.
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:29
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Copper on lovefilm
Got Homeland on DVD to watch
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:30

Does anyone else like dont tell the bride on bbc 3. I love this show. Im not a huge fan of weddings but just love seeing the men try and organise a wedding in 3 weeks and the reaction on the brides face when she sees the dress and the wedding at the end
Old 3rd October 2013, 17:39

I found the BB finale most satisfying indeed, I've not been able to stop thinking about it all day. Bye, bye, Breaking Bad, you'll be missed.

I think we've been riding the high crest of good tv shows for a little too long now though; I reckon with the death of BB, and the dwindling down of other great shows like it, we are gonna take a rapid nosedive into a deep trough of nineties-inspired garbage- it's already happening. And the movie guys are gonna start muscling in on TV now too; i expect we'll be swamped in shite like that Marvel SHIELD thing, which was like something Sky One just sicked up after having it lodged in its throat since 1996.

Steve Merchant's new sitcom has just recently started, gonna give that a try now.
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:47

Gogglebox Strangely enjoyable.

Who would have thought that watching a TV programme about people watching a TV programme would be good?
Old 3rd October 2013, 23:18

Question Time. Daily Mail guy on panel really getting it.