SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 12th August 2007, 14:38

Default Some things I've done

OK, for some reason I've been really scared to post anything in the trophy room. So now I've worked up the courage to do it, I thought I'd mention a few of the positive things I've done since I started using this forum.

I went to a meet in Manchester (I think it was in May). I was pretty scared as I went in the door, but after chatting to people for a while (and a couple of pints of Guinness) it felt good. I even ended up having a completely random conversation with a stranger on the way home, while I was waiting for my train at Deansgate station.

At about the same time, I started playing saxophone in a band. I've stuck with it and have been going to rehearsals every week. We've played in public four times since I joined and I am starting to get to know people.

More recently, I have given my details to the Citizens Advice Bureau in the hope of doing some voluntary work for them. I am waiting for them to get back to me.

Yesterday, I went out for a walk in the country, as it was such a nice day. I sometimes find this difficult, as people passing me will often say hello, whereas they would just ignore me on a city street. I passed a few people, so I smiled, made eye contact, and said hello back. I also had a conversation with a lady who was looking for the rest of her family.

When I'd finished my walk I was really thirsty so I went and got a drink in a cafe. I find this really difficult if I am on my own (even though I'm fine if I am with family or friends). I had a bit of a glance around at the other people there, and I didn't rush off, I just sat there until I felt comfortable.

So, anyway, just a few things I have done.
Old 12th August 2007, 15:26

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: Some things I've done

Well done ajc - all positive stuff
Old 13th August 2007, 18:09

thats great

I am a bit nervous about posting my own triumphs aswell... but maybe I will after this
Old 14th August 2007, 10:24

thats great! You sound like you are being really proactive in confronting your sa issues.
Old 14th August 2007, 19:08

Thanks for your comments everyone.
Closed Thread