Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd August 2010, 20:05
Banned

Default Football Season 10/11

Firstly i'd like to say TORRES IS STAYING

So how confident are you with your club for the upcoming season? Best signings so far?
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:10
Banned (at own request)

Default Re: Football Season 10/11

sunderland

titus bramble is an ok signing and cristian rivaros looks a very interesting signing

however like last season i fear a year of underachievment
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:43

Mood
Torn

Doesn't look like Everton are spending any money at all!

If everyone important stays (Arteta, Jageilka, Pienaar, Saha, Fellaini) and don't get too badly hit by injuries then a top 6 place could be on the cards.
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:46

Mood
Blah

I have totally lost all track of football. Does anybody have any news on Newcastle? They thoroughly deserved to win their place back in the Premiership. Have they made any new singings or anything worth telling?
Old 4th August 2010, 22:39
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

Looking forward to Spurs winning the league this season!

Seriously though, looking forward to the new season but a bit apprehensive as there's going to be a number of teams up there this year.

Just hope for Champions League group stages, good cup runs and hopefully finishing 4th again. Will be tough, expect Man City and Liverpool to come a lot closer this year.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:14

Was more excited about Leeds new season in the championship then the world cup, really looking forward to see how we get on in this league now really glad are first game is on BBC. :D
Old 4th August 2010, 23:16

can't get myself too excited about this season. Probably still football overload having the world cup and all.
Old 5th August 2010, 00:16

Mood
Blah

35yrold Sol Campbell to the toon. Was it a free transfer? If he can get himself in shape..then I think he'll be good for experience. Though I hope they didnt pay stupid money for him.
Old 5th August 2010, 09:44

Mood
Blah

man united is my club

I think man city will do well again this season

I think Liverpool have made some good signings the past few weeks and a few players committing themselves to the club again for the next season which is good news. I would like to see liverpool back up there battling the top 3/4 again.

I think the league is getting harder, probably will multi million pound buyouts, like man city etc. arsenal and liverpool haven't been playing as well the past few seasons so man city, spurs etc have got a chance to catch up, even everton and villa. I would like to see a top 6 rather than a top 2-4
Old 5th August 2010, 11:59

Mood
Tired

Well I support Blackpool and I don't think we've bought anyone yet - only got about 16 players in the squad. Just happy to be there I guess I'm being optimistic though and I think we'll finish 17th
Old 5th August 2010, 12:15

Mood
Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSeeker
35yrold Sol Campbell to the toon. Was it a free transfer? If he can get himself in shape..then I think he'll be good for experience. Though I hope they didnt pay stupid money for him.
They signed Dan Gosling who is meant to be a promising midfielder (from Everton). However, no doubt, he is hyped simply because he's English.

I think the Toon will struggle. If Carroll can't get goals, I wonder how Newcastle will win games.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:27

Mood
Blah

Alot of my northern Irish friends are toon supporters, always have been, I probably know more toon supporters than Liverpool. Anyway, for their sakes I hope they do well and break the top 10. It's not impossible
Old 9th August 2010, 20:29

Mood
Thinking

Martin O'Neill quitting was a bit of a shock

wonder who will replace him...Big Ron?
Old 9th August 2010, 21:12

Mood
Breezy

Steve Staunton surely
Old 9th August 2010, 22:10

Mood
Blah

Whats the betting Sven Goran Eriksson tries to bag the Villa hotseat.
Old 9th August 2010, 22:36

really annoyed about the leaving of MON. I like him as a manager, his purchases and what hes done with the team. To just leave after building all this up is just madness although I can see his reasoning though. Its as soon as a big team starts sniffing they lose their best players- first Barry, next Milner and there were rumours of Ashley Young going as well.

Anyway big ask to replace him who'd get Villa 6th. I can't see them breaking the top 4 now with Man City there, so hopefully the best prospect manager they can get in is someone who'd have them playing entertaining football.
Old 9th August 2010, 22:36

Post Re: Football Season 10/11

alot more negitive now Marty's left us in the lurch less the a week before the new season, of course sven will pimp himslf for the job but not sure he would get a job at Acrington Stanley, can't think of anyone available who I'd want . bet mark hughes is kicking himself for taking the job a week early . Martin Jol would do me but I can't see Ajax letting him go unless he resigns, Bring Back Ron Saunders he;s only 77. Bob Bradley is the favourite but that;s just lazy journalism because of the American conection
Old 10th August 2010, 07:43

Mood
Blah

MON to be sir alex #2 I hope
Old 10th August 2010, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeniX

your welcome too him.... Judas
Old 10th August 2010, 18:42

Mood
Worried

I support Leeds United and Altrincham.

But I prefer cricket! If that makes sense!
Old 10th August 2010, 19:00

Mood
Musical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeniX
Not for me. Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Newcastle or City should Hughton or Mancini get the boot. Mourinho is the only manager with the necessary ego to take the reins at OT for me. Whether or not we'll have the money to get him remains to be seen, though.

Anyway, as a Man Utd fan myself I'm not all that confident about our prospects this season. Chelsea's squad is weaker than it was (haven't seen enough of Ramires to make a judgment one way or the other) but with Hargreaves knackered and Anderson unable to stay off the pies, we could have definitely done with at least one more midfielder. Having said that, Cleverley looked promising in pre-season and I'm glad he hasn't been sent out on loan - he certainly has a bit of creative flair and is comfortable getting forward which is precisely what we're lacking in that area.

Looking forward to seeing more of Hernandez as well. Anyone whose reactions are quick enough to flick the ball into your own face and into the back of the net as he did on Sunday has definitely got something. I quite fancy us for the FA Cup this year, but a couple of injuries to key players and I think we'll fall short in the league.
Old 10th August 2010, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasonable Doubt
Looking forward to seeing more of Hernandez as well. Anyone whose reactions are quick enough to flick the ball into your own face and into the back of the net as he did on Sunday has definitely got something. I quite fancy us for the FA Cup this year, but a couple of injuries to key players and I think we'll fall short in the league.
I don`t think he meant that , he just fell over and the ball hit him in the face!
Old 13th August 2010, 01:04

As a Villa Fan I cant say I'm looking forward to the start of the season with the turmoil going on with the club. O'Neil really is a dick the way he left, 5 days before the start of the campagin and only a few weeks before the transfer window shuts.

I must admit I was shocked when I heard he resigned on Monday, I guess towards the latter part of last season the writing was on the wall but I thought he would go much earlier. The timing is just so he can get maximum publicity and with Milner being sold and possibly Young also so its an excuse for him to leave.

So do England fans seriously want O'Neil to replace Cappello, this just shows hes a bottler. He has the cheek to praise the fans yet he does this on us, like Andy Gray said its a "smack in the face". Despite my anger, O'Neil has done well at club with cup finals and Europe Qualification thats why I cant understand why he took the decison. In his time at Villa he spent over a £100m in transfer fees and the wage bill is sky high so can anyone blame Randy Lerner for trying to rein it in. O'Neil should understand that not throw his toys out the pram.

So who should be the new manager, fiirstly I think Bob Bradley is stupid idea. Hes got no experience of manageing in Europe and I would hate to see Gareth Southgate in charge. He is hated by Villa Fans for the way he left and said the club "lacked ambition" despite being loved by Villa fans at the time.

The Money would be on Martin Jol I reckon as in a poll in the local paper the Birmingham Mail he was top. Klinnsman is another choice and is the one I want to take charge. Sven keeps on getting linked for the job but I would think its doubtful with his wage demands, he wont come cheap. I guess its because of all his off field baggage.

So I wish the season wasnt starting, I can see it going wrong at home to West Ham on Saturday. What a Mess!!!
Old 14th August 2010, 01:54

Mood
Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasonable Doubt
Mourinho is the only manager with the necessary ego to take the reins at OT for me. Whether or not we'll have the money to get him remains to be seen, though.
I don't like to say it but i'd bet money on David Moyes being the next manager of Man U. He won't stay at Everton much longer after this season unless the money situation changes - the job he's done is amazing but with no money to spend on players there is only so far he can go.
Old 14th August 2010, 11:31

ya premier league season back. Though reading a BBC preview saying its more unpredictable than ever and more competitive this season- what crap. It's more predictable than ever this season. I think I actually hate Man City now- the way they've treated Ireland, and Bellamy and throwing around all this ridiculous money.

Usually I pick a side I kind of semi-follow for the season- and this season its so difficult to choose one. I think if I had to choose one I think it will be Bolton-simply likeable and good manager and will get Bolton playing nice football, and have a small potential for upsets.
Old 14th August 2010, 16:01

Blackpool 3-0 up at half-time away to Wigan!
Old 14th August 2010, 23:33

I want Kevin MacDonald as the Villa Manager, what a result today. Got to say fair play to Milner for his performance and goal in what will be his last game for us. Good on ya Jimmy !!!!
Old 14th August 2010, 23:40

Mood
Tired

Very proud of the 'Pool today. Tangerine dream, Blackpool rock, golden smiles all round etc etc Bring on the Arsenal next week!
Old 14th August 2010, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I want Kevin MacDonald as the Villa Manager, what a result today. Got to say fair play to Milner for his performance and goal in what will be his last game for us. Good on ya Jimmy !!!!
Mac is a great coach and villa through and through, but we still need someone who can bring in a couple of players . as I said in other thread was great to see Albrighton start I used to watch a lot of the youth games and have been banging on about what a good prospect he is for years
Old 14th August 2010, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dawn Fades
as I said in other thread was great to see Albrighton start I used to watch a lot of the youth games and have been banging on about what a good prospect he is for years
Ive always liked Albrighton and I agree it was great to see him get his chance today and great also to see Ciaran Clark get his chance. I think Macdonald could get the best out of the youger players as hes worked with many in our hugely successful reserve side that he was manager of.

I agree to attract the big names it might mean getting the like of Sven, Jol or Klinnsmann. If Macdonald isnt the choice then I hope Klinnsmann is.
Closed Thread