SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th February 2017, 16:38

Default Gray hair

I will turn 40 in a few months . I've noticed I'm beginning to get some gray hairs . I've only noticed it, as at the moment my hair colour is it's natural colour (dark brown) I do normally have it highlighted which I will get done soon.

There's not much point to this thread really ,just wondering when did you start to get gray hair? Have you just noticed it? Does it bother you?
It doesn't really bother me.
Old 20th February 2017, 17:27

Default Re: Gray hair

Very early in my twenties. It's never bothered me. A lot of people mentioned it when I was young, because it was unusual. Now I have loads and no one cares.
Old 20th February 2017, 21:30

Mood
Lonely

Going a little grey at the sides, doesn't really bother me much, more concerned at the disappearing hair on top!
Old 20th February 2017, 21:32

Mood
Blah

beginning at 40!
you lucky git!
i'm 32 and my beard is half white and my temples are white too
Old 20th February 2017, 21:34

I've started getting them and I'm only 30

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Old 20th February 2017, 21:55

Mood
Mellow

I've had grey hairs for quite a while. I'm 38. I'm quite annoyed as I have basically my mothers hair and she didn't have a single grey until she was in her 60's
Old 20th February 2017, 22:15

Mood
Cynical

I've had some since my late twenties too.
Old 20th February 2017, 22:17

I had a couple when I was in my early 20s, but they grey underneath the dark ones so weren't noticeable; even when I was 40 with waist-length hair, the grey ones were under the dark ones - at that point I decided to shave my head, since when (at some point) grey seems to have become the predominant colour (it's hard to say when, as I didn't allow any hair to grow back for a decade).

I can't really say that they've ever bothered me.
Old 21st February 2017, 00:10

I have a few....streaks of wisdom!

That's what I like to call them to make myself feel better anyway.
Old 21st February 2017, 00:22

I have never had gray hairs but I have many grey hairs. I have been to america but it was way before I started aging.

I started getting the odd one around 30 ish although all my hair was also odd at that point.

Late thirties it was greying and acceptable. Now I am worried because I see progression each time I look in the mirror. I dont particularly dislike it but it isnt really what I intend. I am not the kind of guy who would dye it. I suspect this is very different for men than women.

I am far more concerned with receding hair, luckily I can comb my back hair up and over for now.
Old 21st February 2017, 00:57

Mood
Musical

I noticed a few grey hairs in a small clump when I was 17. Not long after I coincidentally started messing around with hair dyes and did so for about 15 years. Just experimenting and not trying to to hide greys. Once I went back to my natural colour again I don't recall noticing any greys then. I have plenty now, although my hair is still predominantly dark brown.
Old 21st February 2017, 01:10

I used to have maroon streaks in my hair way back when and have considered selecting the greys and going red again but my being wants to just get on with accepting me and going forward with that. Back then it was a hippy type thing but changing something physical about me because I dont like it really grates with me for some reason. I think making effort to put a false image of myself forward makes me feel like it will lead to a downward spiral. I dont think it of anybody else, just me. There is a point where I need to cover my head nipple so I have to face that some time. Oh yeah, did I mention I have a nipple (birthmark) on the top of my head. Fear of going bald has been present since about age 6.

Personally in males (other than myself) I dont really notice, in women its all part of a mix. In itself in means nothing.
Old 21st February 2017, 06:58

I still have a full head of mostly brown hair with a sprinkling of grey at my temples. Lots in my beard but I'm usually clean shaved. No it doesn't bother me, but it might if I had a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 21st February 2017, 13:10

I first started noticing grey hair from about 27. I'm six weeks short of turning 32 and now there's lots of grey coming through whenever I get my hair cut.

I'm not particularly worried about going grey, but I thought I would have made it until at least my 40's before this started happening. My father didnt start turning grey until he was almost 50… He's now 64 and still not entirely grey.

What does worry me is what's already been mentioned in an earlier post… I've been growing an increasingly noticeable bald patch on top of my head since I was about 25. It's getting to the point I'm going to have to consider shaving it all off over the next few years if the rate it's growing continues… I won't under any circumstances be sporting the 'Friar Tuck' look…and certainly not in my 30's! I'd rather be bald than that!
Old 3rd March 2017, 03:19

I had a little bit in my twenties but its become a lot more noticeable over the last year.
Old 3rd March 2017, 15:29

Mood
Melancholy

A fair few grey ones but not too bad (I'm 50). Started in my thirties I think. My beard, when I have one, is half grey.

My younger brother has been completely grey since his early thirties and our dad had a comb-over by that age (my brother and I have full heads of hair). So I'm comparatively lucky!
Old 6th March 2017, 22:02

I'm 31. I started noticing grey hairs when I was about 27. Doesn't bother me at all. People usually think I'm younger than I am, so it can't age me that much!
Old 8th March 2017, 15:47

Mood
Insomnious

Heck, I have been getting single white hairs from time to time since I was 15 (a year ago), no clue why?
Old 9th March 2017, 09:45

I have a few but my hair is generally fairly short. I think about it sometimes anbd then I see someone looking really good with grey hair and I think: come on you greys, what ya waiting for?

I say: let grey be the new blonde! Rock that stylish silver!
Old 9th March 2017, 11:06

Mood
Sluggish

My grey hairs seem to have been breeding recently
Think I first noticed one when I was 16 or 17 and it stayed that way for many years, now at the age of 31 they're really going for it!

The thing that bothers me more is my rapidly receding hair line
Old 17th March 2017, 22:36

Yeah, got those!
Old 19th March 2017, 13:29

Mood
Stressed

yes i started getting grey hairs in my 30s im now 50 and had lots due to stress of bee sbused
Old 20th March 2017, 17:33

Mood
Pensive

I'm now almost 68, about 15 years ago, I got quite a few streaks of grey, but some of this had a change of heart and changed back to it's usual brown! Your guess is as good as mine why that was! My brothers hair when he was 45, (he's a year and a half younger than me) went grey to white and his children would cheekily ask me. "You using Grecian 8000, rather than the 1000 version?" I'm not bothered at all about going grey, in fact, I think it suits me - If it's any consolation, some people like Cary Grant, actually looked even more handsome once their hair went grey ...